Help please

The Topping Technique. Topping allows us to manipulate the growth patterns of the plant by removing top apical growth tips where auxins are produced. This is called, “breaking the apical dominance”, and it allows lateral branches to develop.

when you top the main part of the plant, (like you did)

it stops the vertical growth and focusses on the “horizontal” growth, The branches. When you top the other branches. It stops those branches from growing longer, and push out other pre flowers. Essentially you might as well go right into flower, because the lateral growth of each individual branch has stopped growing.

whyonly have 8 colas, when you could have 24 or more main colas. :rofl:

and that is why I ask, why does a person want to top the secondary branches. Your lining your self up for a small harvest my friend.

Check out the link in my signature on how to make your own signature. Then you can put a link to your journal in your signature, so people can find it easier.

I guess I still don't know what you mean man.

I topped the plant per instruction and obviously the main stem has stopped growing but now there are two colas growing vertically from the remaining 2 offshoots from 3rd now. They are growing vertically not horizontally now. My plant has still been getting taller. I've topped it a 2nd time because now I have quadruple the 2 and 8 will now be gvertical
The Topping Technique. Topping allows us to manipulate the growth patterns of the plant by removing top apical growth tips where auxins are produced. This is called, “breaking the apical dominance”, and it allows lateral branches to develop.

it stops the vertical growth and focusses on the “horizontal” growth, The branches. When you top the other branches. It stops those branches from growing longer, and push out other pre flowers. Essentially you might as well go right into flower, because the lateral growth of each individual branch has stopped growing.

and that is why I ask, why does a person want to top the secondary branches. Your lining your self up for a small harvest my friend.

Check out the link in my signature on how to make your own signature. Then you can put a link to your journal in your signature, so people can find it easier.

I guess I still don't know what you mean man.

I topped the plant per instruction and obviously the main stem has stopped growing but now there are two colas growing vertically from the remaining 2 offshoots from 3rd now. They are growing vertically not horizontally now. My plant has still been getting taller. I've topped it a 2nd time because now I have quadruple the 2 and 8 will now be growing vertical.

I followed the directions in my link to a tee and the plant on that site looks amazing and continue to grow vertically after topping

I'm not topping more than that because I'm on a time schedule because I'm moving and dont want to wait for extra recovery time. I'm switching to 12/12 after 6 or 7 weeks.

EDIT: maybe you think I topped at the wrong spot but I can tell you my plant is still growing taller

When I say vertical growth I mean, the top of the plant. After it’s topped, it won’t grow anymore branches off of that node. When I say horizontal growth. After it’s topped it focussed on the branches below the top. You then train those branches to be tied down. Like this.

634FE21C-936B-4EA2-9410-480A7CF5A464.jpeg

focusing the branches to grow horizontally untill the branches reach the outside of the pot. You then let them grow vertically from there. Let the secondary branches come in and fill in a nice even canopy. Like this.

DC2ACDF7-1905-4142-B449-134B64BC0D5E.jpeg

When I say vertical growth I mean, the top of the plant. After it’s topped, it won’t grow anymore branches off of that node. When I say horizontal growth. After it’s topped it focussed on the branches below the top. You then train those branches to be tied down. Like this.

focusing the branches to grow horizontally untill the branches reach the outside of the pot. You then let them grow vertically from there. Let the secondary branches come in and fill in a nice even canopy. Like this.

Great guide! :thumb: :green_heart:

How did you go about that?

Top it once in the beginning then bend and tie the two colas then bend and tie the horizontal shoots off those?

Am I phrasing that correctly ?

The way I did that, is one topping. A person should only ever top a plant once. There is other instances where a person is dealing with height restrictions, and their forced to top the plant more then once, (Exactly what you were originally saying).

Go to my Backlip is back with green crack and sour Jack journal. I’ve got a tutorial video on topping and training.

Once a person tops the main part of the plant. The plant stops pushing out new branches/tops. It is manipulated to stay at that internode, and focusses it’s energy in the lower parts of the plants. (The branches) because fan leaves don’t give you that sticky icky! I mean they do but they don’t. They suck up the rays from the sun/light and move it around the plant as it needs it. But the branches that come in just above those fan leaves, is what produces that sticky icky. They grow pre flowers, and turn into the colas we desire.
What I do, in that plant pictures above is I topped once. Then let the plant focus on the lower internodes. Once the lower internodes come in to be long enough, I tie them down, to manipulate it to grow outwards rather then straight up, (As pictured above). Once the third and fourth branches come in off of the top internode, you tie each one to each corner to have their own separate space near the outside of the pot. Then all the 5th and 6th internodes come in off the bottom internodes you left on, and give you a nice canopy, (like pictured above).

after you too, your left with plants that look like this,
Short stuby, nothing really to it. You then train and manipulate the plant to look like you want it to.

Back
Top Bottom