Hydro Grow: California Orange Bud

Thanks, Yes I enjoyed reading Ms. Fox's grow journal. She did a GREAT 1st Hydro grow. I think her clones would have done better if the actual cut {w/ new sterile razor blade} would have been made underwater, An embolism or bubble of air block the transpiration stream does cause it to wilt. Always place tip in warm not cool water very quickly anyway so stem sucks water not air, underwater cuts avoid this possibility. {Old School technique via Robert Connell Clark} Also I do not subscribe to the idea of switching hours back & forth, not that it cannot be done but a clone should be taken in full veg cycle detailed & labeled, then if your confident in your cloning technique you go to 12/12 with the other plants. Sex labeled clones according to what your labeled flowering plants are doing and your needs. Also I saw Ms. Fox's problematic root challenge which I think "maybe" was due to her ac going out (not sure of timing) and it might not have ever happen, other problems at the end were definately due to the high temp. The Products / techiniques to prevent or treat root probs worked for her to recover & save as we know. I can't remember if she used a TDS meter ($50 eBay) this would have helped alot with the possibility of over nutes. I am not sure why she had so many males there are so many varibles that could contribute to this it would be a conjecture. As thread shows seeds do need deluted nutes in cubes after gremination sprout (in hydro grow) I wonder if this might have been A cause. Using just Ph balanced H2o to germinate & take clones works. [back in the day rooting powder aka rootone F was all there was, much better stuff out now ]. For a First Grow inside a BB well the end results speak -No "SCREAM" for themself. I would like to add that she did a super job with the journal as well and I bet many learn from it including me for sure.
Thanks !

Simply Amazing! It took me a few hours spread out over a few days to get through this tread, but I am glad I made it!

After you gave me reps on my first grow I had to come check this out! You did a killer job! There is so much information in this tread I dont even know where to begin! But i am envious of your beautiful buds and great set ups! It seamed to me you had a ton of fun with this process! Hope you can do it again soon!

I just spoke to the owner, he is putting a splash page up with info or the old site back up while he works on the new site. He was completely unaware that he would freak some people out by this and is very sorry. Not all of us are web wizards. ;)

All is well and thanks for pointing this out to us!

Keeping an eye on this one and thanks for the help with my sprinkler heads. California Orange Bud, sounds delicious! :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom