HigherDrifter's Water Cure

It hasn't been quite 7 hours since I filled the boxes with water.

Something's happening.

I stuck my hand in the water, pulled it out, and smelled my hand. The water's got a very fragrant Cannabis smell to it.

Great pics and thanks for explaining what you did. Also, Your observation on the smell in the water leads me to believe that it is damaging or diluting the flavinoids. But like you said...We'll see....

Would you be able to make a control bucket for this? Just dut a 1/2 - 3/4 in hold in two containers and have a hose/pvc connecting them and keep your control bucket full and the weed bucket closed. The weed bucket will also have an extra hold for a drain plug on the bottom. You can remove the drain plug and exchange the water without opening the lid on the weed bucket until you are ready. Just a thought, what do you think?

Great pics and thanks for explaining what you did. Also, Your observation on the smell in the water leads me to believe that it is damaging or diluting the flavinoids.

But like you said...We'll see....

Not an issue with me...these flavinoids (pigments) you write of. I'm not really that concerned with how the bud looks afterwards.

On the other hand, with what I've read and have seen thus far (w/all the pics I've seed of it) - I think they'll look like some wild and wicked looking, frosted and glazy looking clump of milk chocolate.

Yes, indeed, we will see...I'm looking foward to it.

Would you be able to make a control bucket for this? Just dut a 1/2 - 3/4 in hold in two containers and have a hose/pvc connecting them and keep your control bucket full and the weed bucket closed. The weed bucket will also have an extra hold for a drain plug on the bottom. You can remove the drain plug and exchange the water without opening the lid on the weed bucket until you are ready. Just a thought, what do you think?

The way I have everything set up now works great enough for me.

I've got a drain-hole cut (w/ a tar plug) for slow and easy drainage.

Fill-up is simple and straighforward: I fill up one container, quickly and easily move the filter set-up over to the other box and re-situate the garden hose. Biff Boom Bah. Too fucking simple and I like simple. No need for any more "upgrades" at the moment.

This is only a "once a year" thing for me. Once I'm done with the water curing the tote boxes are going back on the shelves and all of the stuff I had stored IN them are being put back. The whole water filter itself will probably get thrown away. No need for me to save it till next year - I'll make a whole new filter, still got left-over materials to do just that, all I need is another empty 2 litre soft-drink bottle.

Kinda off the topic - but the same thing goes with my Drying Room. When the dry is done, all the panels are gonna be taken down, stacked up on top of the shelves, and out of the way.

I'm out there, outside, standin next to the cure boxes...

A sweet, fragrant, herbal, even fruity smell fills the air...

***SNIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFFF****

Ah...

:)

One of the boxes had a small leak in it; didn't have the tar-plug sitcheeated right. Enough water leaked out overnight that handful of buds got exposed to the air - no biggie. Stuck my hand in the water, down to the bottom, fiddle-fucked with the tar-plug to totally seal the hole, set up the water filter, ran the hose for a few minutes. Everything's A OKAY. Nuttin to worry about.

The water is turning green, more in the box that didn't leak.

I take a sample later and make a pic of it.

Hmmm...:hmmmm:

Was inspecting the water...

On the top layer of buds I spotted a handful of dead worms lightly tangled in the buds and leaves.

They were small.

Probably already dead from the BT spraying.

Tried plucking one out of the water. Damn thing sunk like a lead weight.

Probably gonna find a number of dead worms, and what not, at the bottom of the box.

Spotted a couple of dead and floating insects. Some kinda fly, or maybe a moth. I dunno.

One reason I think I'll really benefit with this water cure, that's for sure, no doubt, check it out, eat a Taco, eat a Trout.

Ha Ha.

Did some soft "rapping" on the sides of the boxes. Just enough for some gentle waves and agitation.

Ooooh.

"That's a NO NO!"​

:)

HA HAA​

Here's the phrase I was looking for, but couldn't not think about as I wrote my last post:

"Gentle, Wavey, Hydro-Sonic" action to help loosen things up a bit.

There's something about this whole water cure thing that's so alluring to me.

So far the whole experience has been really pleasant and satisfying, despite the few anomalous and tiny mishaps.

I feel like a child.

:trance:

More to come....

Just about finished the first drain/refill. One's already totally re-filled, and the other's almost done.

Here's a pic of the cure water.

Got a green hue to it.

It was kinda frothy/foamy - like a beer poured too fast.

Took such a large sample to see if any dead bugs and junk came out.

CureWaterSample_1.jpg

Don't see any junk in the jar, but....

There are few notable pieces of junk at the bottom of the cure box, that didn't quite make it out through the drain-hole:

BottomJunk_1.jpg
BottomJunk_2.jpg

See a number of dead budworms; and that green looking insect...dunno, looks too big to be an aphid, but, who knows.

More to come...

Great thread, having fun watching you water cure :D

:laughtwo:

Glad someone else other than me is having a good time with all this. ;)

Tell you what...

With what I've experienced so far with this water cure experiment - even if the cure ended up with unfavorable results I'm not going to be all that disappointed. I don't think the results will be that unfavorable anyways. On the contrary, I think I'ma gonna come out with some really good smoke, not to mention good effects.

:thumb:

I'm actually in a bit of convalescance right now. I've been lying down quite a bit the last 2~3 days.

Last 2 weeks have been kinda "labor intensive" for me.

My lower back is getting unstable again.

Gotta take things a bit easier.

If I'm not careful I could wind up laid up, and that would really suck big-time.

Glad I got mostly easy stuff left to do - draining and refilling those cure boxes is easy enough.

Drifter I'm on board ...can't wait to see you proven em wrong....I think that everyone on this site should be watching this one.....I think most of us are in the dark about water curing....I'm dying to see how this one pans out my man...best of luck...:riskybusiness:

Almost finished with the second drain/refill.

Same green hued water, plus, maybe a little on the murky side this time compared to yesterday's

Only thing really different - I noticed some suds forming on the surface of the water during the fill-up, same texture as the suds during the drain. Dunno if that's of any significance.

Sudsy_1.jpg
Sudsy_2.jpg
Sudsy_3.jpg

Damn it.

Didn't do an adequate job of sealing up the drain-hole on one of the cure boxes - woke up this morning to find one totally emptied of water.

Oh well.

Gonna keep on the same "schedule" though.

Did notice that the water in the other cure box got a bit murky and green overnight...

with emphasis on the "murky"....cloudy, I reckon.

Back
Top Bottom