How long have you cured? The longest

Greencheezit

How long is the longest you have cured your crop ? Wat did you notice? big change ? Taste, smell, burn slower, Faster, color change ? anything you can inform me on would be great. I always imagined curing for 6 months or more would be something truly tasteful and something worth doing as a grower

I have my first grow, some white widow, in jars now for aprox. six months. Using a hanging dry and burping the jars often has produced some fine smelling smoke. A very earthy but sweet smell and a very smooth smoke compared to what I first tested when dried.Lots left in jars so an on going cure or store.
:bong:

I’ve got quite a few jars in my stash that are several years old. I think I’ve got some Blueberry that’s almost four years old. It continues to improve for at least the first year. After a couple years it starts to lose a little potency but is very smooth to smoke. It turns brown over time.

I guess a bare minimum cure would be about two weeks. At least by then you’ll probably have a sense of where the moisture level is at and whether or not it’s too wet/too dry, or going to mold in the jar or anything like that. I would never give bud away without at least letting it sit a couple weeks, for those reasons.

But for me six weeks is what I call my minimum cure for something I would give away to friends without apologizing first.

It helps to have quite a bit of bud coming in all the time so you’re not smoking it faster than you’re growing it

I figured it may lose potency but I also figured that would stop to at some point or slow way down I'm from the midwest so I'm not sure I've ever had truly cured smoke my plan was to run some autos to keep a cycle goin so I dont run out but I havent even completed one grow yet so we'll see

I figured it may lose potency but I also figured that would stop to at some point or slow way down

Once it’s been sitting around for three or four years the effect does mellow. It definitely does continue to improve for at least the first year though. Bud actually seems to get stronger with a good cure.

As an example, in flowering that Blueberry strain had an amazing scent of blueberries, but once dried and in the jar I could never detect it anymore- just a dank/sweet/generic bud sort of smell. It wasn’t there at six months. Then at nine months there it was- blueberries.
I think that’s why I left the dregs of this BB in the jar for so long- to see what would happen.
It still smells like blueberries now if I crumble it up a little.

Ha ha ha. Actually that Blueberry made me paranoid as hell the last time I tried it- which was probably about 4 years ago....:laughtwo:

That’s why I stopped growing it. A beautiful plant to grow though.

Yeah that one was from @SeedsMan

A pretty plant- very easy to grow and smelled amazing

image33388.jpg

image33387.jpg

That's wats up I got some cheese seeds that just popped up today from them guys and I have some bruce banger that I'm kinda stoked about. I'm saving the bruce banger till I have a few grows under my belt tho

19 months was my longest.
Other than one small taster bud I never touch a harvest until at least a 4 week cure.
Most everything I am smoking right now was harvested on 9/26/2018 and 10/06/2018.
So 10 and 11 months cure.

It's just as sticky gooey as the day it was jarred, after about 9 months it starts to turn brown.
It's very smooth, the 10 month Hiydrow taste like a fresh orange.
I treat my cannabis like my wine.

Not to hijack the thread, but what process are you guys doing for long term curing/storage?

Not to hijack the thread, but what process are you guys doing for long term curing/storage?

It's all good man I'm not one of those people who get mad cuz your asking questions on my thread it's all information for everyone this was free for me idk about you but idc bro education and information should be free and available to anyone

Thanks man. I appreciate that. :thumb:

I dry at 69-70 degrees with 55-60% room humidity for about 10-12 days until it's about 60-64% humidity in the jars.
Burp jars 2-3 times a day until it's a stable 60-62% humidity.
Then I add a 62% Boveda pack to jar.
Burp jars once a day for another week.
Then check once a month after that.
I store the jars in a box or cooler in total darkness at a stable 70 degrees.
Should be good for years at that point.

Back
Top Bottom