Homer's Legal 4-Plant Max Perpetual Minimalist Garden In Ontario

Not sure but it could be the way they’re started.
That could very well be it as much as anything but you have explained your system to me a few times and I think I copied it pretty much exactly with completely different results so I don't know.

I've got a fair number of seed strains to grow and try out so when I harvest my Amnesia I will drop a few but also keep plugging away at trying to take cuttings. Just a temporary setback.

You can always reveg it’s a special plant.
Yes, for sure. Since you told me it was possible I have been planning on reveging one of my Chemdawgs. :thumb:

My silica showed up today almost 2 weeks early. :yahoo:

That's funny because yesterday I was watching old episodes of, Colombo, and in one episode Mr. Spock was the criminal and in another episode Capt. Kirk was the criminal and Mr. Chekov was a police officer.

I just happen to Google him and this is how the actor who played Mr. Chekov died; what a way to go.

"Anton Yelchin, who was best known for playing Chekov in the new Star Trek films, has been killed by his own car at his home in Los Angeles, police say. It struck him after rolling backwards down the steep drive at his Studio City home, pinning him against a brick postbox pillar and a security fence. Jun 20, 2016"
Hello Homer, I just Love Columbo, seen them all more than once. Did not know that about Chekov, he did not have time to get beamed up. Sad way to go. Watching Burn Notice right now, its not very credible but very entertaining. Cheers

Hello Homer, I just Love Columbo, seen them all more than once. Did not know that about Chekov, he did not have time to get beamed up. Sad way to go. Watching Burn Notice right now, its not very credible but very entertaining. Cheers
Hello Homer, the only thing that I thought might help you clone would be to try and cut all leaves back, leaving only an inch or less, maybe they are getting too much sustenance from there so not forcing any roots out. I have never tried cloning but thought I would try and contribute. Cheers

Hello Homer, the only thing that I thought might help you clone would be to try and cut all leaves back, leaving only an inch or less, maybe they are getting too much sustenance from there so not forcing any roots out. I have never tried cloning but thought I would try and contribute. Cheers
This is just a particularly notoriously difficult strain and actually, I'm usually about 80% successful with my clones but thanks your comment is food for thought.

It’s almost like festivus then!!

Either way, I’m sure your plants will like the silica!!
Hopefully, they will. I gave one its first dose today.

On Tuesday I took the picture on the left split screen and the one on the right I took today which illustrates quite the dramatic dying off of my poor little Chemdawg cutting.

IMG_7001.JPG

I was pretty shocked but really pleased to find it actually had some small roots starting. And the fact the leaves are not all dried out and crunchy makes me think the poor little dear starved to death instead of died of thirst after about a month.

IMG_7002.JPG

I keep reading everywhere that if you deprive your cutting of nutrients that encourages the cutting to root to look for some but with very difficult strains to root like this one that died from, I believe, lack of nutrients I giving them nutrients both in their water and spray from the time I take the cutting. It was a disappointment but at least she didn’t die in vain because I think she might have told me the secret to her sister’s survival. What a little hero.

I harvested my Amnesia plant today. Here are a few pics of her as she matured.

IMG_6933b.jpg

Amneisa.JPG

Finally, she collapsed under the weight which is why I am introducing silica. Some of the branches were so bent over they started to die so I started to trim yesterday but I finished all the buds today.

Amnesia final .JPG

Here is a bud with a closeup. She turned out nice and frosty enough.

IMG_701t4.jpg

Not sure how much I have yet. Since I harvested over a couple of days I will wait till things dry out to determine my yield but I think it looks like about 8 ounces. Not great but nothing to cry about.

IMG_7015.JPG

I was a little worried because I figured I had to go a little longer but judging by the triches and the amount of amber I think it's just about ready. Surprised how much clear I have with this much amber but all plants seem a little different.

Screenshot 2021-01-12 001152.jpg

Screenshot 2021-01-12 001322.jpg

Screenshot 2021-01-12 001609.jpg

Screenshot 2021-01-12 001046.jpg

Hope all is well with everyone.

D'oh!

I had a cataclysmic structural collapse with my first-generation Chemdawg plant. Being more accustomed to growing squat Indicas the Sativa leaning hybrids I have grown lately are presenting a bit of a challenge keeping them upright. Introducing a silica supplement is too late for this plant but hopefully, it may help future leaners. It is so unstable I am not even trying to keep it upright so I have just laid it on a table under the light. It seems to be doing ok.

