How do I mount my CFLs?(micro)

sizzamm420

I really want to set up my lights to be exactly like this:
pc_grow_case.jpg

I just can't seem to find any DIY for it. Any information on how I could mount the bulbs and what I need would be greatly appreciated.

Using a lighting manufactures guidance for multiple CFL hook ups, Go to any local Home center. They will have all items to connect CFL's to, and hardwre parts. It depends on your condition of area usage, as to how they will mount.

that appears to be 4 of the ceramic light sockets that have a black and white wire out the back mounted close on a board with just enough room for the ballasts in figuring out the spacing i suspect that behind each socket is a holding clip or flange with a hole drilled through the board for the wires
the wires are probably in parallel alll white hooked together and all black hooked together so if one bulb goes out all the rest stay on
i don't have a ceramic socket like that around to check but i think some of them are threaded [a machine screw fits in one of the holes in the backof the ceramic for mounting] an alternative mounting is 2 holes big enough for each wire behind the socket and the wires pulled through the board and secured so the sockets are held to the board by the wire tension the compact bulbs are lighter than the breaking strength of most 120 volt wiring so even a knot in the wire would work

to do this : 4 ceramic lamp sockets with black and white wires out the back
1x3x6-8 inch board
several wire nuts
power supply wire and plug if needed
drill bit a little bit bigger than wire diameter

you will need to lay out everything as it will syrt inside the computer case to get the spacing of the sockets and where to drill the holes
hope this makes sense to you and you are handy with tools

remember the ballasts are bigger around than the bulbs in your spacing do it empirically making sure it fits beside the one before iot prior to marking for mounting and wire holes this should be quicker than trying to make a pattern for a one time use

just go to like home depot and tell them you need the setup where all four lights go together and tell them its for a bathroom or something they will help you get what you want

I was thinking they have stuff like that for over top of your mirror in your bathroom.

That is a FULL TOWER computer case. You can find them used for under $40. Looks like a good setup for a clone zone.

I dunno if you could grow a plant to completion in there but almost. Most full tower cases are almost 2 feet tall and have lots of places to mount exhaust fans. I would use this to keep clones in veg while you have older plants in a flowering closet and keep a rotation of 4 plants.

Back
Top Bottom