HigherDrifter's Water Cure

Kinda thinkin....:hmmmm:

Maybe I should kinda like make the other cure box "spring a leak" so that it will also slowly drain out overnight.

Keep everthing in some kinda sync :loopy:

I dunno :laughtwo:

;)

Hey driftah......what does that water have to stay at for temps?....needs to stay freakin cold right? ..... :ciao:

Hey driftah......what does that water have to stay at for temps?....needs to stay freakin cold right? ..... :ciao:

I reckon ya need to keep it cool. Read a few places that 50~60 degrees F. is ideal.

Right now the water's in the mid 50's.

Mine's probably hovering in the low to mid 60's during the day. I think I'm doin alright. No need to add ice yet.

I reckon if the water temp started gettin into the 70's I might consider adding some ice to the water.

We got some warm weather coming up. I may need to add some ice - very careful like. Don't wanna freeze them. I reckon I don't want any of the ice to come in contact with the buds and damage the trichs.

To bad about the water draining out...don't know what effect the air had on wet product...water should be room temperature,,heat decreases potency...adding ice will possibly make chomes brittle...do research...

Not too big a deal. The leak just resulted in a slow drain overnight. It was pretty cold last night - in the mid 40's. I doubt there was any detrimental effects on the buds.

The water temp, throughout the night, was probably in the lower to mid 50's. During the day it hovers in the lower to mid 60's.

If I decide to use ice (I would do it in such a way that the ice wouldn't come in contact with the buds [and henceforth damage the trichs] - maybe wrap and tie the ice in a towel, and then tie it down somehow in the water) it would only be enough to lower the temperature of the water if it exceeds into the 70's (which I don't think will happen - forcast calls for cool [hi] temps for the duration of the entire water cure process).

Just wrapping up the 3rd complete day of water cure.

Got a late start on this drain/refill bit. Busy doing other shit, plus, my lower back, hip, and tailbone area giving me some problems right now.

Water was green and murky. Had some suds floatin around on the surface.

During the refill, water still had that "sudsy" appeal to it.

All the plant material appears to be shrinking a bit, loosing mass - I reckon all that water soluable material being leached out and drained away with the water is contributing to that.

The water itself is still fragrant, but the buds are kinda loosing their scent.

This is a "wait and see" kinda thing.

Typically, most water cures last anywhere from 3 to 7 days. It appears to have something to do with how clear the cure water is after so many days of soaking the buds. For example, one person stopped the water cure after the 3rd complete day because the water was pretty much clear whilst someone else went an entire week (7 complete days) before the water was clear.

More to come...

Here's a pic....

Wanted to test a bud out.

Plucked it out of the water yesterday...late morning or early afternoon sometime...?

WaterCuredBud_1234.jpg

This nugget is still quite moist and not quite smokable.

Maybe tomorrow...

More to come........

Shit.

I texted the pic wrong.

Should read:

"Approx. 2.5 ~ 2.75 days of water cure".

Just finished the 4th complete day of water cure.

Got the last cure box filling up with water as I write this.

:idea: Did things a little different this time around for the drain/refill....

Before I drained, I put more water in the cure box and deliberately overfilled them so that the stuff at the surface of the water would run over the side with the water. I am also deliberately overfilling the boxes for the same effect.

Some kinda sudsy lookin stuff, plus, some white, powdery lookin stuff has been on the surface of the water.

That test bud should be ready to smoke tomorrow.

More to come...

Oh...

Forgot to mention:

The cure water's scent is waning.

Cure water's still green and murky...

More...

To...

Come...

HA HAA

Great journal on your water curing, HighDrifter! Plus rep :thumb:

That test nug looks nice and frosty, lots of trichomes on there. Can't wait to hear how it burns.

I'm in the midst of a water cure myself. Second one I've tried. The first try I thought 6 days was enough. Must not have been, cause the smoke was harsh. Did the job though.

I'm 14 days deep into this water cure. The nugs are large, maybe 2/3 of a tennis ball. Water looked clear yesterday but I'm going until tomorrow.

