Help please - Yellowing and claw like leaves?

SenorChang

Hi All,

Pretty new to this, please be gentle :peace:
I've had a read of one of the stickies that shows photos of problems and what could cause them.
I'm still not sure however what is causing this interesting issue.

Basic info:

Strain: unknown (was grown from seed, this is 3rd generation clone)
# Plants? 3
Been in flower for 5 weeks
Indoor / Hydro
Medium: Coco Coir
Setup: 1 x 400watt MH
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 28C
Any Pests? none
How Often are you Watering? Every 2-3 days
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? House & Garden Cocos A+B (5ml of each per 1000ml water)
Size or Square Footage of Room? Growlab 80 (2'7" wide x 2'7" deep x 5'11" tall / 31.5" x 31.5" x 70.8" tall / 80 x 80 x 180cm)

Photos:

P1050172.JPG

P1050173.JPG

So you can see from the photos, that we have a bit of yellowing around the leaf edges. Also there is a "claw" effect on them too - drooping downwards and the edges look like "claws".

This only seems to be happening in the flowering phase, and also happened in the previous grow.

Is this a nute problem? How to resolve this one?

:thanks:

SC.

Re: Help please... Yellowing and claw like leaves?

I am a novice grower not really good at diagnosing deficiencies. Have you checked out the plant abuse chart? The link is in my sig. But just curious are you giving your plant any type of bloom boosters? My understanding and someone correct me if I am wrong but I thought during flower plants need less N but more P and K which I think they get from the bloom boosters. You're growing in coco like I am, I have one plant in flower maybe a week or two older than yours. I still give them their nutes but I have also been using the bloom boosters which seems to have been helping. Thats why I asked if you're using any, I am not familiar with the line of nutes you're using. Hopefully someone will come along that has more information for you.

what are your temps? looks like some heat stress along with some nute problems. queen is very right about plants needing different things in the flowering schedule. I too am unfamiliar with your nutes so can't help too much with them but i do know Blue Planet Nutrients Has come up with a brilliant formula for MJ plants and is really amazing! also they are very affordable and have a convenient feed chart on their website! From my experience, its pretty hard to over nute with BPN :Namaste:

I've had similar to something like this in the past, from what I remember it may be a Potassium deficiency. Yours seem to be curling down rather than up, but I find that is more dependent on how the leaves start to dry.

Cheers,

Thanks everyone .. It sounds like a combination of things. I feel it's temp related along with a deficiency. Might be time to try some different nutes and see how they go.

Ill let you know if things improve and appreciate the replies :)

Cheers

That looks like too much nitrogen. It will then lock out other things like calcium and cause multiple issues. I might suggest a complete flush and allow a week with no nutes at all then back up slowly.

That looks like too much nitrogen. It will then lock out other things like calcium and cause multiple issues. I might suggest a complete flush and allow a week with no nutes at all then back up slowly.

This sounds right to me, people say you have deficiencies but that could be just because you have too much nitrogen to start with.
I had the heavy claw on my first grow.

Back
Top Bottom