How does STS work?

I bought a 2 part mix of STS a couple months ago but have been afraid to use it. I have not found any really detailed info on how this stuff works & I don't want to pollinate the whole house. I get the spraying a branch part. But what happens after that ? Does that 1 branch & only that 1 branch make seeds ? Does that Branch just make Pollen Sacks that burst open & pollinate everything around it ? What happens is my question so I know how to use this stuff without ending up with 10 plants full of seeds instead of just 1 branch or 1 plant ?
Thanks for any info.

Don't know if this ca help you: Use STS by spraying it on the leaves of the plant to ensure complete coverage and dripping. We recommend that you remove the plants from the growing area before starting this process, otherwise the mixture may eventually be transferred to your other plants. You need to start the application immediately 4 or 5 days after the light goes out. This allows you to spray plants without worrying about the light that will burn the plants. After 10 days, you need to re-spray the plants using the same method, cover the plants in the mixture, and then immerse them in the dark.

I bought a 2 part mix of STS a couple months ago but have been afraid to use it. I have not found any really detailed info on how this stuff works & I don't want to pollinate the whole house. I get the spraying a branch part. But what happens after that ? Does that 1 branch & only that 1 branch make seeds ? Does that Branch just make Pollen Sacks that burst open & pollinate everything around it ? What happens is my question so I know how to use this stuff without ending up with 10 plants full of seeds instead of just 1 branch or 1 plant ?
Thanks for any info.
To answer your question-
Yes you can do it to just one branch or the whole plant. Start EARLY in the plant’s life.
The branch(es) you do will grow pollen sacks.
That pollen can then be used to pollinate any female plant (including itself) creating femenized seeds.
The silver works by blocking the uptake of something (glucose, I believe) resulting in those pollen sacks.

Look at the bright side-
Do it carefully and correctly, you get seeds for life.
Do it incorrectly, and you still get seeds for life.... in every crop, even if you don’t want them :rofl:
Make sure it’s a strain you love. And be careful.

So how long it its take for those pollens to die ? I mean -22 C shoud kill them ? Or even that wont help so if you spred the pollens by accident you have to sell the 23 acres property just because there its weed pollens. And any female will have seeds till the end of the world ? Its that how its work?

I've had some success with STSing plants. Much as others have said, I usually spray every 5 days starting a week before switch to Flower. I give the stems and leaves a good soaking.

They usually then grow tons of pollen sacs instead of flower.

As to isolating a branch from pollenating, I've had less success as the spray gets everywhere when I soak the plant. I have managed to put a bag over a branch or two to get them to flower (and then be self-pollenated) but more often than not I mess it up and the whole plant makes pollen.

And yes the pollen, once mature will get everywhere so it needs to be isolated once they start to mature. Defintely sell the 23 acres Diyandumitov :)

To answer your question-
Yes you can do it to just one branch or the whole plant. Start EARLY in the plant’s life.
The branch(es) you do will grow pollen sacks.
That pollen can then be used to pollinate any female plant (including itself) creating femenized seeds.
The silver works by blocking the uptake of something (glucose, I believe) resulting in those pollen sacks.

Look at the bright side-
Do it carefully and correctly, you get seeds for life.
Do it incorrectly, and you still get seeds for life.... in every crop, even if you don’t want them :rofl:
Make sure it’s a strain you love. And be careful.
So if i take those pollens from og kush and put it on sour diesel femele plant I will make og kush diesel or whatever I wanna called right? But my question its that gonna make some side effects ? Like I watched on youtube how thats not good idea cause by doing that I can make new strain but the new strain will be not stable in 99% of the situation. So they recommend if I take the pollen from og kush to self pollen the same plant. That way I wony make new strain but at list will be stable strong or kush. Its that right or I'm wrong ? Cause I don't really wanna make a new strain I just wanna make femenize seeds using for my self so I dont have to buy new seeds every time after harveat. And I dont wanna make clones cause they give me 30%-40% less yeald rigjt ?

water killz pollen once you see the white hairs starting to whither just spay it all down with water. seeds will still form as usual and you kill off all unwanted pollen.

Back
Top Bottom