Really anxious to read how this goes for you, as I hope it goes great :goodjob:

Great journal on your water curing, HighDrifter! Plus rep :thumb:

That test nug looks nice and frosty, lots of trichomes on there. Can't wait to hear how it burns.

I'm in the midst of a water cure myself. Second one I've tried. The first try I thought 6 days was enough. Must not have been, cause the smoke was harsh. Did the job though.

I'm 14 days deep into this water cure. The nugs are large, maybe 2/3 of a tennis ball. Water looked clear yesterday but I'm going until tomorrow.

Really anxious to read how this goes for you, as I hope it goes great :goodjob:

14 days?

Wow.

Are you curing freshly harvested buds or dried buds?

Dang.

Hadn't even considered going beyond 7 days.

Reckon now I've got to - in case 7 days isn't enought to get clear water.

Need to give this more thought.

The piles in both cure boxes appear to have compacted (and probably shrunk) to the point where I could put everything into one cure box. That would help quite a bit.

Hmmmm...:hmmmm:

great thread!!! thanks so much for you hard work. We all have lives, and growing/harvesting/and all that goes with it is damn hard long work (for example I figure it takes me and Mrs BK about 6 hour to trim a pound of grass right. meaning it 12 hours or more if one of us did it alone.) Grabbing pics, and stuff can be super draining on top of everything else, can sometimes be a bigger pain than some may realize. Keep up the great work!

So as for the thread. I am only drawn back by fear of losing aesthetics/taste. I don't believe I have mentioned but I am care giver for a middle aged couple with children that can't grow at there house. Saddly they don't know any better but they are all about "bag appeal" I don't give a shit what it looks like, but I am a sucker for taste, and I want the medicinal effects, I have been trying to teach them about this and it seems that this is the best way medicinally. SeemS!?!? we shall see.

Cheers,
BK

I know that I have mentioned at least one "overnight leak" in one of my cure boxes.

Well, prior to waking up this morning, round 5~5:30, I had a second leak (the night before), same slow leak overnight, same cure box.

I figured since the leaks were very slow the buds weren't exposed to the cold night air (low 40's F) for very long till I re-filled them back up, so I don't think very much "degraded" at all. Fact, everything was still sopping wet - I imagine they were exposed to the air for no longer than 2 hours MAX and highly probably it was considerably less....even less than an hour.

That all been written....

Sure yall might be already thinkin this already....

I GOT A FUCKING 3rd LEAK!!!!

:sorry:

Still kinda pissin me off, ya know?

Bad thing is...

This wasn't a slow leak.

It was some kinda blow-out.

Cure box was drained inside of an hour.

I checked that damn plug at least 10 fucking times before I went to sleep last night. Everything looked cool.

Woke up this morning -

Fucking same cure box was fucking empty - all the fucking water drained the fuck out.

:sorry:

Looks like...

Like the tar was just pushed aside enough for a good sized leak.

Wonder if that Raccoon's gotta hand in this. :laughtwo:

Maybe he's already done a water cure himself and he's trying to teach me somethin? :loopy:

3 overnight leaks in a row.

HA

HAAAAA

Bite me.

;)

I don't give a shit what it looks like, but I am a sucker for taste, and I want the medicinal effects, I have been trying to teach them about this and it seems that this is the best way medicinally. SeemS!?!? we shall see.

Cheers,
BK

I don't care much about what it looks like either.

Taste - yeah, okay...I would like to taste something pleasant perhaps, not harsh, but, not all that concerned with it.

Big one for me is NO HACK! Been smoking hacky bud too long. I dint do that bad a job of drying my stuff last year - 2 week dry; in about 2 months the "cure" mellowed things out a bit, though still quite a bit of hack. But that stuff was VERY resinous, lots of heavy smoke for what was in the bowl and I had to clean my pipe frequently cuz of the resin build-up.

So, yeah...

Figure if you can lean your smoke out, but keep the beneficial compounds you want intact, less you have to smoke...would be a benefit medicinally.

Back
Top Bottom