How To Clone A Cannabis Plant

I have a little 2x4 that i veg seedlings in, so keeping the humidity up shouldn’t be too difficult, what humidity is good for a fresh clone in soil
Yeah, definitely not 90%, that's too much. Even when using a dome there should be some air holes to allow for some venting. Too much humidity will rot the clones, or at least make them weak so they need the dome to survive, and then they're harder to harden off.

In the spring, summer and fall I don't use a dome at all, but in the dryness of winter I have found I do need one.

Keep in mind plants produce three different types of roots depending on their environment; soil, water and air. So matching your rooting process to your grow style makes to easier to transition them.

So @Absorber 's water based cloning system will work best for transitioning to hydro or coco where the medium is wet all the time. I never had much success with water based cloning systems and the ones that did root had a hard time transitioning to my soil based system, but depending on the initial root system established there are growers that have no issues at all. Very individual.

My guess you do a few more than whats needed….to ensure success ??
Most definitely, but not for the reason you stated. Once you find a process that works for you you'll get a very high success rate.

What I have found is that  every batch of clones I've ever done has had one or two clones that are substantially better rooted than the others, so I go a bit Darwin on them and only select the best of the best to grow on. My worms get the rest.

20240212_000150.jpg
20240212_000226.jpg

Pretty sure you can get different styles outlets too to suit your country
Not on the River, and their site doesn't have a purchase option, so maybe need to find a distributor. :confused:

So @Absorber 's water based cloning system will work best for transitioning to hydro or coco where the medium is wet all the time. I never had much success with water based cloning systems and the ones that did root had a hard time transitioning to my soil based system, but depending on the initial root system established there are growers that have no issues at all. Very individual.
I think the hydroline plays a big part in it as you can see in the first picture the roots from the bubbler lots of them then once transitioned to the hydroline ( for clarity i pimped mine with 3d printed parts for the pucks) you end up with a mass of roots which helps to transition them to Hydro DWC ,Coco or Dirt .
The trick to the bubbler cloner is the time schedule 5sec on every 5min for bare cuttings not in medium of any description i think @RETRIX was the one I asked about his bubbler times and he was nice enough to reply. I just added the @Mars Hydro hydroline to the equation

The trick to the bubbler cloner is the time schedule 5sec on every 5min for bare cuttings not in medium of any description
I think you're on to something there. My diy version was air stones in a reservoir and they created bubbles that pop at the surface spitting water at otherwise air based cuttings. My timer is in 30 minute blocks which is way too long and lets them dry out, so it was either always on or 30 minutes on 30 off. I chose always on with poor results.

I hate to count my chickens, but im revegging a harvested plant and hoping to do clones this spring or summer. As some may know im 3wks into turning her back into a thriving vegetative Mom.

Looks like you guys might know a thing or two about cloning ???

are you revegging an original harvested plant or revegging cuttings taken from the original plant ? they are two different processes. the first is actually a monstercrop.

I think you're on to something there. My diy version was air stones in a reservoir and they created bubbles that pop at the surface spitting water at otherwise air based cuttings. My timer is in 30 minute blocks which is way too long and lets them dry out, so it was either always on or 30 minutes on 30 off. I chose always on with poor results.

in all dwc including bubble cloning constant aggressive bubbles are the key. the more the better.

Back
Top Bottom