Hey can anyone help tell me why she is doing this? She was fine when i checked her yesterday: Could it be a mag deff?

Oneofthree

20181128_092439.jpg

Attachments

• 20181128_092433.jpg
    20181128_092433.jpg
    697 KB · Views: 35
Its the promix pete perlite medium. She gets watered every 3-4days when the pots are feeling light and she gets nutes every second watering. Im using the Biobuzz nutes only thr veg ones atm. Havnt given any cal mag as i dont have any yet.

Now, that looks like an iron deficiency. See how the yellowing between the leaves is effecting the newer/inner growth as opposed to the lower/older leaves? That's the indication it's iron vs. magnesium. Usually, an iron deficiency is caused by improper PH. Most soil has plenty of iron and correcting PH will take care of the issues. You can also see iron issues in hydro using R/O water and not adding Cal-Mag, but you'd usually also see Calcium and Magnesium issues with it.

If the soil is older/used soil, I'd do a flush with clean, PH'd water to remove the build-up of any salts that may be preventing the uptake of iron and make sure the PH is kept in check and they should be fine.

If you have not added a Lilly Miller B-1 Plant starter with Cal/Mag then you should. It has a lot of chelated nutrients plants need. It doesn't look like when I had a Cal/mag problem. They usually affect the middle of the leaves in the middle of the plant first. Your problems seems to be in at the top of the plant.

If you are feeding every second watering for a plant that size. It might be getting to much of something. Might be to much phosphorus. (That is only a guess)

Hey all.
Been 4 days since i flushed and the girls dont seem to be responding.
Should i wate another couple of days and try to flish again befor i try cal mag and nute's?

Please note that all of the deficiency signs are occurring in the new growth. The burnt leaf tips indicate a bit of over fertilization, but it looks like it has been mostly tolerated at each level as it occurred. The damage up top though clearly points to this being a non-mobile nutrient, and since magnesium is semi mobile, this is not the answer. Most non-mobile deficiencies are pH caused, usually locking out the lower end of the range. I suspect an Iron pH block that is causing calcium not to be able to be processed. It is my opinion that if you adjust the pH to the low end of the scale appropriate to the media and change nothing else, this problem will go away.

Hey all.
Been 4 days since i flushed and the girls dont seem to be responding.
Should i wate another couple of days and try to flish again befor i try cal mag and nute's?

How are things with your girls now? What did they do for the treatment? The main thing is to do everything measuredly, so as not to make it even worse. And do not add everything, evaluate the options proposed here.

Back
Top Bottom