Home Made LED Panels

Hi Yall!

Check this out this so new and got my attention.:cool:
Acled1.jpg

Acled3.jpg

Acled2.jpg

Its very neat an 110vac white led I guess with this no constant current supply needed. 145 lumen each not bad in the red and some far red add some royal blue and some uv. It's getting closer now this maybe is the key to flowering.:bong:

Tell me what you think always looking ahead.:grinjoint:

Pan4

We are talking about making a panel to emit as much usable light as a HID. I'm shooting for 30,000+ lumens. A lot the talk here has been about the components that make the panels. We also have exchanged ideas about mounting, cooling and light spectrum.:Rasta:

Pan4

gday , ive a real interest in leds since it will save alot of money and if we can get the spectrum right it will work fiercely:) after looking chlorofyll graphs all night i have come up with this mix of 3 watt leds i am going to try out since it covers ALL of the wave lengths that is needed .

5 X purple (420-430nm) (used with deep red for peak chlorophyll A production)
5 X royal blue (455nm) (peak chlorophyll B production and also β-Carotene production)
10X blue (460-470nm) (Beta-carotene production and also chlorophyll B production)
20X red (620-630nm) (close enough to 640nm for chlorophyll B production and also perfect for phycocyanin production)
10X deep red (660nm) (peak chlorophyll A production)
5 X yellow (585-595) (used for phycoerythrin production)
5 X Pure white (helps the production of chlorophyll A)

What does everyone think of this ?

gday , ive a real interest in leds since it will save alot of money and if we can get the spectrum right it will work fiercely:) after looking chlorofyll graphs all night i have come up with this mix of 3 watt leds i am going to try out since it covers ALL of the wave lengths that is needed .

5 X purple (420-430nm) (used with deep red for peak chlorophyll A production)
5 X royal blue (455nm) (peak chlorophyll B production and also β-Carotene production)
10X blue (460-470nm) (Beta-carotene production and also chlorophyll B production)
20X red (620-630nm) (close enough to 640nm for chlorophyll B production and also perfect for phycocyanin production)
10X deep red (660nm) (peak chlorophyll A production)
5 X yellow (585-595) (used for phycoerythrin production)
5 X Pure white (helps the production of chlorophyll A)

What does everyone think of this ?

Isn't "pure white" just a combination of all the visible wavelengths? Back in 3rd grade we used prisms to split white light into the separate colors and learned that black was no colors, white was all of them. So is it making up in some fashion for some wavelength that you haven't specifically included?

I have seen a couple of (too expensive) high-wattage LED setups that included some kind of "orange" wavelengths. Can't remember the exact wavelength. When you were doing your research, did you find that that color would help or was the company I looked at just blowing smoke at people in order to sell their 700-watt (actual) LEDs?

hey hows it going mate, the yellow wave length is around 585-595 wich is used in photosynth for phycoerythrin . and the white leds actualy do have a kelvin rating:) ive found info that claims warm whites to be around 3000K and the pure white to be around 5000k... the purple 420-430 range is very important as is the 455 royal blue and the 660 deep red , i have sourced 660nm deep reds at 5 watts for around $11 USD each all the other leds are 3 watt so i wont need as many 660s :D prices are dropping :D pity the 420-430 purples are still around $15 USD and the royal blue 455's well they are around $7 USD all the other spectrums needed such as 620-630 red, 460-470 blue, 585-595 yellow and the whites (pure or warm) cost bugger realy 10 for around 30 Aussie give or take a few bux

Your mix and price sound very good indeed. I have found out in my grow that UV light is needed. These are the reason's behind this first it helps hinder the growth and development of mold, mildew, and the plant's reaction is more of a defensive one with an increase in resin production. You might what to add some to your array. I wish that the money to to buy more led's I have found some 5w warm whites and 70w watter I'd love to try. Even a 110vac white.

Pan4

what can i use as the source of UV that it needs can i get 3 watt leds or do i have to get small 12 volt fluros of uv .. the uv that make white clothes glow? if so i can get two 12 volt uv 30cm tubes for around 25$ Aus...and does it need it during veg and flower or just the last week of flower?

Throwed you don't need very much UV I used 20 5mm 20milliamp for my panel. In my light setup Uv is used for the whole growing peroid. Its only about 1% of the total spectrum but it's needed. I will soon be building an aero setup for a single plant and start testing again. I had to learn how to grow first and I think I have done a very good job of that. Have you checked out any of my grows?

Keep it green bro.:peace:

Pan4

ok im going to buy some 5MM UV 20ma leds now and arrange them in series as 12 volt lots and put them around the cabinet in various places . ive done a good few grows before with my hps but ive seen powerbills that would make baby jeezuz cry so its well and truly time to switch to something more economic. also going to be using the typical bubbler feed system because sometimes i just get to damn high and forget to water :ganjamon: the biggest problem here is that we cant get any decent strains, the last few i have done were from bag seeds.. wich luckily turned out bitchez:p and fine fruit to i might add lol, since im in Aus i need to find someone who will send me real seeds of some real filthy dank from the land of weed via snailmail lol:D

ok im going to buy some 5MM UV 20ma leds now and arrange them in series as 12 volt lots and put them around the cabinet in various places . ive done a good few grows before with my hps but ive seen powerbills that would make baby jeezuz cry so its well and truly time to switch to something more economic. also going to be using the typical bubbler feed system because sometimes i just get to damn high and forget to water :ganjamon: the biggest problem here is that we cant get any decent strains, the last few i have done were from bag seeds.. wich luckily turned out bitchez:p and fine fruit to i might add lol, since im in Aus i need to find someone who will send me real seeds of some real filthy dank from the land of weed via snailmail lol:D
One of the site sponsors Seed Madness has very good selection.:grinjoint:
I would say you got it PAN...LOL....thats an under statement!!!

Thanks happiehippie

Pan4

yer but the problem is none of the seed banks will deal with me because of what country im in (Auz), i need someone with a heart to go find me cheap ass skunk seeds and send them over lol

?Do you ship worldwide?
We only ship where the possession of hemp seeds is legal: we strongly advise you check your countries laws and read our legal disclaimer notice before placing orders. All orders are placed at the purchasers own risk. We are sorry for any inconvenience but we do not ship to Germany.

but yet they have a Australian flag at the top for currency selection. but hangon monkeyplant illegal in every state of australia so ? wtf lol i sent them a email asking if they will bow down :D

well im gona get me some derty purple shizz:ganjamon:
i have already orderd 20 3 watt red and blue leds and wil be ordering more soon. me and my friend have been trying to figure out how to hook all these leds together and have come up with a nice solution, high wattage resistors to limit the power to leds in series :D all of 1 single 13.8 volt Power supply wich wil be staying outside of the room wich means less heat in room. . we are trying to find nice heat sinks to place all the leds upon and so far ive found a few on ebay wich would be very nice but they are very pricey to get sent over from usa they are 12 inches long by 8.5 wide the guy will also cut to your specific length :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom