How to Make New Contacts?

GreenTree

I moved to a new area towards the middle of 2008. I like it and all, but I haven't been able to meet cool people who have similar smoking interests. I'm sure there is green floating around. I just haven't met the right people yet.

So, I have a question for the community: When you move to a new city, how do you make new contacts?

Surely you don't go up to random people and ask... do you? Seems like a good way to get arrested.

:peace: :passitleft:

Re: How to Make New Contacts???

I hang out at bars a lot too :cheesygrinsmiley:

Even in bars... you'd still have to ask the question "Do you smoke?" I guess that would make it a less threatening environment though.

Not much a of drinker, particularly not in bars. I prefer the comfort of smoking around the house or at a friend's place. I'm also a photographer.. like to smoke and then get behind the lens. Speaking of... I think my photos are much worse since I haven't smoked in nearly 2 months. Less creative.

Other ideas on meeting new contacts?

Wow... you guys must have balls (or backbone in your case Ms Fox). I guess Im too nervous/paranoid to ask random people "so, do you smoke marijuana". It sounds to me like some really odd pickup line:

"Hey girl, wanna get high? I got a sack that will leave you begging for more?"

Meh... I'm too chicken I guess. I know, I'll practice on the woman who works at my local convenient store. She looks like a stoner anyway.

your allowed to change the wording to the situation :cool:

i know someone who always used this method when new people moved into the neighborhood. it always worked for him and he had lots of smoking buddies.

i've been married for over 30 yrs so i don't do much talking to strangers in bars.

I've got it... I'll just where this TShirt around. That way I dont have to be nervous about asking :slide:

gotweed.jpg

GreenTree,

I hear ya !!!! Same city, same situation. Virginia Highlands and Little Five Points bars are the best bet in this town. I'm north in Gwinnett and I don't do the bars. I'm screwed.

Idk about you but about 75% of the time I can usually tell if someone smokes mj by talking to them for more then 15 minutes idk maybe that's just me but most of the time I am right lol.
An I'd agree with going to the bar or a nightclub those are the best places to meet new people who are 420 friendly.

PEACE :peace:

that's the first question i ask anyone i meet and i always have some on me...
don't be so scared, half of this country smokes Cannabis on a regular basis, get used to it, become more comfortable with it...
Cannabis has been used for medicine, industrial and recreational purposes worldwide since 12,000bc and it's here to stay...;)

you: so do you smoke marijuana?
them: no
you: oh good, it seems like everyone i meet is a pothead

alternate:

you: so do you smoke marijuana?
them: yes
you: :cheesygrinsmiley:

I do it the same way. Except leave out the MJ. If they reply with "cigarettes?" in that familiar "yeah I smoke pot" tone then you're in.

I like to drop suttle hints... if you get to talkin to someone and comfortable with the conversation, have the same intrests, alot in common...thats the best time to drop a "Damn i could really go for a joint right now, you know?" if they are a smoker they will give you the smile and Yea look. Or "Hey do you smoke?" is always a good one. I agree leave out the MJ part.

If someone straight up asked me "Do you smoke marijuana?" first thing that would pop in my head is NARK. But thats me.

I'm just baffled at the notion that it could take anyone more than say, one day, to get straight there...Fulton...DeKalb and NG are hotbeds with rare droughts...maybe you just got unlucky...hang in there brother

:cheesygrinsmiley:Where are the coffee houses of the old days? Anyone play bongos?
And sit around old wooden spools from the telephone and power company. Potry readings, ooops I meant poetry readings. It is easy to find pot smokers, just by the smell of their cologne. lol

Idk about you but about 75% of the time I can usually tell if someone smokes mj by talking to them for more then 15 minutes idk maybe that's just me but most of the time I am right lol.
An I'd agree with going to the bar or a nightclub those are the best places to meet new people who are 420 friendly.

PEACE :peace:

I doubt it. Rarely would I ever get into a favorable weed discussion. I know I just did not look like a pothead. But, if you had asked me (not you specifically, I mean any pothead), as long as I wasn't at work or away from my folks, I'd be down. I remember going with the stoner friend of mine on a trip to another college. Everyone just offered him to light up; me, no one approached me. God, do I need a bong hit!

I know, I'll practice on the woman who works at my local convenient store. She looks like a stoner anyway.

Isn't that a requirement for working in a convenience store?
APPLICANT - What do you pay?
MANAGER - Not a penny more than the govt says we have to.
APPLICANT - What benefits do you offer?
MANAGER - Benefits? You get to wear a name tag and one of these stupid shirts.
APPLICANT - Then why the <****> would I want to work for you?
MANAGER - Well... We don't drug test our employees.
APPLICANT - I'm IN!!!

I heard someone say that they were checking out at one one day in the late 80s and this guy came in asking, "Did you get more papers yet?" and when the girl said they had not, someone muttered, "I just wish I had something to put INTO my papers." The guy looking for papers followed someone out to his truck...

Besides, she can tell you who the stoners are. (Hint: They buy papers from her.)

I do it the same way. Except leave out the MJ. If they reply with "cigarettes?" in that familiar "yeah I smoke pot" tone then you're in.

I was going to suggest that one lol. If you ask someone if they smoke and they reply, "Cigarettes?" then you know that they smoke... something else.

It is easy to find pot smokers, just by the smell of their cologne. lol

That's a fact. I used to work retail years ago and I always wondered why people would bother being so careful to leave their stuff in their vehicles when they smoked a bowl AFTER brushing their teeth.

The day-glow eyes were a little hint too.

And there was the one guy who apparently forgot that he'd stuck the joint behind his ear - or maybe he just didn't care lmao.

There are often "subtle" clues.

usually a good way to meet conects is at parties and gatherings there are always all kinds of people there. There is always someone selling something, my guess would be for you to get out meet some people party then bam here come the contacts

Back
Top Bottom