Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

re: Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

Get a bottle of Peroxide at the drugstore.... Put the peroxide in a spray bottle....when you first see the rotten spot on a bud, saturate the entire area with a soaking spray of peroxide. Place plant out of direct light till liquid has evaporated....repeat as necessary. It won't hurt the plant, or leave a soapy residue on the bud. It does stop the rot in it's tracks. I've done it a few times now...because under ripe, water-cured buds are a bummer************it works great:tokin::tokin::tokin:

Hey Q don't panic! I didn't say you had bud rot, just to look for it. The odd dead/dying leaf is fine but if you have a cluster dying that's not good.

As your plant matures and dies the leaves should turn color and die in a fairly slow, natural process which is fine. What happened to me was a bunch of the leaves started dying suddenly - not just the fan leaves but the cola leaves too. I had no clue what was happening. That grow was in very high & humid conditions which I'll never grow in again.

So I personally wouldn't do anything right now except watch. Chopper knows his shit so I'm sure that's fine but I've never tried it.

Hope that helps!

First off, dude Chopper, Big duh moment on my part...Why the hell didn't I think of that!? Thanks for that. fortunately I've yet to actually see ANY rot in the budz, but that top cola on #2 is right around 2" in diameter, and pretty dense. I tried digging my way in there with my thumbs an dpulling apart the buds to see if i could find anything, but as far as I can see theres nothing wrong with them aside from the leaves, and some slight foxtailing. I'll continue to keep an eye on things though...

Now Blue, so for the most part, these leaves you cansee in those pics are reallt the only ones dying like that, not sure why but yeah i did panic a little. my ph IS however low, 5.5-6.5, which i know isnt good, and my temps ARE high, mid to high 80's during lights on. Sometimes even low 90's if I dont take certain precautions. (I know I know, just on a budget with Very limited space, 2x2' footprint in a closet.) So for the rest of this one I'm gunna try ta bringem full term with the conditions i have. Anyway, Thanks for the heads up, and for the help. As always it's much appreciated! I've been working my way through 52Fire's two journals, and some of OMM's, great stuff! My next grow will be a little more dialed in, with the addition of a 150w hps for flower, or a replacement 200w 27k cfl for the hood I already Have, as well as ph-ing the water up to some better levels. Gunna try my hand at another two of these NLs, and two bagseed seeds from a buddy of mine. Of course I'll be working out the bugs with heat issues also, and I'd like to invite you, 52, chopper and OMM personally to my grow. Obviously any and all are welcome, and encouraged to join in, but you guys get VIP status and front row seats!! Thanks again guys:thanks:!!!

Hey Q no problem. But rot is pretty easy to spot when you know what you're looking for, the bud will be black where it joins the stem. You'll probably see mold on the buds too if your eyes are good enough.

DocBud's threads are a must read imo if you haven't checked them out.

One thing he says over and over is spend money on your environment, not nutes. If the lights, temps, rh, ventilation and water are good you'll be able to grow kick-ass plants with miracle grow (note I'm not recommending MG). But if they're not, you're going to be fighting problems no matter what nutes you use.

You can get very good nutes, organic or otherwise, at your local lowes, garden store etc for a fraction of the price you'll pay at a hydro store for the same stuff with fancy names and packaging. My last grow cost me about $10 total for the nutes.

So I'd recommend you do what you can to get the environment dialed in and you'll be much happier in the end. Good luck bro and post a link when you get your journal running.

Hey Q no problem. But rot is pretty easy to spot when you know what you're looking for, the bud will be black where it joins the stem. You'll probably see mold on the buds too if your eyes are good enough.

One thing he says over and over is spend money on your environment, not nutes. If the lights, temps, rh, ventilation and water are good you'll be able to grow kick-ass plants with miracle grow (note I'm not recommending MG). But if they're not, you're going to be fighting problems no matter what nutes you use.

You can get very good nutes, organic or otherwise, at your local lowes, garden store etc for a fraction of the price you'll pay at a hydro store for the same stuff with fancy names and packaging. My last grow cost me about $10 total for the nutes.

So I'd recommend you do what you can to get the environment dialed in and you'll be much happier in the end. Good luck bro and post a link when you get your journal running.

Blue, that's great advice! :thanks:

Quick question: what's your opinion on a dark period just prior to harvest? If you do it, can you explain why and how long? :thanks:

For sure brother willdo, and I will def get around to Doc's neck o the woods in the near future. And you're right, My environment could use some attention...See ya around!

Blue, that's great advice! :thanks:

Quick question: what's your opinion on a dark period just prior to harvest? If you do it, can you explain why and how long? :thanks:

Hey Mr. Krip!

I honestly don't know what to tell you about the dark period. My plants seemed done and I didn't have the space or energy to chop them so I turned off the lights. I had watered them the day before. I'd tried some test buds earlier in the week that were so-so.

I kept them like that in the dark for 4 or 5 days. The only thing I noticed when I chopped them was that they were very moist/wet. Other than that they looked about the same as when I turned off the lights, a bit droopier. I hung them for a week to dry.

They are now both really good smoke, but how much the darkness had to do with it I can't say. If I do it again (a) it won't be right after I water and (b) it won't be for more than 48 hrs. The more I think about it, unless something unusual comes up I probably won't do it again.

Hey Mr. Krip!

I honestly don't know what to tell you about the dark period. My plants seemed done and I didn't have the space or energy to chop them so I turned off the lights. I had watered them the day before. I'd tried some test buds earlier in the week that were so-so.

I kept them like that in the dark for 4 or 5 days. The only thing I noticed when I chopped them was that they were very moist/wet. Other than that they looked about the same as when I turned off the lights, a bit droopier. I hung them for a week to dry.

