Homer's Legal 4-Plant Max Perpetual Minimalist Garden In Ontario

Sure looking ripe and ready there Homer. Should be just what you are looking for. I had some Northern Lights that was right there as well at harvest. Every smoke that I had would put me horizontal. Have a small jar left and use it when the working man aches just wont back off. Works every time.:lot-o-toke:

Looks ready to me. Definitely lots of amber.

Homer...I would chop...some trichs past their prime. Should be a good body effect. Looks good.

Sure looking ripe and ready there Homer. Should be just what you are looking for. I had some Northern Lights that was right there as well at harvest. Every smoke that I had would put me horizontal. Have a small jar left and use it when the working man aches just wont back off. Works every time.:lot-o-toke:

Thanks for the input guys, I took your advice and harvested today instead of waiting any longer. I am looking for a good nighttime sedater so hopefully, she works well being so amber. Depending on how it affects me I can adjust harvest time of the cutting I have from this plant now halfway through flowering.

Not a great yield but I am happy with it; my guess would be about 7oz dried. Lots of bud in jars that I will be making tincture of in the coming months once I get my distilling done for the season.

IMG_7208.JPG

She was a relative dream to harvest because every bud was covered in trichs and worth harvesting. Looking forward to testing her out once she is dried out and I make a tincture.

IMG_7204.JPG

I have been trying to decide which Sativa to grow next. I have Golden Tiger from Ace and Neville's Haze and Super Lemon Haze and Super Silver Haze all from Greenhouse Seed Company. I was planning on growing a Red Dragon because I thought I had one but apparently, I was confusing that with the Golden Tiger. :oops:

I looked at quite a few top lists for energizing Sativas and of my collection, Super Lemon Haze seems to be coming up the most. I tried this one a few months ago and it didn't sprout but now that I'm all set up with my temperature control germination system hopefully I'll have more luck.

IMG_7220.JPG

I have been trying to decide which Sativa to grow next.
The Super Lemon Haze sounds like a good choice, but I don’t think you can go wrong with any of those. I’ve never grown a Lemon Haze, but from what I’ve read, the lemon flavor sounds interesting.

The Super Lemon Haze sounds like a good choice, but I don’t think you can go wrong with any of those. I’ve never grown a Lemon Haze, but from what I’ve read, the lemon flavor sounds interesting.
Thanks, BigD13. I did a little research and apparently, the Lemon Haze should be the least drowsy Sativa I have but I tried to germinate my second seed and like the first, it looks like it is DOA. Here she is after five days and not only doesn't it have a tail it hasn't even cracked just like the first one. I'm thinking maybe they got baked somewhere in transit because I believe it was delivered last summer. I think I'll drop another one in the next day or so. That's two down and three to go. That's okay I've got lots of other seeds to try.

IMG_7243.JPG

Distilling has been taking so much of my time I haven't had much time to post but I'm getting near the end thankfully. Here is my 1:20 CBD strain from Dr. Seeds coming along nicely.

IMG_7224.JPG

For a little plant, I was pretty happy with the considerable root mass she has developed. It looks like she was ready for transplant.

IMG_7231.JPG

And here she is safely nestled into her new 10 gallon home. I'm going to try something new with this plant. I am not going to top it until it gets a few feet tall thinking maybe it will be more structurally sound with one large long trunk as opposed to many smaller diameter ones. I will top it three times so I end up with eight tertiary branches on top of one long main trunk.

IMG_7233.JPG

Here is my third-generation Chemdawg looking pretty cramped in her small container.

IMG_7227.JPG

Here is a little photographic history of her since I first placed her in soil.

IMG_771v23-Recovered.jpg

I think it's safe to say she was ready for transplant judging by the roots.

IMG_7229.JPG

Here she is in her new home. With all that pent-up root potential I wouldn't be surprised if she took off pretty good now that she's in a 10-gallon pot.

IMG_7236.JPG

I topped her to try to get a better canopy. I used to worry about training but it seems no matter what I do to these things I get a decent canopy. Instead of training now I just trim them and it seems to be working out okay. Here she is after a topping to even her up a bit.

IMG_7239.JPG

That's all for now, folks! :ciao: :party:

Thanks for the input guys, I took your advice and harvested today instead of waiting any longer. I am looking for a good nighttime sedater so hopefully, she works well being so amber. Depending on how it affects me I can adjust harvest time of the cutting I have from this plant now halfway through flowering.

Not a great yield but I am happy with it; my guess would be about 7oz dried. Lots of bud in jars that I will be making tincture of in the coming months once I get my distilling done for the season.

IMG_7208.JPG

She was a relative dream to harvest because every bud was covered in trichs and worth harvesting. Looking forward to testing her out once she is dried out and I make a tincture.

IMG_7204.JPG
ooo yea

that's what we working so hard for

Always dream to smoke a blunt with my mate Homer Simpsons

:lot-o-toke:
:passitleft:

Hey, CannaFish.

Sorry to say I haven't tested it yet because I don't smoke my product instead I take it in tincture form and I haven't gotten around to making a batch yet because I am busy doing some distilling lately.

