Humidity too high?

tav

been grow my plant in a small little cubby i got about 60%
humidity. then recently i bought a 2x2x48" grow tent
and now it will go up to 70% is this to high?

humidity. then recently i bought a 2x2x48" grow tent
and now it will go up to 70% is this to high?
It's pretty humid here where I live, and I don't have any problems as long as I keep a fan circulating the air. I would keep a eye on it in flower..

humidity.
Most likely the humidity was lower in the cubby because it had better ventilation allowing the moist air to escape.

then recently i bought a 2x2x48" grow tent
and now it will go up to 70%
Most grow tents are a bit air tight. If you think that you will have to lower the humidity then consider opening one or more of any vent holes. One near the top and one at the bottom if the tent has them. Another option is to open the door when the lights on period starts and close it back up at lights off.

Most likely the humidity was lower in the cubby because it had better ventilation allowing the moist air to escape.

Most grow tents are a bit air tight. If you think that you will have to lower the humidity then consider opening one or more of any vent holes. One near the top and one at the bottom if the tent has them. Another option is to open the door when the lights on period starts and close it back up at lights off.
The OP also doesn't mention if he is using an exhaust fan, which would help, almost necessary in most tents.

The OP also doesn't mention if he is using an exhaust fan, which would help, almost necessary in most tents.
OP has posted several Qs in various threads
@tav put all your questions in one thread so we get a better idea of your setup

Yes, had noticed that.

But, I use the open tent door which works in my situation. The fan on the carbon filter used to exhaust to the grow room but it could not keep up with the excess heat and humidity when all the tent lights were on at the same time and the plants were contributing to the tent's humidity levels. So the open door and the filter now exhausts scrubbed air back into the tent.

it's harder to control humidity if you don't exhaust to outdoor. one to two plants in a 2x2 won't necessarily need dedicated outdoor exhaust depending on local climate, but anything larger begins to require it. if you have a normally warm or humid climate, you'll probably need outdoor exhaust even on the 2x2.

Back
Top Bottom