Homer's Legal 4-Plant Max Perpetual Minimalist Garden In Ontario

I took some trich pics of my Chemdawg that is eight weeks and one day into flower and I was happy to see a fair bit of amber in some pics. Since this is an Indica dominant strain for evening "medicating" I want a fair bit of amber so I'm still probably going to give her at least another week depending on how she ripens.

WIN_20210130_15_43_58_Pro.jpg

WIN_20210130_15_43_38_Pro.jpg

WIN_20210130_15_42_40_Pro.jpg

WIN_20210130_15_41_21_Pro.jpg

WIN_20210130_15_42_22_Pro.jpg

WIN_20210130_15_38_46_Pro.jpg

I took some trich pics of my Chemdawg that is eight weeks and one day into flower and I was happy to see a fair bit of amber in some pics. Since this is an Indica dominant strain for evening "medicating" I want a fair bit of amber so I'm still probably going to give her at least another week depending on how she ripens.

WIN_20210130_15_43_58_Pro.jpg

WIN_20210130_15_43_38_Pro.jpg

WIN_20210130_15_42_40_Pro.jpg

WIN_20210130_15_41_21_Pro.jpg

WIN_20210130_15_42_22_Pro.jpg

WIN_20210130_15_38_46_Pro.jpg
Good Day, Homer, I am sure that one of the Super Silver Haze beans will sprout for you. These Chemdog tri cones are very long and curly, I recently purchased a Microscope to play with, it connects directly to my phone without any cables via Bluetooth. Lots of fun to look at and take pictures, was tired of sticking my face right into the buds with my jewelers loop.

I was going to apply colloidal Silver to my Autos but read that Auto strains are hard to pollinate with this method, a pollen pusher says you have to get lucky, some plants will and some won't produce any pollen, I did not want to waste my time and effort taking a chance. I might be able to get enough pollen to do 4 buds per plant with Herer pollen, the Autos are getting past prime for pollinating and the Male Herer is very young. Might work, no harm in trying.

I want a Sativa strain to make some daytime edibles, not sure if I will like it, I like the indica allot but would like a bit more motivation/stimulation/invigoration to the effect. Cheers Have a great Day

Good Day, Homer, I am sure that one of the Super Silver Haze beans will sprout for you. These Chemdog tri cones are very long and curly, I recently purchased a Microscope to play with, it connects directly to my phone without any cables via Bluetooth. Lots of fun to look at and take pictures, was tired of sticking my face right into the buds with my jewelers loop.

I was going to apply colloidal Silver to my Autos but read that Auto strains are hard to pollinate with this method, a pollen pusher says you have to get lucky, some plants will and some won't produce any pollen, I did not want to waste my time and effort taking a chance. I might be able to get enough pollen to do 4 buds per plant with Herer pollen, the Autos are getting past prime for pollinating and the Male Herer is very young. Might work, no harm in trying.

I want a Sativa strain to make some daytime edibles, not sure if I will like it, I like the indica allot but would like a bit more motivation/stimulation/invigoration to the effect. Cheers Have a great Day
Thanks, BudShark but actually it is a Super Lemon Haze I was trying to grow and when I planted it I assumed my last Chemdawg cutting would die because the previous about 10 I took died but since my last Chemdawg cutting lived it would have been hard to stay within my 4 plant max and take cuttings with 3 strains going. So it all worked out in the end. I started out with a jewelers loop too and I definitely prefer my little microscope also.

And yes the silver method of reversal is definitely hit and miss. I screwed up the timing a little bit with my applications but I ended up getting male pods that opened but there was absolutely no pollen in them but I don't remember the strain. Like you say no harm trying though because you might get lucky. Here is a pic of my male pods that looked pretty promising but didn't yield any pollen. Never tried an auto.

IMG_4760.JPG

I use my Northern Lights at night and I am hoping Chemdawg would be even more sedating. I was using my hybrids during the day and initially they seemed a little more uplifting but now that I tried daytime micro-dosing for a while with them I ended up sitting on my ass most of the day so I don't see a big difference between the Indicas and hybrids so I am curious if a purer Sativa is less sedating but I have my doubts. No problem really as I don't want to be stoned 24/7 but I am curious what the Super Lemon Haze is like.

I have two bits of good news in the garden today. First off yesterday I took a pic of my Chemdawg cutting and compared it to when I first put it in soil and I was surprised how much it had grown so it seems to be not only a survivor but starting to flourish.

IMG_71v23.jpg

But even more of a relief is that this morning when I checked the garden my 1:20 was peeking through the soil all ready to take on the world. That was really good news. Colour sucks because I have the light on red spectrum and I forgot to switch it so I corrected as much as I could but it doesn't look right.

IMG_7128.JPG

I was wrong about my Amnesia label being handwritten instead it is on one of the official DopeSeeds packages with a printed label but on the label I have they call it just Amnesia and on their site, they call it just Amnesia but in the description, they call it Amnesia haze. That seems kind of sketchy to me but they do claim it is, “created by crossing C99 with Jack Herer and Skunk#1”.

