Hey to all ! I'm from Upstate NY

oldhippybiker

Hi folks, I'm back growing again set-up for SOG for the first time. I have a small crop of mostly Diesel and another unknown. I'm finishing off two big girls in the finish garden, and have taken clones from the nice unknown bush (some sort of Satava/indica) and have a bunch maybe a dozen of the NY Diesel that I've cloned from a cutting a friend gave me that I grew into a mother. This will be my first try at SOG tech niche and I'm excited. My finish garden (closet) has not much space and is supplied with a 400w MH and a 150w HPS. I have an exhaust fan in the ceiling, cut a 10x4" vent in floor that feeds cool air from the cellar.Also a medium size fan to move air. It has been hot as hell here lately so my temps are higher than I want but I'm refining the system to achieve a 75 degree baseline. Lately it's been running 85 when lights are on and 75 when not.

Now I was a hippy in the 60's and have been appreciating good weed for a long time and actually grew for a living for a few years. At one point I was living in a huue (not sure on the spelling but it's a group of people who live in the jungle along side their growing crop and they live there until it's time to harvest). I was the only holle (white dude (literal translates to 'bringer of death and diesese') in the group and they were all very protective and very armed so I didn't learn like I wanted. We were farming on the side of Mauna Loa on the Big Island in Hawai.
Brought some seed back, grew 14' tall and almost everyone turned hermie.

Well I'm hoping you guys can help me get back up to speed and really appreciate any help.
Thanks,
Jeff
PS I type like I have much more THC in my blood than I probably do.

Welcome to 420, oldhippybiker, :welcome:such a peaceful and informative site..

You've found a very helpful site, well versed in knowledge about growing, legalization, medical uses, and even info on cooking with herb! Indoor, Outdoor, Soil, or Hydro (I'm a bubbles grower) CFLs, or HID lights, it is ALL here!

And the most helpful MODs you've ever met! Just ask one or any member here for guidance! Look for Soniq420, or The Butcher, Green007, or Mostly Crazy, they are very knowledgable. OldMedicineMan has a great thread of information too! He's an old cool hippy about 68 or 69 years old. CocoJoe is another cool dude to check out. He's super helpful. :thumb:

The home Page is divided into Forums with Topic Titles. Those Forums are divided into THREADS, and those THREADS are divided into POSTS. You started a THREAD in the Forum INTRODUCE YOURSELF and the replies are additonal POSTS in your THREAD.
I wish someone had explained that to me my first day.

Peace

I was a hippy too, still am, really. Been smoking 41 years!
I hope to see you around the forums.
:peacetwo:

Thanks much for the welcome!

Thanks1

Hi oldhippybiker, I guess I'm one too!
:welcome: to the 420Magazine forums.
:thanks: you brother for joining us.
You fit well here. Lotsa old hippies here. :hookah:

I'll see you around the forums.
:peace:

Thank you my Bud.I hope to fit in here to learn some new or old tricks. I will put up pictures soon of my little project.

High from northern California and welcome to the 420 community!

Enjoy! :peacetwo:

Hey Dain & Happy,
Thanks for the welcome. I am watching "City by the Sea" an old movie with DeNiro. It's all about Long Beach NY! Yes Outdoor grows are very popular here. That' wild that I'd be watchin that movie when I read your post from there. Enjoying some Diesel and watching old movies when I should be out there in the heat mowing the grass. It will stll be there later. Enjoy your Day!

Tioga County - just south of the Finger Lakes

Back
Top Bottom