Help please! 2 week old seedlings

Alex0810203

420 Member
Hello everyone!
Im new here and it is my first time growing my own medical cannabis at home.
I've invested alot into the set up I created and I am now facing my first issue. Yellowing bottom leaves
My 5 plants came from seeds wich ive germinated.
They are from the Jack herer Strain.
They are 2 weeks and a half off germination.
My tent 6"x6"x6" contains ;
-2 Led 1000W lamps full spectrum with vegetative mode and bloom mode.
- A fan with charcoal filter
- A Heater
- a monitor wich regulates lights, heat and fan.
The average temperature in my tent is 26° celsius and humidity is around 43%
They have a cycle of 18 houres of light and 6 houres of darkness.
I just ordered a good PH calculaor kit but it wont be here until next week.

My babies seemed to do well until a few days ago.. their bottom leaves started yellowing slowly.
I usually water them once the dirt start separating from the container or when they feel quite light wich is about every 2-3 days tops. I dont give alot of water but enough for it to start leek a little from under the pot.

Ps. I added the second 1000W led lamp about 6 days ago.
Just turned it off thinking that might be the issue?

Im affraid that this might be the begining of the end... what should i do?
Thanks alot for the help!

20201204_144536.jpg

20201204_144534.jpg

20201204_144414.jpg

20201203_112035.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of burying those compostable peat cups whole. The plants will kind of mesh their taproot and some of the lower roots with the base of it, but if you can somewhat gently cut the sides away then I think the plant will stretch into the next up-potting better.

I've also found growing with a living soil food web feeding the plants instead of bottled nutrient feeding, I do have to up-pot sooner I think than I would have to if I was feeding the plant directly, because they start to get hungry with the smaller soil mass available to them

Should i cut the yellow leaves to prevent the plant from using its energy in vain?
Usually on any other bigger plant I would but at this stage should I?
Did lots of research but a lot of things are contradictory online, :/

Also I wouldn't bother cutting the yellowed leaves. Aside from occasional defoliation, I usually wait till the leaves either fall off or pretty much come right off without even having to pull them

I'm not a huge fan of burying those compostable peat cups whole. The plants will kind of mesh their taproot and some of the lower roots with the base of it, but if you can somewhat gently cut the sides away then I think the plant will stretch into the next up-potting better.

I've also found growing with a living soil food web feeding the plants instead of bottled nutrient feeding, I do have to up-pot sooner I think than I would have to if I was feeding the plant directly, because they start to get hungry with the smaller soil mass available to them
Agree. Those peat cups take too long to break down.

not a great cannabis soil. you're gonna need nutes at some point. there usually isn't enough in that mix to sustain a plant through to flower.

they need nutes and an up pot. if you use those that soil right now in an up pot, there will be enough to sustain them til you get some nutes. but be quick.

those little plants have exhausted the nutes they need from that soil and are eating themselves to survive.
i use that soil in an outdoor hydro container grow. i mix it with with hp promix and supplement with mega crop.

edit: also i dunno who sold you the lights but i pray karma finds them.. you're gonna want to upgrade at some point. by now with all the advances burple is really poor tech. and those things aren't 1000w. not even close. you would need special wiring and a dedicated circuit. they are only a 1000w worth of misleading advertising.

Agree. Those peat cups take too long to break down.
And they dry out too quick ! Cut the bottom off When You transplant if you are going to leave them on to be sure .
Looks great !

Hello everyone!
Im new here and it is my first time growing my own medical cannabis at home.
I've invested alot into the set up I created and I am now facing my first issue. Yellowing bottom leaves
My 5 plants came from seeds wich ive germinated.
They are from the Jack herer Strain.
They are 2 weeks and a half off germination.
My tent 6"x6"x6" contains ;
-2 Led 1000W lamps full spectrum with vegetative mode and bloom mode.
- A fan with charcoal filter
- A Heater
- a monitor wich regulates lights, heat and fan.
The average temperature in my tent is 26° celsius and humidity is around 43%
They have a cycle of 18 houres of light and 6 houres of darkness.
I just ordered a good PH calculaor kit but it wont be here until next week.

