Hey all! New to here and somewhat of a noob

@charliewaffles - I make home-made hand-decorated sugar cookies like this (and yup, these ones I made!)
6942036B-02D0-4A18-9B9B-2E88045341AC.jpeg
We can be friends now. Not to mention you are a fellow grower! I also love cooking and baking and obviously, the grow life! Happy to have you on board, you are in the best community! Good luck, your set up sounds great!

We can be friends now. Not to mention you are a fellow grower! I also love cooking and baking and obviously, the grow life! Happy to have you on board, you are in the best community! Good luck, your set up sounds great!
Thanks for the warm welcome @Krissi1982 ! Yup, cooking and baking are also passions of mine . Looking forward to my new grow!

@charliewaffles - I make home-made hand-decorated sugar cookies like this (and yup, these ones I made!)
6942036B-02D0-4A18-9B9B-2E88045341AC.jpeg

:thedoubletake:Awesome! Are those edibles? Believe it or not, this old Army Ranger loves to cook and bake also, not as good as my wife, but I do add a special ingredient :lot-o-toke:

Hey @MochaBud ! My cookies dont have any canna in them, but yes, they are 100% edible *lol* . The pumpkins are done with colored icing, the acorns are done with colored icing and gold sanding sugar, and the maple and oak leaves were done with a plain white icing which I then airbrushed with edible coloring and used an edible marker to draw on the veins for the leaves . I do cookies for birthdays, graduations, weddings, holidays - you name it!

My cookie business is a side gig in addition to my regular day job.

:thedoubletake:Awesome! Are those edibles? Believe it or not, this old Army Ranger loves to cook and bake also, not as good as my wife, but I do add a special ingredient :lot-o-toke:

That pie and those egg rolls look to die for!!

Hey @MochaBud ! My cookies dont have any canna in them, but yes, they are 100% edible *lol* . The pumpkins are done with colored icing, the acorns are done with colored icing and gold sanding sugar, and the maple and oak leaves were done with a plain white icing which I then airbrushed with edible coloring and used an edible marker to draw on the veins for the leaves . I do cookies for birthdays, graduations, weddings, holidays - you name it!

My cookie business is a side gig in addition to my regular day job.
Well regardless :adore: they look awesome :high-five: and I bet they taste as good as they look too :love:
That pie and those egg rolls look to die for!!
Thank you, I can't take credit :hmmmm: I'm just the helper on those, but I'm in charge of the deep fryer when we do egg rolls :rofl:

OK OK we can be friends now too!!!!! Pull my arm why don't ya!

Well regardless :adore: they look awesome :high-five: and I bet they taste as good as they look too :love:

Thank you, I can't take credit :hmmmm: I'm just the helper on those, but I'm in charge of the deep fryer when we do egg rolls :rofl:
Why thank you - So far folk do say they both look and taste good (usually folks only expect one or the other, and are pleasantly surprised to find both in mine)

As for manning that fryer - better you than me mate! I always burn myself or the contents when deep frying!

Here are some others I’ve done

DE876E32-E799-43F5-99DD-F17178746C05.jpeg

Ok - tent and all components cleaned … verified all is working (gonna get new 4” filter - we cant find the other one I had). Heat mat and little greenhouse coming Tuesday so thats when I’ll pop the seeds, then drop them in the rapid rooters into the greenhouse. I’ll babysit those in the greenhouse until they get their first set of true leaves and move the rapid rooters to the hydroton. Hubby helped me get the top drip-lines squared away so the rapid rooters don't dry out until the roots hit the water (didnt do that last time and had MAJOR problems at the start).

I got the buckets filled so that I could check the PPM and start watching to see if the ph drifts on me. The whole home water filter is doing what it should; before that was installed, the well water was reading 750ppm straight from the sink, now its at a high of only 200ppm.

Currently the water level is JUST inside the bottom of the net pot - at what point do I drop the water level (when the roots are just coming through the net pot?) and how much (roots IN the water or airspace between roots and water?). This particular question is where I need help.

Oh, and light is 20” from top of buckets at 50% veg and 10% bloom - will adjust both up slowly each week to watch out for any light-related problems.

BC82513C-1435-440F-9ECD-D18E1E522946.jpeg

Ok - tent and all components cleaned … verified all is working (gonna get new 4” filter - we cant find the other one I had). Heat mat and little greenhouse coming Tuesday so thats when I’ll pop the seeds, then drop them in the rapid rooters into the greenhouse. I’ll babysit those in the greenhouse until they get their first set of true leaves and move the rapid rooters to the hydroton. Hubby helped me get the top drip-lines squared away so the rapid rooters don't dry out until the roots hit the water (didnt do that last time and had MAJOR problems at the start).

I got the buckets filled so that I could check the PPM and start watching to see if the ph drifts on me. The whole home water filter is doing what it should; before that was installed, the well water was reading 750ppm straight from the sink, now its at a high of only 200ppm.

Currently the water level is JUST inside the bottom of the net pot - at what point do I drop the water level (when the roots are just coming through the net pot?) and how much (roots IN the water or airspace between roots and water?). This particular question is where I need help.

Oh, and light is 20” from top of buckets at 50% veg and 10% bloom - will adjust both up slowly each week to watch out for any light-related problems.

BC82513C-1435-440F-9ECD-D18E1E522946.jpeg
Congratulations! Looks great! The journey has begun!

FUDGENUGGETS!

My airpump just burned up after being on for only a few hours!!!

don't sweat it. there isn't a system out there that won't need an upgrade or diy improvement.
get an overkill pump. you want the buckets literally boiling. pre-bought kits always send weak sauce for pumps.

we need to get your light sorted before you get rolling too steep as well. that burple is a retina burning disaster.

everyone starts somewhere. we'll help you get there. you should really start a journal when you can.

don't sweat it. there isn't a system out there that won't need an upgrade or diy improvement.
get an overkill pump. you want the buckets literally boiling. pre-bought kits always send weak sauce for pumps.

we need to get your light sorted before you get rolling too steep as well. that burple is a retina burning disaster.

everyone starts somewhere. we'll help you get there. you should really start a journal when you can.
Yup - had to order a new pump; that Vivosun totally burned up (and that one was like 975 GPH!). The light will have to do for now - just dont have the money to shell out for a new one (those things have gotten so sleek and sexy since I last grew!). Maybe in the new year I can afford a few hundred bucks for a better light *keeping fingers crossed*

And yup - working on the joirnal; got everything set in a note so I can copy the info over when I start the grow. Not much point til I at least pop the seeds

Has anyone tried these Plant Benders? Looks better to me than trying to use cords, weights, hooks, etc!

Never tried em but they look cool! Same premise I'm sure they work great. How wide are they? Are they meant for larger stalks?

Never tried em but they look cool! Same premise I'm sure they work great. How wide are they? Are they meant for larger stalks?
They come in two sizes: smaller and larger; and only since I placed my order on Sunday, they now have one that’s ADJUSTABLE so you can bend them at any angle, not just 90 degrees (don't know what size those ones are though).

I got them hoping that I’ll be able to do the bending portion without hurting anything!

They come in two sizes: smaller and larger; and only since I placed my order on Sunday, they now have one that’s ADJUSTABLE so you can bend them at any angle, not just 90 degrees (don't know what size those ones are though).

I got them hoping that I’ll be able to do the bending portion without hurting anything!
They will be fine! I was always afraid to even cut fan leaves off at one point. They will like it. You're giving them a present, they will thank you later

Back
Top Bottom