How To Clone A Cannabis Plant

Allow me to put my 2 cents worth in. This is the method I use and have had great success with. I use coco coir pots (2"-3") fill with soil ( Sunshine Mix #4)poke hole in soil, tap rooting powder into hole. Take cutting from the mother plant (scrape, slit, scarify or not) wet and roll in rooting powder. Now put the clone in the hole and gently pack in. I put the pots into an opaque plastic container and mist them as needed. El cheapo greenhouse. I`ve enjoyed great success using this method. Maybe this was a nickels` worth. Hope it may help someone.
Peace & Great Growin`
YR

PS to my last post. When the clones are ready, transplant pot and all....no transplant shock.

Can you explain your cloning style? id also like to avoid the rockwool and instead use soil lightly packed around clone.... feels more natural to me?

Can you explain your cloning style? id also like to avoid the rockwool and instead use soil lightly packed around clone.... feels more natural to me?

Please read my earlier post # 121. I thought I explained it the best I could. If you have a specific question please ask it. I don`t know much but i`ll try to answer it. I`ve always had real good luck using this method.

Peace & Great Growin`
YR

WizHigh;
IMHO...I want at least 4 sets of leaves to make a clone. Bottom set gets clipped off and gets buried. You want at least 3 sets of leaves above ground.

How soon or developed does the branches have to be to start taking clones? The reason I'm asking is my one plant has gone under so much problems and instead of growing from seed again I want to clip clones from it. I don't even want to put it into loekwaste. I need asap help

I wait until I have at least 4 nodes before taking cuttings. It isn't so much this as the fact that one shouldn't take more than 30% of the existing leaves/stems off the mother or else she'll go deep into shock and you risk death. The cutting should have 2-3 pairs of leaves, and I remove the fan leaves also.

My clones have rooted and are under full light for a few weeks but have yet to grow any green leaves...What am I doing wrong?any ideas?

What medium did you clone it in? I have found when going from the rock wool cubes to soil that the plant tends to be in a bit of shock for a while before really starting to take off with growth again. Also, are leaves yellowing or just not developing any new growth? If the existing leaves are staying green then I think you are probably fine.

I have roots starting in 4 to 7 days with my cloning recipe, " Grow Baby Grow" :peace:
DSC_00412.JPG

Great Stuff, I will be taking on this adventure for the first time very soon. Your are so correct too, One of the things that has stopped me from cloning is the thought of "hurting" one of my girls, The other is losing a potenial bud for an experiment (even though I know its been done for years my mother use to clone plants on the window sill using a small Switch from a Willow tree.) One question though is there an optimal temp that you want to keep and Humidity as well also should I keep the light off for a time in the beginning 12 hrs, 14 hrs 24 hrs?

I have cloned in a homemade aerocloner several times and have had great success. I recently have tried the GLR on some Masterkush an indica dominate hybrid of kush/skunk. I used the exact routine for cloning:
1 cut bottom branches on a 45,
2. scrape stem about 1/2" to 3/4"
3. dip in cloning powder
4. place in a neoprene collar and place in my cloner with a few drops of Superthrive in a 5gal rez.
5. run cloner 1min on 1min off.
instead on a dome I utilize a humidifier in an open cabinet that maintains humidity between 80-100%. Rez temps and ambient air are about 72F, I do this to maintain fresh 02 while keeping high humidty.
It has been 10+ days and no sign of rooting. some leaves are turning yellow even necrotic while still retaining some green. Past experience has produced root nodules in 4-5 days and a developed root system in 10 days.
So, my question is do you think that GLR lighting is causing me problems? As I understand this routine maintains a high level of flower hormones while still maintaining the plant in a veg cycle.
If anyone has experience cloning using GLR or Masterkush I would really appreciate some input

thank much in advance

I am rather new to cloning, I have tried to clone a couple of times using just plain water like I do for my regular house plants and let 'em root and then transplant into pots,but after several unsuccessful tries I decided to try something different and after reading through several postings on here I thought I would check my local WalMart for some help and I found a product Planters' Pride GEL 2 ROOT, it looked OK so I thought I would give it a try. It has been about 3 days now and I do see some rootage growing out...has anyone else used this product? How long does it take until they can be potted? I will continue with this product and hopefully I will have better results then previous tries...:)

I use the clip the tip method and fing the results to be excellent. Big leaves even in a moisture dome cause a strain on the clone and you do not want this. Happy plants (think of the clipping more as a nail trim) are healthy plants and healthy plants give a better yield. :)

i choose the sour diesel strain for the mother!
followed the directions to a "T" !!
I ONLY LOST 3 CLONES OUT OF 12!!
best advice on taking clones ive come across... well done..
Mick...from oz..

Back
Top Bottom