Homer's Legal 4-Plant Max Perpetual Minimalist Garden In Ontario

Do you us Boveda packs? For long term storage I have the 62% packs in my jars. I also vacuum seal them with a FoodSaver kit that I use with my Mityvac hand held vacuum pump.

Which iPhone do you have? I have an iPhone SE 2020. It’s basically an iPhone 8 with the iPhone 11 processor.

Ha! First world problems ;)
I have tried Boveda packs but I didn't find they were necessary so I stopped using them. I always thought vacuum seal sounds like a good idea but I am too cheap for that. :oops:

I recently got an iPhone 12 Pro Max which has the added 2.5x lense I like but my old iPhone 7 that it replaced still took good pics. I find the secret with either phone is to lock the focus/exposure by holding a finger on the screen for a few seconds and then I can adjust the exposure while the focus stays locked. You can set the focus/exposure by just tapping the screen but if you point the camera at something else it will change so to lock it you hold your finger for a few seconds.

More than first-world problems I would call it first-world retirement problems in my case. :)

More good news in the garden this weekend! :party:

First, my NL seedling broke ground on Friday and today, just nine days after taking my 1:20 cuttings, the first one is showing roots out of its pod. I'm really glad to see that because I promised a friend a couple of these for outdoors and now I know it's a good rooter. I was running at about a 90% success rate with cuttings until I ran into that Chemdawg strain where I took at least 10 cuttings before I got a successful one; every strain certainly has its own idiosyncrasies.

My 1:20 CBD cutting here was looking pretty healthy in the dome but in the few minutes I took it out to take a picture as you can see she is already drooping a bit so I watered her pod which was getting a little dry and I'll let her recover overnight in the dome and start tomorrow taking her out during the day to acclimatize her to the real world. It's nice to have a few wins in the garden because experience tells me it won't last. :oops:

IMG_7531.JPG

:ciao:

do u think dispose of yellow or leave it to suck and see i guess:cool:
I will probably get rid of it soon. I left it on for the pic because for me that is pretty good just losing one leaf while cloning.

I was a little surprised how much my cuttings roots have grown overnight. She is looking a little sprier out of the dome today too after a good watering last night and spending overnight in the dome.

IMG_7541.JPG

Here she is yesterday and today.

IMG_7g541.jpg

Since my second cutting is showing roots today too I trimmed my mother plant because I won't have to take more cuttings for a while. I am trying a new approach with this plant; instead of making the 3rd and fourth node as my secondary branches I am going farther up the plant so I have a much longer main stalk hoping I get a more stable plant this way.

IMG_7532.JPG

IMG_7533.JPG

Clone looks great, Homer. You’re a nice friend to be gifting!!

Nice haircut on the mother plant too, #nolarf!
Thanks, DutchinAB. She is a nice friend who has been kind to me so it is my pleasure to gift her.

#nolarf, lol... Yes indeed, a good haircut now saves trimming down the road. :Namaste:

I haven’t posted lately in this thread because I was expecting my seeds for the big comparison grow to arrive soon so I was going to just concentrate on the new journal I would make with that but since my seeds were seized at the border and I won’t be getting replacements anytime soon I guess I will do a little update.

Here is my Sensi NL growing out of her seedling stage. I’m surprised she isn’t squatter like her sister but she seems nice and healthy. I’m going to make several generations' worth of clones because I find NL is the only nighttime med that gives me a good night’s sleep. After that when I have a good supply of NL am going to revisit some of the P98 seeds I have, being a glutton for punishment.

IMG_7597.JPG

Here is my 1:20 CBD mother plant after a few weeks in the bud room. The first seed I grew of this variety was again squat like an Indica but this one acts like a stretchy Sativa so instead of training it and monkeying around with it I just threw it in the Bloom room early because I go through so little CBD that if I get 4 ounces it will last me a long time. I gave away the cuttings I took from this to my friend to be put outside at the end of June so I am down to just two plants now.

IMG_7603.JPG

I figured I could save some money on electricity by switching my veg lights from 18 hours a day to 16 but my cuttings from this 1:20 CBD started flowering surprisingly so now I am back to 18 hours for veg.