My babies seemed to do well until a few days ago.. their bottom leaves started yellowing slowly.
I usually water them once the dirt start separating from the container or when they feel quite light wich is about every 2-3 days tops. I dont give alot of water but enough for it to start leek a little from under the pot.

Ps. I added the second 1000W led lamp about 6 days ago.
Just turned it off thinking that might be the issue?

Im affraid that this might be the begining of the end... what should i do?
Thanks alot for the help!

20201204_144536.jpg

20201204_144534.jpg

20201204_144414.jpg

20201203_112035.jpg
Yellowing of leaves is a sign of malnutrition. That dirt is being sucked dry. It's time to up your pot size! It needs newer dirt. Def ready for transplant!

Thanks everyone for the help!
Woke up this morning and transplanted them at once in their bins.
I removed them as much as possible from the containers or at least broke it down a bit so the roots can get out.

They where quite dry... wondering if those compostable pots make them dry out ALOT faster than i thought...
I watered them with water ( wich i added a bit of lemon juice to adjust the PH until i receive my PH tools next week. I tested my water with a ph drop kit ( wich i know arent accurate ) but it said my water was around 8-8.5
Also turned on the second lamp.
Heres what their environment looks like right now :

-Should i lower the lights?
-should I add nutes right away or way a bit for them to adjust to their new home first?

20201206_124041.jpg

20201206_124029.jpg

20201206_124023.jpg

16072769762187663015194638164353.jpg

wow those are some big totes... you might wanna rethink container size .. but if it holds dirt - it'll work. i would have up potted them to a more manageable 3 or 5 gal size pot.

do you have any holes in those ? drainage is a necessity.

also check out how to water a potted plant for a watering / feeding tutorial. will save you loads of trouble. link is in my sig as well. leave a thanx for @Emilya when you do.

you're gonna be ok for now and are on your way. all the other stuff can be addressed as it comes up.

not a great cannabis soil. you're gonna need nutes at some point. there usually isn't enough in that mix to sustain a plant through to flower.

they need nutes and an up pot. if you use those that soil right now in an up pot, there will be enough to sustain them til you get some nutes. but be quick.

those little plants have exhausted the nutes they need from that soil and are eating themselves to survive.
i use that soil in an outdoor hydro container grow. i mix it with with hp promix and supplement with mega crop.

edit: also i dunno who sold you the lights but i pray karma finds them.. you're gonna want to upgrade at some point. by now with all the advances burple is really poor tech. and those things aren't 1000w. not even close. you would need special wiring and a dedicated circuit. they are only a 1000w worth of misleading advertising.

wow those are some big totes... you might wanna rethink container size .. but if it holds dirt - it'll work. i would have up potted them to a more manageable 3 or 5 gal size pot.

do you have any holes in those ? drainage is a necessity.

also check out how to water a potted plant for a watering / feeding tutorial. will save you loads of trouble. link is in my sig as well. leave a thanx for @Emilya when you do.

you're gonna be ok for now and are on your way. all the other stuff can be addressed as it comes up.
Yes, i drilled many holes in each containers. They are the same ones i use for my tomato plants outside in the summer which worked amazingly. But once again weed isint tomatoes... maybe i should ve taken them smaller... well, im learning!
I'll admit im a bit worried about how to water those now, outside it was quite easy but indoors hmmm... yeah...

Not offering advice , but sharing some of my thoughts and my limited experience.
Last spring I tried the peat pots with a bunch of my veggies.
Never again. As someone else mentioned they suck the moisture right out of the root ball .
Watering was a constant issue.
In regard to your new pots , I think most folks would say fill up w/ soil to with in 1” of rim.
Check out @Emilya on How To Water a Potted Plant.
Cheers and GL.

Back
Top Bottom