How To Clone A Cannabis Plant

Usually the advice is to cut just below a node so it is buried in the medium and them to remove all growth from any nodes/branches above that except for the very top few. But, cloning is a very individualized thing and you'll find a strategy that works for you.

I'm confused . I see videos showing other plants like flowers etc , and they cut below the node . Is marijuana different ,or is either good enough ?
The line you quoted reads as if @Profit left all the leaves and anything else growing from the lower nodes on the stem he or she cut off because they thought it would 'shock' the cutting.

Cutting off everything growing out a node point does not necessarily remove the node itself. It is still there and a scar will form over it. Removing everything does reduce the possibility that new growth will ever start back up from that point on the stem.

hempy cup cloning is the easiest way i've ever done it. i only take enough for the next run now as it pretty much is good 100% of the time.

full

that one was a powerplant reveg i took later in flower. it got left too long and i literally had to give it a trim before up pot. you can transplant from hempy cup to any media you like.

Don't forget the rooting hormone i use drip and gro its an acid not a gel i get roots right up the stem at the node and beyond but gel and powder works too.
Powder works but you can't use it in a clone machine ✌️
Don't even need the rooting hormone. I don't use it at all and they root fine. It can help if you're having issues getting roots to strike, but totally not necessary.

Your right,but not everyone has the same skills

i really don't use gel or rooting hormone either anymore. mostly cause i always forget lol
i think i still might have some gel. i generally score the stalk and that's about it.

if you have the right conditions, you can just about nail it every time. i've cloned a few different ways and after a try or two it really becomes just an afterthought.

biggest issue with clones is you can seriously wind up with way too many. :p

Well i thought we're trying to help ppl here i figured if they are asking about Clones why not teach them the easy way first they can figure out their own method later but ok ✌️

Once they get good at it besides for a couple bucks why not get a cup of gel or something to have on the shelf like the elf Incase of issues? like me im not the sharpest tool in the box!

If you're ending up with to many why do you start so many?? I only do what i need no extra I have problems with throwing a living plant away so i ok only do a couple at a time like you say you end up with 2 many been there!

Like beans, need 2 start 2 all set no extra

That's what's nice about this site sooooo many different ways ppl do things and its all about the comfort level and experience of the grower that depends on how they do things!!
✌️ To everyone here and thank you for all the different ways 🙏 of doing things that's what makes the world 🌎 go round

Why the five posts on the same thought? You know you can edit an earlier post for a while if you want to add something, right?

And, I do like @bluter does in taking many more clones than needed. I usually take 5-10 cuttings for every one I need. There are always one or two that are clearly better than the rest which allows me the chance to pot up the healthiest from the bunch.

You don't see that if you only take the number you need.

If you're ending up with to many why do you start so many??
I take more as a way to plan ahead. I am doing a perpetual grow based on clones so I need to keep the next batch of plants ready for when the time comes.

Having 10 cuttings start to root and grow when I only have room for 3 plants is a lot better than ending up with none and having to do it again. Taking 10 cuttings and having 8 start to root is just an minor inconvenience in comparison.

Seeds are a bit different. I plant a new seed or two because I am looking for a change. If one does not sprout or ends up dying shortly after starting then it means starting over with another seed;). No big problem.

I do that because im computer Illiterate...
I figure it is harder to figure out all the electronic stuff on newer cars than it is to figure out this or any other message board:). If you can switch out your little avatar picture and have a green elf for Christmas then most of the other stuff is easy;).

If you post a message and realize that you have more to put in then look just under the previous msg and see if there is an "Edit" button. You have 420 minutes after posting a message to edit mistakes or add something you forgot. You can take out everything typed in and replace it with a new msg. Only thing you cannot do is leave a message with absolutely no words. Only you or a moderator can edit your messages.

I am not sure if Bluter is talking about exactly the same thing but if you add several replies one after the other every minute or two it throws off the point you were trying to make; at least that is what I feel happens. I go back and read them all again to see what changed or if you forgot something.

If you get a chance click on everything that looks like a link and see where it takes you when you are on the 420 Magazine site. If you go somewhere that is for just the owners and moderators you will get a msg saying so. Otherwise there are some really interesting pages. Some of them giving tips on how to use the photo gallery as an example.

The only time i start extra is if im going to try something crazy and new otherwise I got ALL my focus on getting 100% turnaround from seed or clone all the way through flower but things happen I get that, has happened to me, and Will keep happening!
What ive found for me is to have enough in my jars to let me make a mistake or to and still not worry about it.
I have a pretty simple recipe for my garden ever now and again I dare venture outside the norm and I have ritual i go through and it usually works pretty good Repeatability is 🗝️ not I get 10 out of 20 clones to start this time then 12 out of 15 the next and so on.
No repeatability there ! It would lead me to reconsider how im doing things but that's just me😎✌️

Powder works but you can't use it in a clone machine

are you running an aerocloner ? those are pretty foolproof. they are common in commercial grows here where they do a few hundred at a time.

Back
Top Bottom