How to identify and control this disease?

Rohan21

420 Member

Need help to Identify possible disease. Both plants are white widows in flowering stages. Don’t know what disease this is and how I am able to stop it.
D6EA6D2A-C6D0-43DA-9DA5-0E552D59C563.jpeg

55C9951C-509E-4D62-B0D1-93EA788CC4E9.jpeg

95309921-DFBA-4A67-88D5-2B26D4DBC334.jpeg

8597AC2A-FEC6-4E91-82D7-F5E3625FBD91.jpeg

0AFF4281-4DF2-456F-B49B-6AA1BC055EA6.jpeg

Why do you think it to be disease? Looks like a classic deficiency to me.

What is your mix, what, and how often do you both water and feed?

Why do you think it's in flower? Is it an auto or a photo?

So many questions. :laughtwo:

BTW, welcome to :420:

It really doesn't look like fungis altereria. Could be the begining of a deficiency, but in my experience deficiencies rarely occur during veg, unless you're brutally under or over feeding, or under or over watering, or the PH is wonky. I don't see any pistils on the plant. Looks a lot like the plant may be starting to become rootbound or needs a touch more N. If there is a mold (and I don't think so) it's not the cause. In other words, the leaves are dying for another reason, and the mold/fungus is attacking the weakened leaves as a result.

Hey Rohan21,

Maybe it’s just me, does anyone else see that?? In the first photo just to the right of main trunk, is that a male? Looks like a ball on a stem….err dang its probs just my old eyes!

I’d be curious to know temp of that container during heat of the day… imho that’s a small container for an outdoors plant. Spread out, think I’d move them away from the wall for better airflow and put some space between the 2 plants.

ditto on Azi, there’s no way to troubleshoot without more info. What’s your soil mix? what size container? How old is your plant? How often do you water? How much volume of water? What nutrients are you feeding & how often?

welcome to 420 Mag!

Hey Rohan21,

Maybe it’s just me, does anyone else see that?? In the first photo just to the right of main trunk, is that a male? Looks like a ball on a stem….err dang its probs just my old eyes!

I’d be curious to know temp of that container during heat of the day… imho that’s a small container for an outdoors plant. Spread out, think I’d move them away from the wall for better airflow and put some space between the 2 plants.

ditto on Azi, there’s no way to troubleshoot without more info. What’s your soil mix? what size container? How old is your plant? How often do you water? How much volume of water? What nutrients are you feeding & how often?

welcome to 420 Mag!
Good catch! I also see some male signs in the 4th pic, on the main stalk about 1/3 of the way down.

Right back at you Phytoplankton, excellent catch yourself!!!

that #5 or the last pic looks suspect too,

might be good if the op gets more close up pics of the nodes, no sense wasting time growing out males.

if the op has any other weed plants I’d go out early spray them with water to defeat any open sacs / stray pollen then slip a bag over their heads and remove the males

With that slanted side pot, I'd guess this girl is also wishing for more root space.
Yes, those ornamental flower pots will look plenty big enough when it is a small plant but once it puts some size on it is time to transplant into a larger pot.

A commercial or landscaping pot will still have slanted sides but the angle is not as steep so they can hold more soil mix.

Need help to Identify possible disease. Both plants are white widows in flowering stages. Don’t know what disease this is and how I am able to stop it.
Looks like it is a classic case of a large plant in a small pot and now showing signs of Nitrogen and possibly Phosphorus deficiencies. Those tend to start to show up in the lower and older leaves and move up the plant. A Potassium shortage tends to also produce a yellow in the leaves but will often start in the top leaves and spread from there.

KIS Organics has a blog entry on figuring out the cause of yellowing leaves and @seaofgreen18 quoted it in a message in his bio-char thread:
https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/bio-char.528837/post-5762881

Adding a regular mild dose of a Nitrogen fertilizer to the feeding schedule will help to stop the progression of the yellow. Might even help to bring back some of the green but figure that most of the yellowing is there forever. Some Nitrogen fertilizers will also have small amounts of Phosphorus as part of the product. I tend to go with one of the fish fertilizers for these situations where a mild but fast acting Nitrogen is needed.

Why do you think it to be disease? Looks like a classic deficiency to me.

What is your mix, what, and how often do you both water and feed?

Why do you think it's in flower? Is it an auto or a photo?

So many questions. :laughtwo:

BTW, welcome to :420:
I think it's in flower. Swear I see balls on the plant.

Hey Rohan21,

welcome to 420 Mag!
I spotted that right away too.

Man, you flower spotters are good. I didn't see them even after you guys brought it up. I had to blow up the pictures and search to see what you were talking about.

Sadly, I'd have to concur that those look like early male bits (ball on a stick). :(

Back
Top Bottom