How'd I do?

sounds good thanks
and it doesnt seem to get too hot maybe its because of my crappy lighting which i need to replace lol
although there was a brown mark on one of the leaves idk if it was a burn though

i'd say just get the air moving more. that's solved more temperature problems for me than anything. just make sure the hot air is leaving the chamber/room/box (i forget what you've got, ha!) as for brown stuff. it's always been nutrient or pH problems for me when that happens.

Oh god i feared that lol, and this late in the grow without much cash thats going to be a huge problem if i need nutrients
When you say brown what do you mean?Because the white hairs on the tiny buds turned a bit brown and like i said there was the spot on one of the leaves

i wouldn't concern myself if the hairs are turning. unless it looks like she's dying. really when i say brown, it's the leaves. how late are you into the grow?

suggestions...
-maybe grab yourself one of those cheap pH meters. the green ones with the metal probes. not real accurate, but will give you an idea what you're dealing with.
-if you can, check the pH of the water you'r using.
-if you've got less than like 4 weeks left, i wouldn't bother with nutrients, maybe toss some composted soil or potting soil, that's got nutrients in it, on top and water.
-do flush your pots. straight clean water. just let it run through into a bucket below. that seems to solve many problems. (truth be told i need to flush more than the one time i usually do)

when it comes to nutrients, you don't need the most expensive stuff out there. i've used miracle grow before. actually a buddy of mine grew a 6' plant in his basement with dirt out of his garden, some sand and miracle grow. he watered with well water, on top of that. haha.

if the pH is up, make a water:vinegar (10:1) solution and add a bit at a time till your pH is down. if it's too low, baking soda will help to a point. from what i've read you want your pH around 6-6.5.

i hope that made sense/was helpful.

grow grow grow!

It did, and youve seen the pictures as too how late i am in the grow.
And thanks, it doesnt look like shes dying she actually looks good despite the crappy lights...although maybe shes just stretching?
Ill have to stop and get some lights this weekend.
You think for just one a twist in 40 watt white or blue cfl will be good?
Thanks again for all the help

for 1 plant. yeah, i don't seem why not. the more you can get, the better, but if you've got the one, it's a start. do make sure you pay attention to the temperature rating on the bulb.

what i mean is, on some bulbs is a temperature rating. ie. 6500k or 2700k or 5000k, etc. if my memory isn't out to lunch, i believe 2700k (or there abouts) is best for flowering. while the 6500K is better for flowering (it also lends itself to greater internodal distance).

i tried halogen once... don't bother.

thanks DVS. i'm thinking LST for the next batch. "pull tha bitch down" as my buddy calls it. haha.

as for ICE as a strain? i think that really depends on breeder. as i've only ever grown from one, i can only comment on their's. and here i go..

Ice is an easy strain to grow. it clones fairly well too. it's obviously a sativa/indica hybrid. just from looking and researching different strains as well as the genetics given by the breeder, i'd say she's about 60/40 sat/ind. i've actually been working with this particular plant for a while (you'll notice she's a reveg of a clone of a clone, from my 1st post) i've noticed that over time her genetics have shifted toward sativa dominance. both simple appearance and grow time lend itself to sativa dominance. I'm not sure if it is normal all plants degenerate over time like this, but she did for sure. As for taste/smoke. she's terribly potent. and with the appearance and grow properties, she's chanced her smoke and taste. at first, she had a lemony/peppery flavor. then developed a spiciness and lost the lemony flavor. another bud i'm smoking from the same plant (harvested quite early, 3 weeks) smells and tastes like wild sage and sends your mind soaring. then after about 45min -1hr, the couch lock sets in and you feel soooooo mellow. haha.

i love this strain and plan to keep growing it as long as i have a female. i even saved some pollen from a male and made some very healthy looking seeds.

there's my experience with ICE, hope it helps.

alright, after fighting the camera for too long, i borrowed another. here are some pics after she was cut, laid out and hung up to dry. i think i'm gonna enter one in the nug of the month.
m_0101.jpg

m_0303.jpg

m_0404.jpg

and my notm entry..

m_0202.jpg

toss me a vote? haha
420 Magazine's Nug of the Month Contest - October 2009

awesome news. that looks like it will keep you lit for a while. thanks for the info on the strain too. i am really leaning toward finding a couple clones of it.

i FIM, and LST. i do a normal FIM, then tie down severely. didnt get around to doing it on my romulan, but got it done on the blue dream this year. makes for a very high yield.

looks great keep up the good work.

no problem man.

i've never had much luck with FIM. i apparently can't miss. lol. how is romulan for a strain, btw. i've been doing some research and it looks like something i'd like to try..

(head bud weighed 78.8g wet)

fair enough. too bad, eh? i've been reading up lately on old strains, the hazes and skunks and golds of the days far before my time. and romulan was mentioned in passing so many times, it seems tied intrinsically to that time period..

right on man! what's crystal like?

oh, and i did the final dry weight. Exactly 28 grams. haha. just what i was hoping for.
:grinjoint:

IMG_10275.JPG

here's a nice, dried and nearly cured bud. :D

and a nice glamour shot for posterity.
IMG_10313.JPG

:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom