How many seeds can I ship from overseas in one go?

I mean does it really matter on the amount of seeds when it comes to stealth shipping?, the seeds are so tiny, does it really make a difference if it is 5 seeds or 30 seeds?
If a package can hide 5 seeds the same size package might not hide 30.

If all 30 are in one package and that package is inspected then all 30 are gone. But if there are 6 packages of 5 seeds each and five of those packages are inspected and one makes it through at least you have five seeds. "All your eggs in one basket" sort of thing.

If a package can hide 5 seeds the same size package might not hide 30.

If all 30 are in one package and that package is inspected then all 30 are gone. But if there are 6 packages of 5 seeds each and five of those packages are inspected and one makes it through at least you have five seeds. "All your eggs in one basket" sort of thing.

You just reminded me that the 30 seeds I had shipped to me a couple of seasons ago came in very small packaging, I remember being surprised that they used such small packaging for stealth shipping, the packaging was smaller than an envelope in length and width and only 2 cm in height.

That puts my mind at ease, the seed bank that will ship this bulk order uses much larger packaging.

When it comes to stealth shipping, it's usually more about the packaging than the number of seeds. Seeds are tiny, as you said, so shipping 5 or 30 won't raise eyebrows. What matters most is how the seller packages them to avoid suspicion. I had no issues with Herbies ordering about 25 seeds

You just reminded me that the 30 seeds I had shipped to me a couple of seasons ago came in very small packaging, I remember being surprised that they used such small packaging for stealth shipping, the packaging was smaller than an envelope in length and width and only 2 cm in height.

That puts my mind at ease, the seed bank that will ship this bulk order uses much larger packaging.
Could you add some merchandise in the same order so they would come packaged with, say, a T shirt or cap etc?

now-a-days at least for seeds there is no worry about the police coming to your door - sending seeds thru the mail are legal in the USA , even clones (they fall under an a "ag" classification

it's state by state. it will still net you jail time if you reside in the wrong place. check your local laws. stay stealth if you don't know.

even here in canada seed production and sales are supposed to be controlled by the province, not federally.

I live in an illegal state myself. Don't worry about quantity but what port it comes into the USA through. In the past ten years I have ordered around 100 seeds per year. One time as they came into JFK airport were they found by US customs. Customs took out the seeds and placed a filled out form about cannabis seeds are illegal, yours have been destroyed and a copy of this has been sent to someone. That was 6/7 years ago and I never heard back from any of the LE. I scanned a copy of the letter sent it to the seed broker who was in Spain, they resent the complete order for free, I spoke on phone with them and he said they willl send on another flight which enters through a different port. I did receive them but none grew. At different ports they do different things to incoming, radiation at most and it kills all seeds, period.
Why worry about that stuff now days. Some seeds are expensive here in the USA but my number 1 breeder now has a seed shop in Oregon, USA, I ordered some very fine seeds on Friday and had them in my hands on Tuesday, no customs, no radiation, 27 out of 28 growing nicely. Royal Queen is the breeder.

sending seeds thru the mail are legal in the USA , even clones (they fall under an a "ag" classification
I believe @Phillybonker is in one of the 'down under' continents, living and growing in one of the hardest countries to get seeds into. He is getting ready for the spring planting season while we will be wondering if our outdoor plants will ripen before winter shuts down all plant growth.

Isn't there a seed bank in that country -- thought I have heard some thing about it ??

they try to stop the movement of seed produced even inside the country. the UK is the same. getting it over a border is even harder.

I live in an illegal state myself. Don't worry about quantity but what port it comes into the USA through. In the past ten years I have ordered around 100 seeds per year. One time as they came into JFK airport were they found by US customs. Customs took out the seeds and placed a filled out form about cannabis seeds are illegal, yours have been destroyed and a copy of this has been sent to someone. That was 6/7 years ago and I never heard back from any of the LE. I scanned a copy of the letter sent it to the seed broker who was in Spain, they resent the complete order for free, I spoke on phone with them and he said they willl send on another flight which enters through a different port. I did receive them but none grew. At different ports they do different things to incoming, radiation at most and it kills all seeds, period.
Why worry about that stuff now days. Some seeds are expensive here in the USA but my number 1 breeder now has a seed shop in Oregon, USA, I ordered some very fine seeds on Friday and had them in my hands on Tuesday, no customs, no radiation, 27 out of 28 growing nicely. Royal Queen is the breeder.
I didn't know they use radiation to kill seeds, that's interesting. I would have had a big rant at the seed bank if all my seeds failed to germ, not knowing the seeds got killed going through a port.

I believe @Phillybonker is in one of the 'down under' continents, living and growing in one of the hardest countries to get seeds into. He is getting ready for the spring planting season while we will be wondering if our outdoor plants will ripen before winter shuts down all plant growth.
Yep I'm in New Zealand and I had 20 Jamaican Dream seeds stopped by customs last year. I believe the problem was the seeds were coming from a "hot" country (the Netherlands) so my package got more scrutiny. Oddly the package was resealed and arrived with no problems while the tracking indicated the package never left the airport.

Shame that you asked so late, Mr. Nice (Howard Marks) would have been able to tell you. He was dealer to CIA, FBI, MI5, MI6, Moussad, and about every other big deal you can think of.

Back
Top Bottom