But as far as growing I would say it was a decent plant. It was healthy and had some pretty frosty buds as you can see from this pic. I have a pretty standardized growing system now and usually, I'm getting somewhere in the 8 to 12-ounce range per plant vegging for about eight weeks but my Amnesia only gave me about seven so it is on the lower end but the frostiness of the buds compensates for that a bit.

IMG_701t4.jpg

Here she is a few days before harvest.

Amneisa.JPG

Here she is a few weeks earlier in a pic showing she was a tall one.

IMG_6933b.jpg

Here is the bud I harvested.

IMG_7015.JPG

So yes I am looking forward to checking her out in tincture form once I'm finished doing my winter's distilling but all in all I'm pretty happy with her so far. Hope that helps.
How was the resin from your glove after the Harvest ???

man i dream of that resin

only once every 3 month and just 2 to 4 cone max
but it's the best cone in the world with that resin from your own grow

Well that sucks.

The roots on the transplants look good. Definitely ready for a bigger pot.
That does suck but I have recovered, lol.
Yes, I have been sidetracked lately so I let her go a little long.

How was the resin from your glove after the Harvest ???

man i dream of that resin

only once every 3 month and just 2 to 4 cone max
but it's the best cone in the world with that resin from your own grow

Nice to have you stop by, twinsun. Yes, nothing like "medicating" with my own grow!! :headbanger:

Here is my second generation Greenhouse Seed Co. Chemdawg 9 weeks and 1 day since being flipped.
She was looking pretty healthy till a few weeks ago. I thought the mother plant turned yellow suddenly because I gave it an accidental overdose of silica additive but this one was treated well and had the same sudden dramatic yellowing. I think this is just one of those strains that yellows at the end.

The problem with being limited to four plants is it’s hard to do much experimenting but I kept the nutes pretty low so I doubt if it’s toxicity. I have a third-generation in veg so I think I might try being a little more generous with the newts with it at the end and see if that helps. It doesn’t really matter though because they could be harvested really any time.

This plant’s mom that I harvested a few weeks ago is now dried to around 65% so tomorrow I’ll probably weigh it up and start making some tincture to test her out. Really looking forward to the results. I was assured this was a very sedating plant by the most experienced grower I know but it’s only 60% Indica so I’m really intrigued about the results.

IMG_7296.JPG

Here are some of the lower leaves that started dying off that made me increase my MC from 4 ½ g per gallon to 5 g per gallon. I think it’s just a coincident that the plant started turning yellow shortly after because I can’t believe that I would get toxicity at 5 g per gallon.

IMG_7304.JPG

IMG_7305.JPG

IMG_7306.JPG

She may not be a great yielder and she doesn’t look too healthy at the end but she does have some nice buds and I’m really looking forward to seeing how she performs in the tincture test.

IMG_7300.JPG

IMG_7310.JPG

:ciao: :thumb:

I can’t say I’m proud to announce that my first-generation Chemdawg has set a new record low yield at 6 ¼ ounces dried. Since I grow more than I consume and also because I got some nice looking bud from her it isn’t a tragedy. The first pic shows 4 ounces I weighed out in a bag that is now cooking in my heat treating oven decarbing in the first step of making my tincture today.

IMG_7327.JPG

The next two pictures highlight one of my bigger buds looking nice and frosty. I should have tincture ready for my evening medication.

IMG_7337.jpg

IMG_73322.jpg

:ciao: :party:

I managed to get my tincture made today from four ounces of Chemdawg. Here are the four ounces after decarbing for 2 hrs at 235F.

IMG_7341.jpg

I find it easy to break up by hand with rubber gloves on after it is cooked.

IMG_7343.jpg

I soaked it in 95% ethanol for 1 hr in the freezer.

IMG_7344.jpg

I run everything through a mesh strainer.

IMG_7345.jpg

I squeeze the bud in 20-micron bags but I need to come up with a better method; three bags this size did all four ounces. I recover about 1/3 of the total this way.

IMG_7346.jpg

Next, I run everything through a coffee filter.

IMG_7347.jpg

It almost looks like a nice brandy.

IMG_7348.jpg

I ended up with a little over 16 ounces but I like it about 4 times as potent so I ran it through my little still.

IMG_7349.jpg

I put cameras on the still so I can monitor it and don't have to stay upstairs. Since I know I had about 16 ounces I will stop around 12 ounces ethanol recovered so I get four one-ounce bottles.

IMG_7350.jpg

And here is the finished product with 12 ounces of ethanol I recovered with the still.

IMG_7353.jpg

I managed to get my tincture completed in time so I could “medicate” as usual with my dinner. I have been using my old standby, Northern Lights, which is still the dankest and most sedating strain I have tried which is what I am looking for in my evening medication.

I can only blame myself for listening to people but I was told that Chemdawg was very sedating to the point of almost narcotic but after tonight’s test it feels more to me like a hybrid rather uplifting like a Bruce Banner.

I have wasted a lot of time and effort trying to find a good nighttime sedating weed. I started out with Northern Lights and then tried P98 but had nothing but problems and didn’t even get one bud out of trying about 20 seeds with that accursed strain. And now I am on my third generation of Chemdawg only to find it’s not sedating hardly at all, at least for me.

