How much time does my plant have left?

Thank you everyone for the answers!I decided that i'm gonna chop her down on 25th of december a little bit after midnight when my parents are sleeping.She is gonna smell really bad :D.But I have one more question. Its 0:32 AM when I'm writing this.The lights are still on and they gonna switch off at 5 AM in the morning.So she has 4 and a half more hours in lamp light and the lights are going off and they should switch back on at 5 PM afternoon.Should I give her lights until I chop her when the lights come back,or should I just leave her in complete darkness?I read that somewhere that leaving the plants in complete darkness for sometime before harvest could improve potency and it could be more resinious.

Looking great, but just realized we’ve missed the elephant in the room and you need help immediately…

Haze35 you are at risk of fire using cardboard and you cannot upgrade that light without also getting a tent or a different setup…. I would strongly advise you to shut down immediately at harvest and do not light up again until you can regroup…. low budget is cool but risking life & limb is not. I know it sounds harsh but sent with much love

Our very own Bill284 recently had a house fire. BRB with a link >>>>> How to prevent a disaster

but dayum you did one hella job in a freaking box dude or dudette!!! Seriously that’s jammin nice flowers for the small space. I will add it’s more difficult to grow in a confined space, there is a law of nature than an organism cannot exceed the size of its environment so yup bigger space = the potential for a bigger plant having more yield.

yeah seriously tho shut her down at the chop and please read that link above
Thank you for the answer and the tips.I totally agree with you that it is risky to grow in a cardbox like this,but this is how I could do it currenlty.I don't know if it reduces the risks of fire but I used Philips (I don't know if it matters but they arent the no name cheap chinese bulbs) 18W bulbs and the timer for the lamps are connected into an antisurge connector(not the cheap chinese type).Also the heat was not a problem in the box even at summer there was OK temperature inside the box.

So she has 4 and a half more hours in lamp light and the lights are going off and they should switch back on at 5 PM afternoon.Should I give her lights until I chop her when the lights come back,or should I just leave her in complete darkness?
In the grand scheme of things those 4 and a 1/2 hours of light will not make much difference if you are holding to your plan to harvest sometime on the 25th of December a little bit after midnight. If you want to wait a few days so you can try leaving it in total darkness for a couple of days then turn off the lights as soon as you are ready.

Have fun with the harvest either way.

Hi everyone!

So the harvest was pretty smooth.I cut down the plant on the 25th of Dec.It is drying since then on open air.I rotated the buds around every 4-5 hours on the papers.

These are the buds freshly harvested.

Fresh buds 1.jpg

Fresh buds 2.jpg

Fresh buds 3.jpg

And these are the buds while drying.The buds have a grassy,chlorophyl smell when I smell them.When I touch the buds it has a sweet,citrusy and earthy smell.The buds feel really dry to the touch,but the stems won't snap to bending.The stems on the tiny buds are snapping when I'm bending them,but the bigger ones currently not.When can I put them in glass jars?

Dry Buds 1.jpg

Dry buds 2.jpg

Dry buds 3.jpg

The buds were in the jar for one day.I have been burping the jar regurarly and two times at yesterday I poured out all the buds on papers for fresh air for like 5-15 minutes then put the buds back in.Today when I smelled the curing and jarred up buds they had a pleasant flowery and weed smell,but in the back ground I smelled a little bit of grassy/hay smell.A hour and a half ago I poured out the buds for fresh air.I wanted to check the smell of the empty jar and it smelled like piss and the smell had a disguisting smell in the back ground.The buds doesnt smell like that.They have a grassy,flowery and a little weed smell.When I touch them they have the regular good citrusy smell they had in flowering.Did I put them in the jar too early?They are out in oper air now.I also checked the buds and so far I didn't find any signs of mold.

Do the buds still feel dry to your touch, or have they softened/moistened up a lot? Piss is definitely not a smell you want, not sure why you would smell it in the jar and not on the buds tho. Fresh air is the best choice if you think something unpleasant is brewing, keep them out for a couple/few hours before returning them to the jar (assuming they are dry enough to put back in)

Thank you for your reply!The buds them self are really really dry when I'm touching them.Some buds have stems and the stems are not cracking when I bent them only the tiny popcorn nugs stems cracking.I read that somewhere that I should squeeze the buds and check that if the buds let out an ammonia or piss like smell.I checked and they don't smell like piss to squeezing.They smell citrusy and a bit grassy and flowery and a bit like weed should smell.I rolled up the tiniest(around a microdose of a bud) wiht tobacco.The taste isn't bad,a little bit spicy but it doesn't taste like the way it is smelling to the touch but not bad.I didn't cough and it wasn't harsh to my throat.And I can definitly feel the THC.The buds are currently on open air because I cleaned the jar with clean water for like 5 times about 4 hours ago.I'm planning to put them back in the jar in the afternoon or in the evening and then see how it goes.

These are the buds right now.They feel bone dry outside to the touch,but they are sticky because the buds are very frosty.Smell without touching them is like grass(not like weed) but when I touch them they smell sweet and flowery.The buds look brown on the pictures but they are actually light green and frosty.

buds 1.jpg

buds 2.jpg

buds 3.jpg

buds 4.jpg

buds 5.jpg

buds 6.jpg

Update:I rolled up another spliff with more weed in it.The taste is citrusy,sweet and spicy.Nothing suspicious like coughing or chest pains, and I really like the taste sofar,but the taste is not full,could be better.The effect of the weed is slow and creeper.The smoke is really smooth.

Yeah well I'm a bit uncertain,because when I poured out all the buds the last time yesterday,the jar had a piss like smell with a disgusting smell in the background when I smellled it. =/

Yea you mentioned that, but mold can't grow in completely dry conditions. Well, I guess, I did ask how the buds are and you answered they are still dry to the touch, I should have asked, were they dry to the touch when you initially took them out of the jar and smelled the odor? Pick up one of the largest buds and squeeze it between two fingers, is it spongy like it is still soft and moist inside, or is it actually dry-dry? If spongy, sniff each bud individually after squeezing it, make sure one didn't develop mold inside of the bud.

Yes they were totally dry when I took them out of the jar.I didn't feel any moisture on thr buds .When I squeezed them they were just a tiny bit spongy and when I squeezed them they emitted a beautiful flowerey, sweet and a little bit grass smell.

Update:I put all of the buds back into the clean jar about an hour ago. They were poured out on open air on papers for like 6-7 hours.The buds in the jar now smell flowery and sweet. When I really dig my nose into the jar and take a big sniff I can still smell that wierd smell in the back ground, but I really have to take a big sniff to smell it. Think I'm just gonna leave them in there for some hours and continue the burping and the ocasional pouring into open air and see how it goes. I'm gonna check the smell and the buds regurarly.

Back
Top Bottom