How do these look for 7 days old - Water OK but bottom leaves hanging

138w of 2700k cfls, about 2inch above them

:thumb:
That sounds good. I thought maybe I saw a little heat stress, but IDK.
Are you able to move the bulbs to the side? Most of the light from CFLs is from the side - not the bottom. Having the bulbs to the sides might also ease up on the heat. Dunno, just a thought.

Like Major said it looks like heat stress on the newest pics. You have yourself some babies. They need to be handled with a soft hand. Trying to put lights close and over watering are all signs of someone over keen for the final product. If you rush her she wont produce what she could if you were gentle with her. Patience is a virtue and less is more more often that not when it comes to growing quality cannabis :)

Here,s how they look today:

Bit overwatered maybe bc I filled em up completely but what I had last grow didn't even match what I have this growth lol. One leaf had some really tiny brown spots but you can't even notice em and now on the pic I can't even tell were it was at. I gave em all 1/8 of vegging nutes and they seem to not mind that at all. Next watering will be regular tap water again but for now they have more then enough water.

But all in all I think they hold a really healthy shade of green now and bit less curling over at the leaves.

Looks good. Let them dry out B4 watering.

How they look today (just filled them with water so thats why leaves hanging a bit):

The plants

Weird leaf that misses one half (rest of plant looks fine except a top wire like minileaf where 2 are coming through one is also looking yellowish) I think this plant is bit weird bc it probably had a bit too little water when coming through but looks fine

Stem also looking lot bigger then week ago

This time I watered them by letting pots soak from the bottom all the way through top, now they weigh 2kg instead of 1600grams. And I think this also loosens soil up abit which is probably a good thing.

Didn't you water them just three days ago? I would have expected them to be fine with nothing else for about three weeks.
I know you've already been told this several times, but please DO NOT OVER-WATER them.

That's true, but an empty pot weight about 950g. They were at about 1100g back when I watered them. Leaves were kinda hanging but I thought it would be the right time to water them since the weather is also about 24 degrees now. But I do keep an eye on them but this weather just keeps them drinking a lot.

150ml water is not enough for 3 weeks I think when bonedry weight without a plant of soil is 950g.

Hmmm... I agree with Major PITA, that seems like a very close watering schedule for such young plants.

But, you know the soil better than we do from pictures. So if they were dry, then they need water.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hmmm... I agree with Major PITA, that seems like a very close watering schedule for such young plants.

But, you know the soil better than we do from pictures. So if they were dry, then they need water.

Absolutely true. Only you can make the final call and you have the best information to make the decision.

Oh, the twisting leaves and the leaves that are half missing from the vein is almost always a sign of pH imbalance.

Okay, how would I go correcting this? Tap water around this region has a pH of 6,2 I just read. Next watering use something like pH Up with my tapwater and use a pH meter and make it a pH of 7?

6.2 PH should be great as long as any nutrients you add aren't pushing it somewhere else.

6.2 PH should be great as long as any nutrients you add aren't pushing it somewhere else.

To add to this, most nutrients are acidic and will lower the pH of your water. So be sure to measure pH AFTER adding your nutrients. (Not sure if it makes any difference, but I typically wait about 5-10 minutes after mixing to check pH, and then 5 min in between adjusting the levels)

I don't understand why they're twisting and the thing with the leaf happened then because I only fed them with nutes one time at 1/8 strength. The biggest one doesn't really have any pH problems at all while the 2 smaller ones seem to be bothered by it. How would I check current pH? I heared the only good way is by checking the runoff water, but since I've just watered them this is not an option right now. Will this mean they'll end up dead? Probably a good 4 days till the new watering.

I don't understand if I give them tap water with a pH of 6,2 all the time why they do things like this. One time nuted only. Maybe they have nute deficiency?

Pretty early for a nute deficiency since these started having problems nearly from the beginning. I'm still leaning toward heat stress and/or over watered. However, I'm no good at spotting PH problems early on. Dunno.

The bottom one needs nutes urgently which I have but the top left one also shows a bit of yellowing on bottom of leaves.

However they're about half full of water still from when I watered them. How would I go fixing them up bc they will die like this soon probably. I hope my ph adjustment stuff comes in today and if not I only have water and nutes. I do have bottles of water from supermarket with ph 7,7 but that's kinda too much I think lol.

Should I just spray small bits of nuted water on the bottom plant? Or what seems best to get them all 3 out alive? Bottom one seems to really start yellowing now lol.

I'd leave all of them alone and let them dry out.
Over-watering mimics under-watering and also causes nutrient lockout. The roots are waterlogged and cannot absorb more water or any nutrients.
I can't be positive that is what is going on, but it is the the fix I would try. Only you know how often you water and how wet they are right now. So far every picture looks wet and it sounds like you watered them recently. I'm afraid if you don't stop watering every few days you will kill them. They do have nutrient deficiencies but as long as the soil is wet, that isn't going to change no matter what you add.
Best of luck!

The bottom one I once again flushed with nutes lol. Shouldn't have done that maybe. Top 2 are still unwatered but live and learn right. I'll let the top 2 run dry. I'm thinking that maybe 20% perlite is too little and shouldve added more. Next run I'm gonna use quality premade soil Canna Terra Pro Plus. Bc I think the soil drains a bit too slow like 200ml a day.

20% perlite is about right on. The Promix I'm used to is in that range.
Try not to feel a need to do something to them every day. A healthy plant should be fine on its own for many days or even weeks.
Less is more.

You're right. It's just first 2 weeks they grew really fast and then they slowed down and started showing problems. The top 2 I'm gonna let them run dry and water them again little bits few times a day for a week. Really monitor them bc first grow I didn't water them at all almost but when I took them out of the pots roots were everywhere soil was 1 big clump. Maybe I'm making the roots lazy stunting growth.

Force them to make some roots for bout 10 days and then water em maybe once a week.

Back
Top Bottom