So trying to find a more potent sedater than Northern Lights I figure I have wasted probably over a year with P98 and Chemdawg and I am down to one jar of Northern Lights. Being restricted to four plants makes trying a strain a major commitment. Now that I have finished banging my head against the wall it seems my course is clear; I’m going to chop the Chemdawg I have in veg and pop a NL tomorrow.

No sense in getting all bent out of shape but what a waste of time and effort. Besides, my last NL plant I reaped 10 ounces so it is the dankest plant I have grown and the second-best yielder. I am going to grow a few year’s worth of Northern Lights and then begin again my quest for a danker bud but I am starting to doubt I will ever find one. NL is hard to beat I find. I am curious how I will sleep tonight; with my NL I drift off just a few minutes after going to bed.

I managed to get my tincture made today from four ounces of Chemdawg. Here are the four ounces after decarbing for 2 hrs at 235F.

IMG_7341.jpg

I find it easy to break up by hand with rubber gloves on after it is cooked.

IMG_7343.jpg

I soaked it in 95% ethanol for 2 hrs in the freezer.

I run everything through a mesh strainer.

I squeeze the bud in 20-micron bags but I need to come up with a better method; three bags this size did all four ounces. I recover about 1/3 of the total this way.

Next, I run everything through a coffee filter.

It almost looks like a nice brandy.

I ended up with a little over 16 ounces but I like it about 4 times as potent so I ran it through my little still.

I put cameras on the still so I can monitor it and don't have to stay upstairs. Since I know I had about 16 ounces I will stop around 12 ounces ethanol recovered so I get four one-ounce bottles.

And here is the finished product with 12 ounces of ethanol I recovered with the still.

IMG_7353.jpg

I managed to get my tincture completed in time so I could “medicate” as usual with my dinner. I have been using my old standby, Northern Lights, which is still the dankest and most sedating strain I have tried which is what I am looking for in my evening medication.

I can only blame myself for listening to people but I was told that Chemdawg was very sedating to the point of almost narcotic but after tonight’s test it feels more to me like a hybrid rather uplifting like a Bruce Banner.

I have wasted a lot of time and effort trying to find a good nighttime sedating weed. I started out with Northern Lights and then tried P98 but had nothing but problems and didn’t even get one bud out of trying about 20 seeds with that accursed strain. And now I am on my third generation of Chemdawg only to find it’s not sedating hardly at all, at least for me.

So trying to find a more potent sedater than Northern Lights I figure I have wasted probably over a year with P98 and Chemdawg and I am down to one jar of Northern Lights. Being restricted to four plants makes trying a strain a major commitment. Now that I have finished banging my head against the wall it seems my course is clear; I’m going to chop the Chemdawg I have in veg and pop a NL tomorrow.

No sense in getting all bent out of shape but what a waste of time and effort. Besides, my last NL plant I reaped 10 ounces so it is the dankest plant I have grown and the second-best yielder. I am going to grow a few year’s worth of Northern Lights and then begin again my quest for a danker bud but I am starting to doubt I will ever find one. NL is hard to beat I find. I am curious how I will sleep tonight; with my NL I drift off just a few minutes after going to bed.
Homer, Bud looks great as does the tincture. I always learn something over here and am intrigued by the still. I highly recommend Cali Connection Corleone Kush for a heavy stony sedation. Check out my grow #2...the buds are massive, frosty, rock hard and one pheno so hashy it was hard to smoke. Scent and flavors range from licorice to hash to incense and all between...got 4 phenos from 4 seeds. I also got a few bonus seeds from the purple pheno. Looking forward to the WSE GSC comparative grow.

Homer, Bud looks great as does the tincture. I always learn something over here and am intrigued by the still. I highly recommend Cali Connection Corleone Kush for a heavy stony sedation. Check out my grow #2...the buds are massive, frosty, rock hard and one pheno so hashy it was hard to smoke. Scent and flavors range from licorice to hash to incense and all between...got 4 phenos from 4 seeds. I also got a few bonus seeds from the purple pheno. Looking forward to the WSE GSC comparative grow.
I appreciate the recommendation of the Cali Connection Corleone Kush for a heavy stony sedation but after reading about it I had to laugh or I would have cried because its parentage is half P-98 Bubba which is my nemesis strain.

I am sure it is a heavy sedater because everyone seems to agree all the P-98 hybrids are but I spent months trying to grow that strain and had zero luck. I mean I tried to start about 10 different seeds and only got one plant out of it and that plant didn’t give me enough bud for one joint. It was one frustrating perplexing episode.

I actually have a few more of Katsu’s seeds that I will probably try someday and I may try the Cali Connection Corleone Kush but I think I will stick with my NL till I have a good stockpile to fall back on. Again, I appreciate the info but I just feel I am cursed with P-98 and can’t afford to waste any more time with them, at least for now. But I did write your recommendation down and I may try it eventually.

Yes, also very much looking forward to the Girl Scout Cookie extravaganza. I saw GSC is mostly an Indica which influenced my decision to apply but again it probably won’t be another NL, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom