How to find a seed bank with solid genetics

I have had good genetics from Pacific seed bank if you want one more local source for your list.
That company gets a thumbs down from me. Some creative googling turns up plenty of unhappy reviews from others.

I'm impressed with Coffee Shop Seeds' selection, but haven't ordered from them yet.

One thing to look for are breeders who put dates on their seed packs, for example, this one. So this is one good approach... look for a respected breeder who has varieties you'd like to try, and then ask them who carries their seeds (if they don't sell them directly).

That company gets a thumbs down from me. Some creative googling turns up plenty of unhappy reviews from others.

I'm impressed with Coffee Shop Seeds' selection, but haven't ordered from them yet.

One thing to look for are breeders who put dates on their seed packs, for example, this one. So this is one good approach... look for a respected breeder who has varieties you'd like to try, and then ask them who carries their seeds (if they don't sell them directly).
I should have clarified that. Pacific seeds sells house seeds called original harvest but also is a redistributor, shipping from Cali. The redistributor part was what I was referring to. I ordered ace and nirvana seeds through there during the pandemic shipping block. Excellent seeds as usual. I also ordered a few original harvest seeds to try them out, and received a few free ones.

Even with everything being closed and shipping gridlocked, they arrived in the midwest in 2 weeks. I ordered Original harvest seeds for plants I have grown many times so I could compare. The original harvest genetics were good, and the plants grew like previously genetics I've have in the past. My only problem was germination rate with house seeds. Almost half would not crack open because they were not mature. They had to wait until I had space in the grow room so I didn't germinate them until 8 months after ordering. The guarantee had expired. The germination rate was lower than my 40 year old seeds I still grow. So it wasn't that they got too old.

Plant all of the seeds you order immediately. Photo document the process. That is the only way they will replace bad seeds. But the ones that grow are good plants. The seeds I received were just harvested too early.

I should have clarified that. Pacific seeds sells house seeds called original harvest but also is a redistributor, shipping from Cali. The redistributor part was what I was referring to. I ordered ace and nirvana seeds through there during the pandemic shipping block. Excellent seeds as usual. I also ordered a few original harvest seeds to try them out, and received a few free ones.

Even with everything being closed and shipping gridlocked, they arrived in the midwest in 2 weeks. I ordered Original harvest seeds for plants I have grown many times so I could compare. The original harvest genetics were good, and the plants grew like previously genetics I've have in the past. My only problem was germination rate with house seeds. Almost half would not crack open because they were not mature. They had to wait until I had space in the grow room so I didn't germinate them until 8 months after ordering. The guarantee had expired. The germination rate was lower than my 40 year old seeds I still grow. So it wasn't that they got too old.

Plant all of the seeds you order immediately. Photo document the process. That is the only way they will replace bad seeds. But the ones that grow are good plants. The seeds I received were just harvested too early.
Thanks for clarifying about "house seeds" vs distributor. They still get a thumbs down from me... I won't order from them anymore.

"WeedGuardianFamilyTree" "D.C. Seed Exchange" "Insane Seeds" "Attitude Seed" all these have great genetics and all are priced reasonable was Neptune Seeds mention some very old ones "Herbies Seeds" "Narvina Seeds" Have more

Back
Top Bottom