How long to flush coco & is there always fading?

celticlyle

Hey guys and girls I am growing in Coco coir/ Perlite mix (70/30) with advanced nutrients A&B + Big bud + Overdrive all of which have been used within the grow. I have not fed anything since last Thursday Night. As of last Saturday I initiated the flush by putting around 20-25 litres of 5.6-5.8 PH'd water through each 16 litre fabric pot, the water seems very clear now .
I have a been feeding daily watering of PH'd water since which is now 4,5 days ago til atleast 25-30% run off.
Should I be seeing fading in the leaves before I chop or is this not always the case? I may have been slightly heavy handed with the nutrients over the flowering cycle, this may be a cause?
I have some amber Tricomes appearing all over the plants to a desirable personal amount 5% at time of speaking and everything else is lovely and milky so I would really like to chop Friday/ Saturday which is a solid 9 days after the last feeding and 7 days after the major flushing and start of pure water feedings.
I am planning to plunge them into 48 hours of darkness and water less time before harvest to increase resin production and hopefully dry the plant out a bit.. then going for a 14 day whole plant hanging dry followed by a minimum of 2 week+ cure

Any help or advice much appreciated!

Hi,
You'll be fine chopping on Friday/Saturday. Fan leaves don't always turn yellow. If flushing coco, about a week is recommended. No need for pH'ed water though.
Next time no need for perlite, coco does better without.

Drying the plant whole is the best way if you ask me. I use a serrated bread knife or similar and cut the plant by the roots as deep as I can manage. I use 4 diagonal cuts. Wash roots and hang to dry. For the first 3 days with light, then in darkness until ready. When leaving the roots the plant will be alive for a few days and do its photosynthesis stuff. Also leave most leaves. If done this way the plant will be more or less cured once it's dry.

Oh that is some real nice information there :thumb:
I take it I do not want to be using ph'd water so it causes them to not be able to feed at all?
I am definitely hanging the plant whole minus the big fan leaves and i shall look into the root thing you mentioned!

Flushing is for toilets.
Do you not flush at all? I have read a lot online saying that its a very debated topic.
What is your method? I am very interested in knowing everyone's method. The main reason I have planned a flush into my grow was because my local growers all swear by the flush. This is only my 3rd grow ever. :yummy:

Do you not flush at all? I have read a lot online saying that its a very debated topic.
What is your method? I am very interested in knowing everyone's method. The main reason I have planned a flush into my grow was because my local growers all swear by the flush. This is only my 3rd grow ever. :yummy:
No, I don't flush.......I feed to harvest. I don't overfeed.......I do frequent feedings with weak nutes.
You can flush the medium but it's impossible to flush the nutrients out of the plant.
Why would you withhold food at the most important time for flower production?

A couple of years ago I flushed one plant for a couple of weeks and didn't flush the others.......there was absolutely no difference in taste or harshness. Drying and curing properly is what makes a smooth smoke.......not flushing.

Different strokes.

No, I don't flush.......I feed to harvest. I don't overfeed.......I do frequent feedings with weak nutes.
You can flush the medium but it's impossible to flush the nutrients out of the plant.
Why would you withhold food at the most important time for flower production?

A couple of years ago I flushed one plant for a couple of weeks and didn't flush the others.......there was absolutely no difference in taste or harshness. Drying and curing properly is what makes a smooth smoke.......not flushing.

Different strokes.
WOW that's very interesting..makes sense really to. Being a inexperienced grower that I am for my next grow I shall do exactly the same for 1 of my girls.. Worth as shot at least so I know by experience for myself. Thanks very much for the input greatly appreciated.
Also i have already flushed all my plants and been feeding them water for the past 2,3 days. Too late this time round for any changes to the feeding schedule but I am up for trying this next run I have ready for the oven as soon as these girls come down:morenutes:

Back
Top Bottom