Help: Wilting new clones, new grower

You’re clones look so nice. Mine are wilting and seemingly close to death. Going with what I posted what should I change? I appreciate you in advance lol.
I found smaller cubes easier to work with...killed a lot of cuttings with big cubes that never seemed to dry much.
Do you have any spare cubes? Cut one in maybe 4 and put 1 (maybe the loose one) in the new small cube.
Also trim/shave a small amount off bottom and add root compound again...just like its the first time put into cube(s).

By any chance do you have any fluorescent tubes lights around? A t8 will work and a t5 is even better. If not, just raise your led. Without knowing your light, 3ft above sounds good for a cutting. If you can find out par numbers and all that stuff for your light you can find the specific range for your light.

i had clones in my veg tent last time and they were taking forever, it wasn't long after i put them under the 8w ( par 60w) house bulb they started to do stuff. it's even aimed upward a bit. some dudes say you can just put them in a cup of water in the window lol.

By any chance do you have any fluorescent tubes lights around? A t8 will work and a t5 is even better. If not, just raise your led. Without knowing your light, 3ft above sounds good for a cutting. If you can find out par numbers and all that stuff for your light you can find the specific range for your light.
The 600w LED PAR600t 18 On 6 off

I found smaller cubes easier to work with...killed a lot of cuttings with big cubes that never seemed to dry much.
Do you have any spare cubes? Cut one in maybe 4 and put 1 (maybe the loose one) in the new small cube.
Also trim/shave a small amount off bottom and add root compound again...just like its the first time put into cube(s).
I have no spare cubes :( should can I give them a desk light lol?

I have no spare cubes :( should can I give them a desk light lol?

besides having low light they like it 24/0 from what i understand. i bet a desk light would be fine lol.

The size of the cube isn’t as important as the part of the stem in the cube being in complete darkness. Roots won’t pop if light can reach. When putting the stem in, we want a nice snug feel without having to force it in—just like high school! :laugh: Some places sell cube covers which are just thin plastic/paper with hole cut to the middle. Some creative stoners make their own when needed. Don’t think it will help much now, but moving forward just so you have a better understanding of the process.

The size of the cube isn’t as important as the part of the stem in the cube being in complete darkness. Roots won’t pop if light can reach. When putting the stem in, we want a nice snug feel without having to force it in—just like high school! :laugh: Some places sell cube covers which are just thin plastic/paper with hole cut to the middle. Some creative stoners make their own when needed. Don’t think it will help much now, but moving forward just so you have a better understanding of the process.

i have 2 cuttings in 1/3 piece of rapid rooters. trying to cut costs lol. i like the rapid rooters for cloning so far, no light gets at the roots and it makes for a really easy on the nerves potting lol. no rooting hormone either, i read too much about how it really doesn't help as much as we want to think.

I do have an aloe vera plant that i'm gonna try the gel inside as a rooting compound. If you google it you can find a side by side done with 3 different kinds of plants, 1 with commercial powder, 1 with none, and one with aloe gel and the aloe ones all won.

I haven’t cut clones in years. Would like to play around with experimenting. The stuff I did was taught so I don’t understand all the whys. We had a very success rate and rarely lost a cuttings, but that could’ve been an environmental reason as opposed to all the things we added. Cloning is definitely not new science and has been done long before humans starting outlawing plants.

I have a 60watt desk light? I don’t know what kinda bulb. Should I use that? Going to my local hydro store to see what’s up. See if they have a better light. I’ll also mist the inside dome and put a shot filled with water inside also to keep it humid? I’m hoping these guys start not dropping. I don’t wanna cut the leaves because I don’t wanna fuck it up lol

A cool white cfl bulb would work for a cutting or two but won’t be useful for the entire tray. Just tell your hydro guy you need a light for a clone dome or whatever those things are called. I’m biased towards the T5 and highly recommend those for young plants.
Store was closed :( gonna order off amazon. Hopefully they don’t die until then. I’ll keep matt off and just try to keep moisture.

Even if it drops to 75 it’s good? Just wanna see these girls perk up. I’ll also keep a shot glass of water in the dome. Hoping for light st the end of the tunnel.

Even if it drops to 75 it’s good? Just wanna see these girls perk up. I’ll also keep a shot glass of water in the dome. Hoping for light st the end of the tunnel.

yeah 75 is good. take the dome off for a bit once or twice a day see if that helps.

Pics. They look okay?

Attachments

• 6C9A8603-80FB-49E2-B81F-A9AE3AB597DC.jpeg
    6C9A8603-80FB-49E2-B81F-A9AE3AB597DC.jpeg
    506.5 KB · Views: 276
  • CB931CC0-3FB1-4735-901B-F84F15014FDD.jpeg
    CB931CC0-3FB1-4735-901B-F84F15014FDD.jpeg
    463.8 KB · Views: 266
Update. Light off. No mat. It got down to 65f. So I’m plugging mat back in. Surprisingly some are looking better now.

my heat mat was too hot on the lowest setting so i put it on the spare timer i have. 15 on 15 off.
the cuttings are looking better. i'm sure they'll take root soon enough. i think the thicker they are the longer it takes.

my heat mat was too hot on the lowest setting so i put it on the spare timer i have. 15 on 15 off.
the cuttings are looking better. i'm sure they'll take root soon enough. i think the thicker they are the longer it takes.
Thank you so much everyone. I’ll post updates as I go. The light comes on at 8 so another hour my time. If they start wilting. I’m going to assume it’s the light.and I’m only running heat mat when light is off

Back
Top Bottom