They are now both really good smoke, but how much the darkness had to do with it I can't say. If I do it again (a) it won't be right after I water and (b) it won't be for more than 48 hrs. The more I think about it, unless something unusual comes up I probably won't do it again.

Thanks, Blue! :thanks:

I think you just convinced me to skip a dark period, although I have another month or so to change my mind! :grinjoint:

So I'm looking ahead, thinking two grows from now, Started looking at Nirvana for seed. 2 q's for you...Where do i find the dollar amount fors eeds instead of the Euro? Oram i supposed to just be savy and know the conversion rates!? :lot-o-toke:

So I'm looking ahead, thinking two grows from now, Started looking at Nirvana for seed. 2 q's for you...Where do i find the dollar amount fors eeds instead of the Euro? Oram i supposed to just be savy and know the conversion rates!? :lot-o-toke:

And the 2nd Q, what are they referring to when the strain is listed as a "White Strain"?....or not....

Hey Q thinking ahead is good! If I'd have done that I'd be looking at a harvest in the next few weeks instead of months :smokin:

And the 2nd Q, what are they referring to when the strain is listed as a "White Strain"?....or not....

Hey Quix! If you look at the orange bar at the top of their home page just click the drop down menu where it says Euro then select your currency.I've read the white strains are white widow and crosses of WW. And I've also read the white strains are strains that have great trichome production towards the end that make the buds look white. I would like to know what it really means:smokin:

52 that's good to know about the currency, I googled a currency converter. That's also my understanding of 'white' strains too but I don't think I've ever seen it explained.

I only made one purchase so far and it was through Single Seed Co, a sponsor that I recommend because you can buy, as it says, single seeds from almost all the seed companies. You can get seeds from companies like Barney's Farm that won't sell to US customers. And you get freebie fem seeds.

Seed groupies like our beloved OMM love Attitude. They run specials and if you watch and spend a few bucks you can get some great deals with freebies.

My wish list: Blackberry, Aurora Indica, Blue Cheese, Alaskan Ice, Pure Power Plant, Jack Herrer & Chronic.

Nice list! :yummy:

Let me know if you've found a good place for the Blackberry seeds.

I sure will bro. Doc rightly slams the mmj nute manufacturers for their hype and prices, but he could be an awesome marketer himself.

I've had the Blackberry at the top of my list ever since he grew and described it, but he gets his seeds from locals. Probably the guys who developed the strain lol. That's one plant I'll def try to grow in organic soil.

I sure will bro. Doc rightly slams the mmj nute manufacturers for their hype and prices, but he could be an awesome marketer himself.

I've had the Blackberry at the top of my list ever since he grew and described it, but he gets his seeds from locals. Probably the guys who developed the strain lol. That's one plant I'll def try to grow in organic soil.

I agree! Doc sold me on hempy... :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Yep, me too - I just worry the blackberry out there is not like the blackberry he grew.

Hey Quix! If you look at the orange bar at the top of their home page just click the drop down menu where it says Euro then select your currency.I've read the white strains are white widow and crosses of WW. And I've also read the white strains are strains that have great trichome production towards the end that make the buds look white. I would like to know what it really means:smokin:

Thanks 52! I was pretty baked last night so navigation was impeded, another duh moment....

PS Here's an awesome link if you're into seeds, courtesy of Mmmmick.

Seedfinder

Love this link - I just found out about this a couple of weeks ago - and it's a keeper.

I do like the seed finder, but while loo
king for the Single seeds I came accross a couple different ones, can you tell me which one you were talking about Blue?

Morning Blue...and all
1st...."White Strain" is a derivative of the original "White Witch...or (White Widow") strains from the 80's in Amsterdam as far as I know
2nd....look at the top of the page and click on the US flag and the page automaticaly changes to dollars....Union Jack for pound sterling etc.
3rd....I disagree about Fox Farm nutes only because I have never had even a so so grow since I started using it. I find that it works out to less than a buck for each ounce of dried bud I end up with....about 60 cents or so. For the 60 cents, I ain't fucking with success....but I will try OC+ soon
4th...seed finder is AWESOME
5th....your vacation shed didn't wash away
6th....putting a Nirvana order together for next week. More Aurora for certain...regular, I want a seed plant...the rest I'll post after I order
7th...Attitude is great people and good source
Last...my wife goes for surgery tomorrow....hip replacement (she needs both done and she's only 40! AVN sux) Glad you're feeling better, I'll check in again soon bud. Feel gooder
PEACE:Namaste:

Last...my wife goes for surgery tomorrow....hip replacement (she needs both done and she's only 40! AVN sux) :

Sending good vibes your way as well as your wife's, Chopper.

Morning Blue...and all
1st...."White Strain" is a derivative of the original "White Witch...or (White Widow") strains from the 80's in Amsterdam as far as I know
2nd....look at the top of the page and click on the US flag and the page automaticaly changes to dollars....Union Jack for pound sterling etc.
3rd....I disagree about Fox Farm nutes only because I have never had even a so so grow since I started using it. I find that it works out to less than a buck for each ounce of dried bud I end up with....about 60 cents or so. For the 60 cents, I ain't fucking with success....but I will try OC+ soon
4th...seed finder is AWESOME
5th....your vacation shed didn't wash away
6th....putting a Nirvana order together for next week. More Aurora for certain...regular, I want a seed plant...the rest I'll post after I order
7th...Attitude is great people and good source
Last...my wife goes for surgery tomorrow....hip replacement (she needs both done and she's only 40! AVN sux) Glad you're feeling better, I'll check in again soon bud. Feel gooder
PEACE:Namaste:

Thanksfor the info Chop...And best wishes to you and your wife...

Back
Top Bottom