How long should I keep opening jars?

i've been curing my weed for around 1 month and a half, opening jars daily for a few minutes, when should i stop opening them? i couldn't find much online...
Welcome friend. Do you have any hygrometers? They give exact rh of your product in jars. You want 62% . If not 2 months would be as long as I'd do daily burps. Amazon has hygrometer cheep easiest way to tell.

Welcome friend. Do you have any hygrometers? They give exact rh of your product in jars. You want 62% . If not 2 months would be as long as I'd do daily burps. Amazon has hygrometer cheep easiest way to tell.
This is what they look like.
If you want long term storage I suggest 62% bodeva packs. Keep your buds moist longer, after curing.

2E19D8F3-7621-4BD8-962D-40872508DBB4.png

62% buds taste disgusting IMO, i keep mine around 50%

so after 2 months i should just leave them be?
If you have the hygrometers it takes guess work out. But ones that I keep that long ill burp once a week for another month. Then once a month. Always kept in cool dark spot. If you really want 50% rh pour them out on a table for 12 hours and I'm sure you will get what you want. Only after cure is finished.

Just a joke but really I don’t do a lot of burping. I mostly open jars pretty often to take bud out to smoke it. I keep doing that till it’s all gone. Then I stop. That’s how I burp.

Just a joke but really I don’t do a lot of burping. I mostly open jars pretty often to take bud out to smoke it. I keep doing that till it’s all gone. Then I stop. That’s how I burp.
oh okay, i guess i'm gonna start opening them once every other day, and then once every week in a month...

Mini hygrometers and checking rh in the jars is the way to go, from everything I’ve read it seems the consensus is once you get to down to 55 rh the process of converting sugars & removing chlorophyll is done - game over. Opening jars is great but I want to see my rh numbers before I do all that crap but if your goal is 50 rh then no need to mess with jars. Tell ya what next time split your harvest and use half for low & slow fridge cure then put into jars and other half do your traditional dry hang then jars for burping and then wait to see which bud you like best a month or two later... low & slow is great on terps, & taste

@datfatboi

Hi and :welcome: to 420.

once the buds are between 58-62% in the closed jar, open them once a day for a week and if the RH of the buds in the jar is staying stable at that stage then open once every couple of days for a week, then once a week for a month and then once a month for a few. That’s what I’ve picked up around here over the years and how I do it now.

Once your buds are below 58% they are not curing anymore and there is very little point burping jars. It is just dry. Over dry really.

:Namaste:

Forgive the old picture - it just saves uploading a new one. I agree with the other guys. I use a hygrometer and put the sensor end in, or the whole thing if it doesn't have an extendable sensor.

I open once a day while they exceed 60% RH. As soon as they are stable at 60%, i open them once a week. Every now and then i'll remove them from the jar completely.

I usually dry for as long as possible. Once the stems bend, and start to snap in the core. I put them in paper bags for a couple of days. Then into Jars. All personal preference of course, and works with my environmental conditions :peace:

wait, not sure if that's a joke or if you're being serious lol. please explain
Hi. Keep a 62 Boveda in the jar. They don't last forever, so check them to see if they need replacing (stiff). I still burp jars after months (when I remember). I don't know what is best for long term (years). I have some that is well over 2 years.

The boveda packs can also easily be rehydrated when they dry out and start forming crystals. Just leave them in a bowl of water for a while. You don’t want them to swell up completely- just sort of medium-plump as they were when you bought them.

The boveda packs can also easily be rehydrated when they dry out and start forming crystals. Just leave them in a bowl of water for a while. You don’t want them to swell up completely- just sort of medium-plump as they were when you bought them.
Thanks brother I didn't know that. :peace:

They’re reusable indefinitely. You can also rehydrate them by basically the same way we were talking about it with the bud, by just putting them in a moist environment -but it takes a loooong time.

Bottom of this post I show the soaking method. Weasel Forges Ahead

I did not know that. Actually put them in water to soak? For how long?

Back
Top Bottom