I think it's just a coincidence I put all these together in one sandwich bag especially since the one says, Seedman. I think these are separate purchases and the ones below I bought the Super Lemon Haze and got the other two as freebies but damned if I can remember where I ordered them from. It must say somewhere in my journal or in my emails.

IMG_6924.JPG
How are you liking the amnesia so far? good smells? I've got dope seeds amnesia, OG, and Skunk. I'm looking around for a few reviews...

How are you liking the amnesia so far? good smells? I've got dope seeds amnesia, OG, and Skunk. I'm looking around for a few reviews...
Hey, CannaFish.

Sorry to say I haven't tested it yet because I don't smoke my product instead I take it in tincture form and I haven't gotten around to making a batch yet because I am busy doing some distilling lately.

But as far as growing I would say it was a decent plant. It was healthy and had some pretty frosty buds as you can see from this pic. I have a pretty standardized growing system now and usually, I'm getting somewhere in the 8 to 12-ounce range per plant vegging for about eight weeks but my Amnesia only gave me about seven so it is on the lower end but the frostiness of the buds compensates for that a bit.

IMG_701t4.jpg

Here she is a few days before harvest.

Amneisa.JPG

Here she is a few weeks earlier in a pic showing she was a tall one.

IMG_6933b.jpg

Here is the bud I harvested.

IMG_7015.JPG

So yes I am looking forward to checking her out in tincture form once I'm finished doing my winter's distilling but all in all I'm pretty happy with her so far. Hope that helps.

thanks for sharing. looks like you grew it perfectly. Nice photos too.
D'oh! Thank you but actually, since I posted I realized the photo I said was my Amnesia plant right before harvest was actually several weeks before. I had some pretty severe branch collapse near the end as you can see in the photo below with it. Since then I have introduced silica hoping it will help future grows.

IMG_6973.JPG

some plants are just floppy. like trainwreck.
It seems that way because my Indicas have not flopped but a lot of people swear by silica so I'm giving it a try.

I haven't been posting much lately for two reasons; firstly not much is happening in the garden and secondly, I am spending a lot of time distilling lately. Since I use my 95% neutral spirit to make my cannabis tinctures I guess it is related to this site but admittedly mostly it's for drinking even though I tend to be drinking less and less these days.

It is a challenge to get a neutral spirit to 95% so I provided the proof in photos that my alcohol is over 95%. My high precision alcohol hydrometer, which only reads from 185 to 200 proof by volume, shows I am a little over 195.5 proof or 97.75% but since my hydrometer is calibrated for 60°F and my sample is 70.5°F I need to use a chart from the National Bureau of Standards to correct for temp and doing so works out to about 95.1% by volume.

An alcohol/water solution becomes an azeotropic solution at either 97.2% by volume or 95.6% by mass which are the limits of conventional distilling. I found the explanation why on Google in the paragraph below. Since hydrometers read in volume distillers often make the mistake of thinking they have achieved azeotropic at 95.6% which only applies with mass but they actually need to go to 97.2%. Approaching azeotropic by distilling can be somewhat analogous to reaching the speed of light because the closer you get the more energy it takes as with azeotropic the closer you get the more distilling cycles you need.

"Each azeotrope has a characteristic boiling point. ... A well-known example of a positive azeotrope is 95.63% ethanol and 4.37% water (by mass), which boils at 78.2 °C. Ethanol boils at 78.4 °C, water boils at 100 °C, but the azeotrope boils at 78.2 °C, which is lower than either of its constituents."

IMG_7142.JPG

IMG_7143.JPG

I have, in the last couple weeks, bartered off some wood working for some 96.5% that a client makes. I have been wanting to make tinctures for awhile now but couldn't find the alcohol in my end of the country. Just glad that I have found a ready source. :thumb:
Hey, bluenoserjoe. Gald to hear you found some high test alcohol. I started out making infused olive oil but find the tinctures give a much smoother sensation much more like smoking.

Just a little update from the veg room. I accidentally scorched my poor little 1:20 seedling by getting the blurp a little too close in her first few days of life, so her small leaves are a little deformed, but she seems to have recovered and is doing well.

IMG_7158.JPG

IMG_7159.JPG

My Chemdawg cutting, which miraculously took root after so many didn't, is looking pretty good, thankfully.

IMG_7168.JPG

Here is the same photo again, with a few others showing its progression. I think she's going to start complaining if I don't transplant her soon.

IMG_771v23.jpg

This strain was highly recommended by a very knowledgeable grower who swears to its almost narcotic effect, so I'm really looking forward to testing it out because this plant above is the third-generation, but the first generation plant still isn't ready after 11 weeks of flowering tomorrow, but I'm determined to wait it out and get good amber. :Namaste:

Humboldt says my Chemdawg should take 65-70 days to finish flowering so of course, I am on day 80 which is kind of par for the course. The sample I took today has a fair bit of amber but one I took a couple of days ago hardly had any so it does seem to vary a lot over the plant. Probably will give her another week.

