Huge ppm drop in less than 24 hours!

BrokrnEyes

So I drained the tank and added new nutrirnts and water yesterday with a ppm of 429. Checking today it's dropped to 263! The plant is a 27 day old white widow auto flower, I'm keeping the humidity at around 55 percent, feeding it flora nova grow 3.2 ml, superthrive plant vitamins .60 ml and plant rev great white (10th scoop), is this normal? The ph was 6.5 and I've since adjusted it (waiting for it to fully mix) but I was under the impression optimal ph for nutrirnt consumption was 5.8.

Granted I was not able to check the PPM levels for three days, but on Friday the decrease was between 60 and 70 ppm lost per day for about a week, what I'm seeing is over double that consumption rate, is this the result of a growth spurt or something and ready to happen then? Depending on what tomorrow's reading is, I am considering on increasing the flora nova to 4 mL, think that would be enough? ( I have her on a Monday Thursday feeding schedule, although if she eats as much as she did for the past 24 hours over the next 24 hours, I may have to feed her on Wednesday ).

In a healthy system a tanking pH is a basic sign of underfeeding.

Often times to really solve it you need to do a res change and up the nutes if it is real bad because the roots are reverse leaching and need to be taken out of this mode.

Yeah I had to feed her today, The sample that I pulled from the tank for the pH and PPM test was visibly almost clear ( typically it's an amber color Until it gets towards the next feeding)! I decided to feed her 5.0 ml floor nova grow and .60 ml of the super thrive, A bit more than I normally would but since I'm feeding her a day early I decide to give her a little bit extra nutrients to cover tomorrow so I can get her back on her feeding schedule As well as I observed a 10 point increase between ppm Measurements from yesterday to today (in total, 172 ppm lost in 24 hours) so I decided a bit extra nutrients might not be a bad idea ( I think i only only had about 90 PPM left in the system!).

I'm pretty confident that I caught it in time, I'm not seeing any obvious signs of distress in the leaves I do check the PPM and pH levels at least once a day around the same time So I'm hoping that from the plants perspective there wasn't an interruption in nutrient uptake. I have to say I'm rather curious now as to how much the plant revolution great white is assisting in the nutrient absorption for the plant, this is the first time they've used that product as well as it being the first time growing cannabis as well as closely monitoring these values I'm afraid I don't have any point of reference as to how effective it's being.

Doing some quick math, I may still have ended up shorting her by 30! If she increases her consumption by 10 points every day then I may be scanning my teeth by Monday morning, this is certainly getting interesting.

Great White and other similar products are awesome when used correctly (I make my own). For both the Fungi and Bacteria it will help to add some molasses product. For the bacteria it helps them breed and keep on trucking as they don't last that long. For the mycos it help with the symbiotic relationship where by the plant need not supply all of the sugar it needs.

If you are new to DWC there is a journal still active where I have explained everything a beginner needs to know. Give this a read when you have time. Many people tell me it is so in depth they have to reread it a few times and take notes. Many myths and misinformation are proven wrong in there. And it is still using beginner tactics to it easy to follow.

ClosetCase420's - RDWC - 600W MH/HPS - Wonder Woman - Grow Journal - 2015

Yeah I've heard that recommendation another forms regarding great white, how often would you recommend? A week? And how much would you recommend, but he's gone? I typically add 1/10 of the scoop that comes with it into the new water every week, I imagine that I am wasting it somewhat, but I got the 4 ounce container so I'm pretty sure I have enough great wait for a least a couple years.

As for DWC, I've actually been using DWC for about a year and a halo now, i've also doubled with more traditional hydroponic systems but I'm pretty comfortable with the DWC, particularly if it's partially top fed.

I plan on actually posting a drone myself once escrow is complete, so it's can be a start to finish type of journal.

Well it all depends on how sophisticated your system is and how well you run it. How often can you go between res changes?

The bacteria wont last very long like maybe 5 days or so. The fungi will last until the plant dies as it is a symbiotic role and grows on the roots.

Typically a good regimen is adding bacteria every 2 weeks. That way it give the res a week to build up stuff for them to work on. When introducing it mix it up and then pour it through the medium not directly into the res.

Most bacteria only lasts a few months. The fungi will be in spore form and wont be an issue but I don't know how long great white lasts. I think the premixed liquid form only lasts like 4 months from when you open the bottle. It should have some warning on the label.

I prefer to make my own...it works much better.

This is a good read. I put my recipe at the end. It has saved many grows on here...many people swear by it.

Tea Bag your DWC

:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom