Hey all! New to here and somewhat of a noob

They will be fine! I was always afraid to even cut fan leaves off at one point. They will like it. You're giving them a present, they will thank you later
From your mouth to to the Cannabis God’s ear!

Has anyone tried these Plant Benders?
I recently purchased some of these, and if done properly work very effectively for LST.

If you use these; I would not recommend using them pass veg., If not and you use them from veg to flower you may not be able to remove them until harvest.

Just a thought.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

edit: this threads content is good stuff for you to start a grow journal.

So I just spent the last few hours reading through my first grow log on the old message board I was on. I took screenshots throughout that and highlighted what to do, how, and when. Tomorrow I’ll turn that into a comprehensive checklist for myself so I can use that as a guide.

Re-reading through all of that really helped me to remember quite a bit, so maybe this run I’ll have a smoother start. Was also nice to see the pics of how my plants developed and let me get a pic in my mind of what I want to do differently this time (mainly in regards to LST and pruning throughout the cycle).

Also considering going with just the Botanicare nutes, Hydroguard, and +Life at the very start since when I switched to those last time (from the GH nutes) things got markedly better for my girls who had a really slow and rough start. Only thing I’m not sure about is the Hydroguard says to use it within 6 months of opening it and its been 3 years. Wonder if there’s a way to determine if that is still any good? I would assume that the nutes should still all be good to go.

AND I know that once this grow is done I’ll be going directly into a 3rd grow!

Just to start getting back in the groove, last night I distilled 1 gallon of water; verified that EC and PPM are at 0, PH was 6.8.

Today I added 7ml of CNS17 Grow which gave me:
  • EC: .7
  • PPM: 320
  • PH: 5.5
Added 2ml of Cal/mag which gave me a total of:
  • EC: .9
  • PPM: 430
  • PH: 5.4
Added 3ml Hydroguard and 1/16 tsp+life and everything stayed the same; this is seedling strength for my nutes according to Botanicare. I will check everything in 24 hours to verify all stayed the same (last go-round I had terrible PH swings, never determined if it was because of air stones or the hydroton, but eventually it stopped swinging so bad). Will adjust PH if necessary back down to 5.5

If all stays good, I will dilute that down 50% and use that strength to soak my rapid rooters in and for watering my seeds once they have popped, been moved to the rapid rooters, and transferred to the mini greenhouse I have under the lights in the tent (24” up from the greenhouse and maybe 50% veg and 0% bloom lighting).

Once they are up from the rooters, I’ll pull the humidity dome off and turn on the little mini fans in the tent for air circulation and to start strengthening the stems.

This will all go in my grow journal which I REALLY REALLY hope to start next week!

Let me know if ya’ll think anything is off, not right, or should be adjusted!

Just to start getting back in the groove, last night I distilled 1 gallon of water; verified that EC and PPM are at 0, PH was 6.8.

Today I added 7ml of CNS17 Grow which gave me:
  • EC: .7
  • PPM: 320
  • PH: 5.5
Added 2ml of Cal/mag which gave me a total of:
  • EC: .9
  • PPM: 430
  • PH: 5.4
Added 3ml Hydroguard and 1/16 tsp+life and everything stayed the same; this is seedling strength for my nutes according to Botanicare. I will check everything in 24 hours to verify all stayed the same (last go-round I had terrible PH swings, never determined if it was because of air stones or the hydroton, but eventually it stopped swinging so bad). Will adjust PH if necessary back down to 5.5

If all stays good, I will dilute that down 50% and use that strength to soak my rapid rooters in and for watering my seeds once they have popped, been moved to the rapid rooters, and transferred to the mini greenhouse I have under the lights in the tent (24” up from the greenhouse and maybe 50% veg and 0% bloom lighting).

Once they are up from the rooters, I’ll pull the humidity dome off and turn on the little mini fans in the tent for air circulation and to start strengthening the stems.

This will all go in my grow journal which I REALLY REALLY hope to start next week!

Let me know if ya’ll think anything is off, not right, or should be adjusted!

Hi Cjsbabygirl, looks like a good mix, just a word of caution.
When mixing up your nutrients, always go with this order

Silica (if being used/added)
Cal mag
Nutrient base A
Nutrient base B (if a two part)
Any fortifiers (pk boosters, humic
/fluvic acids, etc)
PH adjust
Then add beneficial bacteria (I.e. hydroguard or Orca, etc.)

I think I got all that right:lot-o-toke:, if not someone here will point it out, but for sure your cal mag needs to go before the Grow

Hi Cjsbabygirl, looks like a good mix, just a word of caution.
When mixing up your nutrients, always go with this order

Silica (if being used/added)
Cal mag
Nutrient base A
Nutrient base B (if a two part)
Any fortifiers (pk boosters, humic
/fluvic acids, etc)
PH adjust
Then add beneficial bacteria (I.e. hydroguard or Orca, etc.)

I think I got all that right:lot-o-toke:, if not someone here will point it out, but for sure your cal mag needs to go before the Grow
Thanks @Rexer ! I thought I may have had the order mixed up some; s’all good though - got another gallon of water distilling already *lol*

Edit: I’m pretty sure that the CNS17 is SUPPOSED to end up at 50ppm/ml - but what I got was short of that though not sure if its enough to quibble over?

Everything above looks good to me! I don’t think air stones or hydroton ‘should’ have had anything to do with pH movement (at least off hand), so you should be good there. If you haven’t seen it yet there is a general guide out there for the three big movers….