That’s all for now. :ciao:

While I have been waiting to get my seeds for the big comparison grow I have been keeping myself busy learning a design program for my 3-D printer and playing around with it so I thought I would show a couple of things cannabis-related I have printed out.

I like taking pictures of my plants and with the comparison grow I plan on using my MegaLight from NextLight because they are a sponsor which is a happy coincidence because that light gives off a beautiful soft light for photography that is also nicely coloured balance, unlike blurples. Because I will have little plants under such a big light being 37 x 37" I will have to get right under their which means I will have LEDs with a direct line of sight to my camera lense which isn't good because that causes lens flare which is why they often have a bellows at the end of movie cameras.

So I designed and printed one out. It really does seem kinda like magic the way you basically put your thoughts on a screen and then it becomes a thing. Here it is on my camera iPhone.

c.jpg

IMG_0k234.jpg

Here is a better look at what it actually looks like.

IMG_7619.JPG

I like to put my tincture in capsules but it can be kind of a balancing act because I try to hold the little capsule without spilling it as I mix and match different strains from different eye droppers which is a real pain so I made a little stand for my capsule to sit in while I fill it doing my master blender act. It's a little snug on the capsule so I think I'm going to add another .005"to the hole size. Hard to get tolerances right the first time because the stuff shrinks between two and 3% on drying and the nozzle is .4 mm which is about .016" and the layers are half that high. But I'm pretty amazed at the amount of precision you can get out of these little things for $400. Fun lobby so far.

IMG_7621.JPG

My first big project is to make a gadget to squeeze the alcohol out of my bud when I make my tinctures. It was going well until I was into an 11 hour run for a part and then I got a clog. Did a lot of reading and I think I solved the problem? These were little projects to test out the machine before I commit to another 11 hour part. Here are the plans for my bud squisher. I have to come up with a name and I will probably embed the name in the thing.

Screenshot 2021-04-13 224336.jpg

Screenshot 2021-04-13 224743.jpg

Hope all is well. :ciao:

I got an email that my GSC seeds for the big comparison grow have been registered with FedEx so they should be in the mail shortly. Not much to mention in the garden today but I did redo my capsule holder making the hole .005" larger and giving it a design upgrade. The .005 ended up being the right adjustment because now it has a nice sliding fit. Yesterday's design on the left, today's on the right.

IMG_76g24.jpg

Cheers. :ciao:

That thing is sweet!
Thanks, BigD13. I just filled my evening meds with it and it works nicely; close enough tolerance that it holds the bottom of the capsule firmly upright but once the cap is secured it can be pulled out by the cap.

Here is my 1:20 CBD plant that has been in flower for a couple of weeks. For about a week I have had a damp smell in the basement like the humidity is too high or I have some stagnant water somewhere so I have been looking around for the problem and then I remembered I had a strain that smelled weird in the beginning of flowering like stagnant water and yes my 1:20 plant is the culprit. It’s funny because now that it’s a little sticky it smells lemony up close and if the other plant is any indication it shouldn’t stink at a distance for much longer.

Here it is.

IMG_7615.JPG

IMG_7617.JPG

My 1:20 CBD plant is budding nicely. I am trying out a new trimming technique where instead of growing out the third and fourth nodes as my secondary branches I used I believe the eighth and ninth nodes so that I have a much longer single trunk hoping for more stability this way.

IMG_7638.jpg

This way I was able to tie the trunk and my four main branches to one support.

IMG_7643.jpg

IMG_7646.jpg

These days I keep my bottom leaves even though I trim the bottom branches because they act like canaries in a coal mine giving me an early warning system for nutrient problems. I am really happy with this plant's health because my bottom leaves are still healthy and my top leaves have very little sign of tip burn so it looks like I have my nutrients dialled in pretty well.

IMG_7641.jpg

I don't expect to be posting very much in this thread for the next few months as I will be concentrating on my participation in my grow journal for the big comparison grow. If anyone would like to check out my new thread here is the link.

:ciao:

Back
Top Bottom