IMG_7016.JPG

Here is a cutting I flipped today from the above plant I have supported pretty well with stakes and string but we shall see. I am curious if the silica does any good compared to its mom.

IMG_7018.JPG

Tomorrow I will be dropping a 1:20 CBD and a Super Lemon Haze seed!!! :headbanger:

Hope everyone is well.:party:

Humble beginnings...

Today I dropped a Super Lemon Haze from Greenhouse Seeds and a 1:20 from Dr. Seeds.
:party:

IMG_7024.JPG

After 48 hours of soaking in tap-water filled containers, I transferred my Super Lemon Haze and 1:20 CBD seeds to a folded paper towel.

IMG_7038.JPG

The 1:20 seed is showing signs of life! :party:

IMG_7029.JPG

The star of the show, the Super Lemon Haze, is it seems a later bloomer and hopefully not just plain dead. :oops:

IMG_7034.JPG

My Chemdawg which had a catastrophic collapse that I laid on a tabletop is, fortunately, making out quite happily. I put some 2x4's under the branches so she can breathe better.

IMG_7039.jpg

IMG_7040.jpg

Hope all is well with everyone. :thumb:

A CBD is is next up for me in about a month so will be watching your 1:20. I have a few Dr. CBD seeds to start, they produced well last time and was all made into oil. The little I puffed on was tasty so will set aside a bit more this time.:yummy: Hard to tell from the above pic. but after your unintended, whole plant, super-cropping, it doesn't look like the chemdawg wants to turn back toward the light.:rollit:

A CBD is is next up for me in about a month so will be watching your 1:20. I have a few Dr. CBD seeds to start, they produced well last time and was all made into oil. The little I puffed on was tasty so will set aside a bit more this time.:yummy: Hard to tell from the above pic. but after your unintended, whole plant, super-cropping, it doesn't look like the chemdawg wants to turn back toward the light.:rollit:
Hey, bluenoserjoe.

This is my second go with the Dr. Seeds 20:1 and it was a nice plant first time around; squat with good structure and a pleasant fruity scent when growing. I only got six ounces so not a great producer but nice quality sticky bud so overall I was quite happy with it.

The Chemdawg has had a catastrophic structural collapse so I don't expect her to straighten up but I am pretty amazed at the leaves because they have almost all turned so that they are once again facing the light. If you look at the photo below you can see by the thin white line running down the red side of the stem that the stem has actually twisted 180° so the proper side is facing the light.

IMG_7041.JPG

This is the cutting from the plant that collapsed and I have it tied up and I am giving it silica so hopefully, it doesn't collapse also. I have trimmed it for height pretty substantially to the point it would be probably another 2 feet taller if I hadn't so I am hoping the oversized roots for its size really kicks out the buds. I also have it under a red spectrum light to stop it from getting too tall in the stretch phase.

IMG_7042.JPG

I have been using a silica additive in my system for the last couple of grows. I would have had tops collapse before but none since. A noticeable increase in stem girth but adds great flexibility as well. Even a collapsed stem from supercropping would need to be tied down or it will right itself in a couple of days. I have an odd ball growing now, out of four seeds same packet, three are sturdy with nice close bud spacing, one however is tall and skinny with large spacing, a spindly thing that looks as though a good fart would blow it over. ha. The silica was a good investment and you don't need much. I use 5ml. in 18 liters, once a week. I go pretty light on all my nutes and have pretty good success.:smokin:

I have been using a silica additive in my system for the last couple of grows. I would have had tops collapse before but none since. A noticeable increase in stem girth but adds great flexibility as well. Even a collapsed stem from supercropping would need to be tied down or it will right itself in a couple of days. I have an odd ball growing now, out of four seeds same packet, three are sturdy with nice close bud spacing, one however is tall and skinny with large spacing, a spindly thing that looks as though a good fart would blow it over. ha. The silica was a good investment and you don't need much. I use 5ml. in 18 liters, once a week. I go pretty light on all my nutes and have pretty good success.:smokin:

Your post was very encouraging regarding your positive experiences with a silica additive. I didn’t have much problem when I was growing mostly Indicas with plants falling over but these hybrids are a different story. Hopefully I get the same beneficial results.

18 L is about 4 gallons which means you are giving about 1.25 mL per gallon. Since I didn’t start adding silica to my plants till they were in flower to make up for the past I have been giving them the maximum amount recommended on the directions of my bottle which is 2.5 mL per gallon. We may be using different products though, which may have different concentrations? If I start having problems I will cut back.

Thanks for the input bluenoserjoe.

Back
Top Bottom