1634928922458.jpeg

Everything above looks good to me! I don’t think air stones or hydroton ‘should’ have had anything to do with pH movement (at least off hand), so you should be good there. If you haven’t seen it yet there is a general guide out there for the three big movers….

1634928922458.jpeg
Thank you @sneekymofo !

Thanks @Rexer ! I thought I may have had the order mixed up some; s’all good though - got another gallon of water distilling already *lol*

Edit: I’m pretty sure that the CNS17 is SUPPOSED to end up at 50ppm/ml - but what I got was short of that though not sure if its enough to quibble over?
I'll be honest Cjsbabygirl, the PPM looks fine to me, and might have been off a bit from the mixing.

PH stands for "potential hydrogen" or "power of hydrogen". When water becomes aerated, the carbon dioxide reacts and influences the PH.

That's a very shortened version (somewhat inaccurate), but paints the picture.

As water passes over hydroton, it becomes aerated as well (Dr.Fish can run his system no airstones, if I left mine on, I could too).
Edit- I should mention it takes a air amount of hydroton to totally aerate a solution

Hi everyone! So I’m getting ready to start my second-ever grow. My first grow (3 years ago) was Mephisto Genetics’ autofem Hubbabubbasmelloscope in DWC - managed to get 2.75 oz dries out of two plants. One plant started strong and ended weak, the second had a rough start and ended up taking over my tent. I know its not the monster yield others have had, but for a first grow and one in DWC, I feel that I did pretty good!

Getting ready to start my 2nd grow using Mephisto Genetics’ autofem Double Grape (stored all my extra seeds in the fridge from before so I’m hoping they’ll germinate). But before I start again, I need to set my grow tent back up and re-familiarize myself with everything!

Here’s my gear:
  • Tent: Vivosun 36”x20”x62” mylar tent
  • Light: MaxBloom CREE 400w X4 COB 12-band full spectrum with UV & IR
  • Exhaust: Vivosun 203 CFM 4" Inline Duct Fan with 4" carbon filter
  • Intake: Passive
  • Vivosun 950 GPH air-pump running
    • DWC bucket with (2) 4” air-stones and hydroton
    • GH Water Farm with (1) 4” air-stone and hydroton
  • GH flora trio and Mr. Mucha Stache cal/mag (1/4 of the seedling strength since I’m using distilled water)
  • Warm steam vaporizer to add humidity
  • (2) 6” fans for additional air circulation (not in use yet)
Last go-round I was using distilled water that I distilled myself because we have well water that is REALLY hard. Since then we have put a whole-home 3-stage filtration system in, so once I get a new Blue Labs pen (pretty sure my old one is no good) I’ll check the EC/PPM before I decide which route to go.

I’ll be happy for anyone who would be willing to hold my hand as I get started again!
Hello and welcome. You seem to have everything that's required for another successful grow, good luck with it and please post some pics whenever they're available.

Hello and welcome. You seem to have everything that's required for another successful grow, good luck with it and please post some pics whenever they're available.
Thanks @Christos1974 ! Just put together the start of my journal (link in signature); feel free to follow along!

Hi everyone! So I’m getting ready to start my second-ever grow. My first grow (3 years ago) was Mephisto Genetics’ autofem Hubbabubbasmelloscope in DWC - managed to get 2.75 oz dries out of two plants. One plant started strong and ended weak, the second had a rough start and ended up taking over my tent. I know its not the monster yield others have had, but for a first grow and one in DWC, I feel that I did pretty good!

Getting ready to start my 2nd grow using Mephisto Genetics’ autofem Double Grape (stored all my extra seeds in the fridge from before so I’m hoping they’ll germinate). But before I start again, I need to set my grow tent back up and re-familiarize myself with everything!

Here’s my gear:
  • Tent: Vivosun 36”x20”x62” mylar tent
  • Light: MaxBloom CREE 400w X4 COB 12-band full spectrum with UV & IR
  • Exhaust: Vivosun 203 CFM 4" Inline Duct Fan with 4" carbon filter
  • Intake: Passive
  • Vivosun 950 GPH air-pump running
    • DWC bucket with (2) 4” air-stones and hydroton
    • GH Water Farm with (1) 4” air-stone and hydroton
  • GH flora trio and Mr. Mucha Stache cal/mag (1/4 of the seedling strength since I’m using distilled water)
  • Warm steam vaporizer to add humidity
  • (2) 6” fans for additional air circulation (not in use yet)
Last go-round I was using distilled water that I distilled myself because we have well water that is REALLY hard. Since then we have put a whole-home 3-stage filtration system in, so once I get a new Blue Labs pen (pretty sure my old one is no good) I’ll check the EC/PPM before I decide which route to go.

I’ll be happy for anyone who would be willing to hold my hand as I get started again!
A curiosity... Why Double Grape? What is it about Mephisto Genetics’ autofem Double Grape that gets you excited?

A curiosity... Why Double Grape? What is it about Mephisto Genetics’ autofem Double Grape that gets you excited?
Well, for starters its one I happen to have the most seeds of (also have some Bubbly Livers and some Sour Livers) but also because I like seet fruity things and this sounds right up my alley :)

I was really happy with the Hubbabubbasmelloscope from them I gree a few years back so this just seemed like the next logical step in my madnplan *lol*

Back
Top Bottom