How do these look for 7 days old - Water OK but bottom leaves hanging

You're right. It's just first 2 weeks they grew really fast and then they slowed down and started showing problems. The top 2 I'm gonna let them run dry and water them again little bits few times a day for a week. Really monitor them bc first grow I didn't water them at all almost but when I took them out of the pots roots were everywhere soil was 1 big clump. Maybe I'm making the roots lazy stunting growth.

Force them to make some roots for bout 10 days and then water em maybe once a week.

This is 10 days old and hasn't even been fully watered once.

Like Major said. "Less is More"

420-magazine-mobile1944183304.jpg

:peace:

and water them again little bits few times a day for a week.
I don't mean to be harsh, but that is a bad idea. Why would you want to do that? More work. Weaker roots.
Let them dry out. Water COMPLETELY. Let them dry out. Water COMPLETELY.

first grow I didn't water them at all almost but when I took them out of the pots roots were everywhere soil was 1 big clump. Maybe I'm making the roots lazy stunting growth.
Exactly. :bravo:

Force them to make some roots for bout 10 days and then water em maybe once a week.
Excellent plan - except lose the timelines. It may take a week. It may take several weeks for them to dry out and build roots. Once they are dry, water as required - not on a set schedule, like each week. It might be less. It should be more.

Today one of my plants had some kind of white fungus on the top layer of soil, what I did was move the soil around a bit and broke it apart. Is this plant doomed now or is this harmless? Only 1 had it.

Kinda looked like this:
photo585.JPG

Usually I'm happy to see that white fuzz in the soil. There are beneficial fungi and bacteria in the soil. They are what break down the nutrients from their complex molecular form to the simple molecules/ions the plant's roots can absorb.

My only concern in your case is how wet the soil has been and still is. That soil mix looks saturated to me. I wouldn't worry about the fungus - only the amount of water.

Usually I'm happy to see that white fuzz in the soil. There are beneficial fungi and bacteria in the soil. They are what break down the nutrients from their complex molecular form to the simple molecules/ions the plant's roots can absorb.

My only concern in your case is how wet the soil has been and still is. That soil mix looks saturated to me. I wouldn't worry about the fungus - only the amount of water.

Yep, that's why from now on they're only getting water when they're bonedry.

Since plants require nutrients in the form of elements such as carbon and potassium, it is important to understand the chemical composition of plants. The majority of volume in a plant cell is water; it typically comprises 80 to 90 percent of the plant's total weight.

Source: Boundless. “The Chemical Composition of Plants.” Boundless Biology. Boundless, 20 May. 2016. Retrieved 22 May. 2016 from The Chemical Composition of Plants

The dry pot I use as measurement when to water now weight about 900g. I always watered them when they were 1150 something so like I said before they're getting water from now on when the stems are bending. A nice ph'd nuted thorough flush and then leave em alone until they need it again.

Yep, that's why from now on they're only getting water when they're bonedry.

The dry pot I use as measurement when to water now weight about 900g. I always watered them when they were 1150 something so like I said before they're getting water from now on when the stems are bending. A nice ph'd nuted thorough flush and then leave em alone until they need it again.

Remember that as your plants grow and develop roots, they will get heavier. So the pot that you compare to, will only give you dry soil weight. Don't forget to adjust for the weight of the plant too.

On the plus side the big one I gave nutes to developed a nice new pair of 2 leaves in less then a day so I think despite it's overwatering is coming back alright :)

Right one really likes the nutes I gave it, left 2 ones are really lagging behind probably due to the ph being off, got my ph kit today and it appears my tapwater was actually in the 7,5+ range. So fed them whit 1/2 grow nutes, then ph'd down to 6,0-6,5 range. Flushed them thoroughly so lets hope they can pick back up again.

yep, I did. nutes > water > ph

It may not matter with your nute's, but a better way is:

water > nute's > PH adjustment

Some brands want you to mix two or three bottles of nutrients for a single feeding. They need to be dilute when they are combined or you can get a lockout. For example, if you throw GH Micro, Gro and Bloom together and then add water, you've got problems.

I have no experience with that brand. My rule of thumb is to cut the manufacturers' recommendations in half, but they are shooting for about 500 ppm which isn't all that high. I feed every time I water with a lower a EC than recommended. I'd rather add more than try to flush it out.

Long time no see, started a new grow. Lowryders didn't fit my needs, decided a medical strain would suit me better. Have a Stress Killer Auto from RoyalQueenSeeds growing now.

Specs of plant:

THC 11%
CBD High
Yield Indoor 450-500gr m2
Yield Outdoor 110-160 grams per plant dried
Height Indoor 90 – 140 cm
Height Outdoor 120 – 160 cm
Flowering time 7-8 weeks
Harvest month 10–11 weeks after planting
Genetic Background Lemon Haze x Juanita la Lagrimosa x Ruderalis
Type Sativa: 60% Indica: 30% Ruderalis: 10%
Effect Clear High, Mental Focused

She's now 10 days old. I must say she looks exactly like the Lowryders? Or is this normal for every plant to look alike in early stages? They're both autoflowers.

This one's in a 7,1liter pot, old ones were in 3,1 liter pots. So she's probably growing better then the lowryders.

That's entirely possible, first 9 days I gave them about 100ml a day and yesterday watered the entire pot to stimulate outward root development and give them some ph'd water to make sure the whole soil is wet. Now I'm gonna let the plant run wet/dry cycles. Also used 75/25% perlite instead of 80/20 this time.

But is it normal that is looks the same as the lowryder? They're both autoflowers.

Most strains of the same type (Sativa/ Indica) look similar up to the start of flowering.

I think you are trying to over think things man. Over watering will never stimulate root development. If you let them dry out, the roots will grow in order to search for water moisture. If you give them too much water at a young age, the roots stay dormant (why would they grow when they are getting all the water they need right at the base??)

So by over watering, you are stunting root growth, which stunts above ground growth. This will cause the soil to remain wet for long periods of time, because they plant is now no longer growing adequately, which can cause root rot, mold and fungus to take over your grow.

They will NOT die if you let them dry out, however, over watering at this age will continuously be detrimental to the health of your plants.

:tokin:

Most strains of the same type (Sativa/ Indica) look similar up to the start of flowering.

I think you are trying to over think things man. Over watering will never stimulate root development. If you let them dry out, the roots will grow in order to search for water moisture. If you give them too much water at a young age, the roots stay dormant (why would they grow when they are getting all the water they need right at the base??)

So by over watering, you are stunting root growth, which stunts above ground growth. This will cause the soil to remain wet for long periods of time, because they plant is now no longer growing adequately, which can cause root rot, mold and fungus to take over your grow.

They will NOT die if you let them dry out, however, over watering at this age will continuously be detrimental to the health of your plants.

:tokin:

That's true, but the 3 ones I grew before when I threw them away had all 3 loads of roots all filled around the pot. And this one already had roots growing out the bottom. I'm not worried at all and it seems to be drinking alright too. But now I won't have to worry about them for a week.

Back
Top Bottom