WIN_20210215_00_17_02_Pro.jpg

WIN_20210215_00_18_18_Pro.jpg

WIN_20210215_00_18_42_Pro.jpg

WIN_20210215_00_19_23_Pro.jpg

WIN_20210215_00_19_45_Pro.jpg

I see a fair amount of amber in those pics. Also, those trichomes look very long. I don’t know if I’ve every seen any quite like that. Very interesting.

I see a fair amount of amber in those pics. Also, those trichomes look very long. I don’t know if I’ve every seen any quite like that. Very interesting.
Yes, I agree, I also see a fair amount of amber but the sample I took a few days ago had just a few so I don't think this sample gives a true indication of the overall plant's ripeness which is why I was going to wait another week but I will take more samples before I decide; could be sooner could be longer. It never really registered with me but yes, I believe you are right that they are pretty long triches. :thumb:

I don't know if it's just the way this strain ages or if it's because I overdosed it with about four times the maximum dosage of silica for a couple of waterings by mistake but the branches and some of the leaves have taken on a pleasing coloration.
IMG_71723.jpg

I haven't posted much lately because I have been busy distilling and upgrading my still. My latest idea is to finely control the condenser water flow remotely by adjusting a 3/8" needle valve with a cnc controlled step motor and I just happened to have one and a step driver and break out board laying around. Fun project. Got the motor running now just have to mount the motor and valve together and make a stepped coupling because the shafts are different sizes.

IMG_7185.JPG

In the veg room, my 1:20 seedling is doing well.

IMG_7187.JPG

My 3rd generation Humbolt Chemdawg cutting is growing nicely.

IMG_7192.JPG

Here she is showing her progression.

IMG_7g71v23.jpg

In the bloom room, my second-generation Chemdawg is starting to bud up nicely and I forgot to take a closeup but all my lower leaves are still healthy. There are a few gallons of finished 95% alcohol I will be using to make tincture with most of the bud I have when I have time.

IMG_7193.JPG

Here is my first-generation Chemdawg looking pretty sad and yellow. Probably due to the fact I gave it 5x too much silica for a while and I stopped giving it nutes a few weeks ago because I am in week 13 of flower when it was supposed to be done in 9 to 10 weeks. I keep checking the trichs but they don't seem to be getting any more amber so I think I will chop it as soon as I get my still upgrade done.

IMG_7194.JPG

As I mentioned earlier in a previous post since I use the 95% ethanol I distill to make my cannabis tinctures I am including my still upgrade in my grow journal.

As also mentioned previously I am trying to hook up a CNC step motor to control my 3/8 inch needle valve which controls my still condensate water flow. It's really critical to control the condenser water flow in a reflux still because the closer the still is kept to but not actually boiling over the higher your alcohol content will be because too much cooling just lowers its efficiency.

But the whole point of this is that it's a pain in the butt to sit and watch a still for 12+ hours at a time and it is dangerous to leave them unattended so I have mine hooked up with cameras and digital thermometers so I know exactly what it's doing while sitting in front of the TV in the finished end of the basement comfortably nestled in my recliner. But with my new automatic condenser water adjusting valve, I can stay in my recliner and have the still running at maximum efficiency.

I started out milling a pocket in a piece of 2 x 4 to lower my motor so it's shaft lines up with the shaft on my valve. I was trying for a snug fit and I got lucky because I have it so perfect I can push it into the pocket and its stays perfectly aligned without any holddown.

IMG_7197.JPG

Here I tested out the height alignment of my shafts and they look pretty good. It really doesn't have to be perfect because this thing is only going to be turning about 1/100 of a turn at a time.

IMG_7198.JPG

Fortunately, I have a nice piece of navy brass sitting around and I used it to make my shaft coupling. I used brass because it is a lot easier on tooling to cut than iron or especially steel and since this isn't going to have much force applied it should be plenty strong. A lot easier to tap the grub screw holes with brass also. I don't have a lathe so I just roughly rounded it on my disk sander.

IMG_7199.JPG

Here it is all assembled. I took it in the house and hooked it up to the drivers and it seems to work fine. A pretty low-tech solution but it only took me about three hours to make and it should work fine. I have a few more upgrades to do but I'm really looking forward to doing a run in the next couple days and then I can get back to my garden.

IMG_7200.JPG

My 1st generation Chemdawg has been flowering 13 weeks today and judging by today's sample I plan on harvesting in the next few days when I can find the time. :ciao:

WIN_20210226_18_52_37_Pro.jpg

WIN_20210226_18_52_00_Pro.jpg

WIN_20210226_18_51_52_Pro.jpg

WIN_20210226_18_51_27_Pro.jpg

WIN_20210226_18_50_15_Pro.jpg

WIN_20210226_18_49_23_Pro.jpg

WIN_20210226_18_48_54_Pro.jpg

WIN_20210226_18_49_01_Pro.jpg

WIN_20210226_18_49_54_Pro.jpg

WIN_20210226_18_50_49_Pro.jpg

Back
Top Bottom