Here comes the frost

Woodyweedpecker

It’s getting cold tonight ! Possibility of 33 degrees F ! So it starts early ,, covering greenhouse and keeping my girls cozy .
Plants are much smaller this year but there’s tons of killer tops due to LST . I have a nice level canopy and have stripped all the popcorn branches and overburden foliage . They are still stretching for a few more days .
Each 4x4 planter has a HPS above for supplemental lighting and already I can see a humongous difference compared to cloudy skies & shadows the lights are making my girls chubby !
Pic is Kush Mintz & Sasquatch ,, C02 burned clones planted end of June

C4500B03-A521-40F4-8A9C-C788981A063C.jpeg

It’s getting cold tonight ! Possibility of 33 degrees F ! So it starts early ,, covering greenhouse and keeping my girls cozy .
Plants are much smaller this year but there’s tons of killer tops due to LST . I have a nice level canopy and have stripped all the popcorn branches and overburden foliage . They are still stretching for a few more days .
Each 4x4 planter has a HPS above for supplemental lighting and already I can see a humongous difference compared to cloudy skies & shadows the lights are making my girls chubby !

Great garden my Woody. :yahoo:
Hope your doing well my friend. :ciao:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

What is this??
I get clones from a master grower in the spring . He always has unobtainable select top shelf genetics . Anyway he’s been away working out of town and his co2 burner went fubar and was continuously pumping causing some yellowing of the clones . From hydro ( coco ) to loamy soil the Kush Mintz & Sasquatch exploded however the Blackberry Kush & Wedding cake didn’t show any vigorous growth for the first months . Patience and consistency paid off . They were standing still digging in deep rooting because the last 4 weeks before flowering ( greenhouse ) those 2 almost caught up with the KM & S so the Co2 burn is what he called it but I dunno ? I think his kid was possibly messing with nute because it resembled mag defiance & nitrogen burn , they coaxed back to health .
Every year I get at least one weirdo plant . Either a mother that’s all hacked up giving clones or some poor wilted scrub in the corner ! I like experimenting and educating myself . So far I have 100% success rate in Mary Jane husbandry 👍🏻

2week stretch is coming to an end . 29 degrees outside the greenery , I’m covered in blankets , tarps , tattered plastic and a bunk billboard . 65 degrees in here . I have 3000 watts HPS waking the girls up . Frosty outside and I noticed ,, already getting frosty inside

Do you cover them at night to protect from frost? I ask because I may end up in the same position and I ask because I am new at this.

Do you cover them at night to protect from frost? I ask because I may end up in the same position and I ask because I am new at this.
They are n a greenhouse . I cover the greenhouse with tarps until it gets 11 degrees or colder then I switch to concrete insulation blankets and jam out the mornings with HPS supplemental lighting . I have to scurry each evening to close up greenery and cover to trap as much heat as I can . I also have a radiator style oil heater set low in middle of greenery that ensures they stay cozy .

It’s almost 10 am and 49 degrees outside , 79 degrees in greenhouse . Greenhouse has a billboard tarp over it
( Ben n Jerry’s cookie dough ) 😁. HPS lights on , fans on , windows 1/3 open for ventilation . It will reach 95 today and 29 tonight . I harvested mid November last year with snow on ground . The bottom 4’ of my greenhouse is insulated with metal siding . I have 16” planter boxes on east & west sides , insulated north gable end and the sunny south end is solid windows . The lower insulation & planters prevent the ground inside from freezing until deep winter .

See em in there all warm n cozy ? I will lift the east tarp up and uncover the sunny south end then the lights start going off in 15 min intervals until evening when sun gets blocked by some trees . Lights will kick on till sunset . Then repeat , repeat , repeat . And they told me I couldn’t grow anything but schwag in this climate

image.jpg

See em in there all warm n cozy ? I will lift the east tarp up and uncover the sunny south end then the lights start going off in 15 min intervals until evening when sun gets blocked by some trees . Lights will kick on till sunset . Then repeat , repeat , repeat . And they told me I couldn’t grow anything but schwag in this climate

image.jpg
Did realize that was a greenhouse, fantastic. :yahoo:
I built one in the spring so it's my first summer in one.
Got a few hot days but not many.
I've a @MedicGrow 1000w in there.
Really helps on cloudy days.
Interesting choice for a roof cover.
Do you get much snow in the winter where you are?
I'm debating about my roof.
We get lots of snow .
Looks good Amigo, I'm sure I'll be back to check in.
Post a pic in my Heavens Shores thread.
I'd love to have you drop one or two by.
Take care.

Stay safe

I get clones from a master grower in the spring . He always has unobtainable select top shelf genetics . Anyway he’s been away working out of town and his co2 burner went fubar and was continuously pumping causing some yellowing of the clones . From hydro ( coco ) to loamy soil the Kush Mintz & Sasquatch exploded however the Blackberry Kush & Wedding cake didn’t show any vigorous growth for the first months . Patience and consistency paid off . They were standing still digging in deep rooting because the last 4 weeks before flowering ( greenhouse ) those 2 almost caught up with the KM & S so the Co2 burn is what he called it but I dunno ? I think his kid was possibly messing with nute because it resembled mag defiance & nitrogen burn , they coaxed back to health .
Every year I get at least one weirdo plant . Either a mother that’s all hacked up giving clones or some poor wilted scrub in the corner ! I like experimenting and educating myself . So far I have 100% success rate in Mary Jane husbandry 👍🏻
That's really interesting. I've never heard of anyone running Co2 on clones.

We get lots of snow .
Take care.

Stay safe
We get lots of snow .
Take care.

Stay safe
It’s super Smokey and raining like crazy now . My greenery is actually smoke free good air . And the sun is shining in here

image.jpg

image.jpg

We get lots of snow .
Take care.

Stay safe
That's really interesting. I've never heard of anyone running Co2 on clones.
These are humongous clones , they are plants by the time I pick them up

Back
Top Bottom