Help with hermie

Amprarr

420 Member
I have a very strong growing photoperiodic hermie plant that is a hybrid with indica dominence from an unknown strain/breeder.
Once put in flower and the male calyx blow their loads how big of an area will be affected?
Will the female seeds be female or hermie if I let this thing breed itself and harvest the seeds?
Thanks in advance, first post this has been bugging me for a couple weeks since ive been taking clones and just stocking up not sure what to do with them yet.

From my experience the seeds on the plant that is the hermie will herm out in flower. Now if there are other plants around it them seeds will be mostly female and some will some wont herm.

Yes they have a higher chance of being hermie. Sometimes you can get lucky and get some seeds that don't but at that point usually that genetic line is unstable. Even if it doesn't hermie certain stressor will cause it to herm. I've ran some seeds from good mids before. Every time I popped one they would herm around the same time 6-7 weeks in flower.

Hey @Amprarr indoors or outdoors? You will have a difficult time trying to control your male's pollen if they are confined to the same space, and everything will hermie

This one is indoors so I will have to put it in its own room with a female for good seeds, I was hoping to cut corners but I know better than to ever try and do that.
Thanks Rucifer999, You reassured what my gut was saying, its kind of obvious that it would be inable to produce anything but males and more hermies without introducing a female but I had to ask.

Once put in flower and the male calyx blow their loads how big of an area will be affected?
All the plants in the grow space,especially if there's a fan running.

What are those pictures showing?
Nothing there looks to definitely be male flowers,at least not yet.
Can you do a pic not quite so close up?

Hermie's can be caused by stress too though, right? My question being if you had a genuine female plant go mild Hermie (eg only 3 or 4 sacs on a whole plant) due to some environmental stress, the Hermie component wouldn't be part of genetic make up of the seed, and wouldn't it just produce fem seeds? Or am I too high?

mild hermi, lol.. that's funny..
It's part of its genetic makeup.. stress comes in many forms.. it's gone mild hermi lol from that stress..those seeds produced, bird feed.. if it pollinates another plant, that's a strong female that won't stress easily, these female seeds to the hobby/self grower, worth growing to have a look at a few..

Haha thanks. The plant I have at the moment has a couple of pollen sacs right down on the bottom branches, and nothing in the top 2 thirds. If I had lollipopped there would be none. I've had Hermie's before and they put out male flowers all over the shop, but on this plant there's only a few and they don't appear to have pollen in them (if they do its too little to see). So I chalked them up to stress from super cropping and defoliation.

Back
Top Bottom