Ms Bean7175 Night Shade & Blackberry 1st Journal

Personally I didn’t notice a difference using a dark period. I may be more strain dependant but from trichomes to flavour to effects I didn’t notice a change!

If your interested in bud washing I also have a tutorial/vid you can use if you like! It can be found here:
Bud Washing Tutorial

Dutchman Thank you for the Bud Washing Tutorial. I'll be washing my Buds today.:)

Sweet! Definitely worth the time and efforts! Good luck

Thank you, Dutchman. Dutchman would you have fans going while drying? And, how long should the bud hang before you put them in the Dry Box? And, What is a Dry Box?

Can't make them out to good, but this is the end resalts.
P1260054.JPG

P1260065.JPG

P1260066.JPG

The bigger buds, would you pull them apart or do you think they will dry as they are?
P1260064.JPG

P1260063.JPG

P1260058.JPG

P1260059.JPG

Thank you, Dutchman. Dutchman would you have fans going while drying? And, how long should the bud hang before you put them in the Dry Box? And, What is a Dry Box?
You can have fans going if your in a really humid environment but I typically never do. When washing I let them drip dry for 4-6hrs and then hang them in the drying box.
As for a drying box I have a DIY tutorial here:
DIY DryBox
As for the big colas I’ll wash them and let them dry as is. I typically don’t break up the buds unless they don’t fit into my drying area. I now use a dryer which helps control the process but still the same concept!

If possible I try to aim for these numbers in the drying area:

Temps: 60-65°F
RH:55-60%

You can have fans going if your in a really humid environment but I typically never do. When washing I let them drip dry for 4-6hrs and then hang them in the drying box.
DIY DryBox
As for the big colas I’ll wash them and let them dry as is. I typically don’t break up the buds unless they don’t fit into my drying area. I now use a dryer which helps control the process but still the same concept!

DIY DryBox

@Dutchman Thank you again for the tutorial, it help me out a lot. I can wait to see how my smoke will taste. :hookah: :hippy:

@fellow growers I've been slacking watching movies and spacing out. Been shopping for seeds. Found Tangerine Dream AF it's out of stock. Now, I'm eying the Alaskan Purple Auto but it says X Ruderalls in it. @Sauga can I ask what does Ruderalls mean? Is it a good thing? Well, I attempted to make Hash, here is the out come.

P2010069.JPG

P2010070.JPG

P2010074.JPG

P2010078.JPG

The hash is more soft than I like, but I got to say I love the taste of my hash. I'm looking forward to the next grow. I'll be placing a order in for seeds today for Fem Auto's.:nomo: :bong: I got a lot of caught up to do

Indica, sativa, and ruderalis are the three basic sub species of cannabis. Ruderalis is generally a low THC subspecies native to Central and Eastern Europe and Russia. Ruderalis enters the flowering stage based on the maturity of the plant, rather than its light cycle. In other words ruderalis plants are auto flowers.

Tangerine Dream AF is the original Tangerine Dream bred with ruderalis for the recessive auto-flowering gene. This generation is not auto-flowering. Members of this generation are bred together, and their progeny will have about 25% auto-flowering plants. When two of these are bred, the result is the auto-flowering version of Tangerine Dream. One of the resulting females has it's sex reversed, and is used to pollinate the other female plants, resulting in auto-flowering, feminized seeds now called Tangerine Dream AF.

As far as I know this is how all auto-flowering strains, that are not pure ruderalis are bred. Sometimes this is not enough, and the resulting plants are 'fast,' and ready for harvest much faster than the normal seeds, but still are photo period plants.

Indica, sativa, and ruderalis are the three basic sub species of cannabis. Ruderalis is generally a low THC subspecies native to Central and Eastern Europe and Russia. Ruderalis enters the flowering stage based on the maturity of the plant, rather than its light cycle. In other words ruderalis plants are auto flowers.

Tangerine Dream AF is the original Tangerine Dream bred with ruderalis for the recessive auto-flowering gene. This generation is not auto-flowering. Members of this generation are bred together, and their progeny will have about 25% auto-flowering plants. When two of these are bred, the result is the auto-flowering version of Tangerine Dream. One of the resulting females has it's sex reversed, and is used to pollinate the other female plants, resulting in auto-flowering, feminized seeds now called Tangerine Dream AF.

As far as I know this is how all auto-flowering strains, that are not pure ruderalis are bred. Sometimes this is not enough, and the resulting plants are 'fast,' and ready for harvest much faster than the normal seeds, but still are photo period plants.

Thank you Old Salt. I'm starting the curing process today. Well back to shopping.:peace:

OS has given it to you nicely. If you want to read up on it a bit more here's a link:

:thanks:MrSauga that helps. Sauga, I'm growing Auto Lemon Haze Fem. this time around. Do you grow auto the same way as a reg plant? I think, I'm going to enjoy seeing the Lemon Haze grow.:love:

Do you grow auto the same way as a reg plant? I think, I'm going to enjoy seeing the Lemon Haze grow.:love:
No I do not MsBean. Autos I move to the final pot as soon as the tap root emerges about 3/8". If it's your first time use a solo cup or other method then uppot to the final pot. Using a solo cup will help you gauge the watering better.

Autos I feed early, after the second set of leaves and I make sure they don't get overwatered. Overwatering will stunt the growth. Autos you need to feed frequently when young with small amounts of water and a mild nute solution. Once they get to their fourth or fifth node you can feed higher amounts based on the look of the plant.
Defoling an auto will slow it's growth, so wait until the plant finishes stretching before you pluck leaves.
Topping can be done if the plant is strong and growing rapidly, else leave it be.

No I do not MsBean. Autos I move to the final pot as soon as the tap root emerges about 3/8". If it's your first time use a solo cup or other method then uppot to the final pot. Using a solo cup will help you gauge the watering better.

Autos I feed early, after the second set of leaves and I make sure they don't get overwatered. Overwatering will stunt the growth. Autos you need to feed frequently when young with small amounts of water and a mild nute solution. Once they get to their fourth or fifth node you can feed higher amounts based on the look of the plant.
Defoling an auto will slow it's growth, so wait until the plant finishes stretching before you pluck leaves.
Topping can be done if the plant is strong and growing rapidly, else leave it be.

@MrSauga Thank you for sharing your information, I'll write this down. Or, maybe I can copy and paste.
I've been sick, since Feb 5th. It just hit quick no fever just made you not move and a cough all the time. It broke yesterday and I'm just getting on my feet. At least I can eat now. Also, I have all the stuff to start a new garden. I received my Auto Lemon Haze seeds yesterday in the mail. First, I'll have to clean the grow room than I'll get started. I'll be doing some reading around.:nomo: :bong:

@MrSauga Thank you for sharing your information, I'll write this down. Or, maybe I can copy and paste.
I've been sick, since Feb 5th. It just hit quick no fever just made you not move and a cough all the time. It broke yesterday and I'm just getting on my feet. At least I can eat now. Also, I have all the stuff to start a new garden. I received my Auto Lemon Haze seeds yesterday in the mail. First, I'll have to clean the grow room than I'll get started. I'll be doing some reading around.:nomo: :bong:
It's good to see you back again MsBean and I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. That was quite the lengthy illness you had :(

Back
Top Bottom