Hoses for humidifiers

Ye works fine for me not much pressure more of a trickle.
Easy to dump the waste without going inside the tent and of cause floor space.
Only issue i found placement of the hose keep it low i used a under bed plastic storage keep it low.
More likley to pull it of messing than it fall of in all the units i have used.
Also mine if the water dont flow to the hose due to being to high etc it just goes in the tank.
Most i have used do the same.

Quickest question ever, has anyone just put a hose on their humidifier that didn’t originally come with one,
Not with a humidifier which is one of those machines that adds humidity to the air. Some growers mention using a humidifier when they want more moisture in their indoor air if or when it gets really dry, especially in the winter, .

However, with a de-humidifier, which pulls excess moisture from the air and helps to lower the humidity levels then yes, I have used a hose to drain the water before it goes into the tank inside the machine.

As long as the hose is not allowed to be higher than the spot where it screws on to the machine's fitting it will drain out the end. A slow drip, but it will drain. As @Skunksta brings up, do not let the hose have any section that is higher than the fitting or the flow stops and the tank starts to fill.

If using the de-humidifier one suggestion is to place it on something so it is up off the floor and then route the hose out a near-by port so that no section of hose is above the fitting. Then put the other end in a bucket or any thing that will not leak. Or, route the hose from the tent to a floor drain if it is in a basement.

Or, set up the machine outside the tent and de-humidify the air and let the tent's ventilation system draw in the air and push it out the exhaust duct work.

1688402176683.jpeg

Like this

Back
Top Bottom