Hydro Grow: California Orange Bud

Thanks notreallyhere! Lol! It's obvious I've never topped before, huh?

I found a somewhat of a pic tutuorial. I'm pretty sure I got it now. DaMagoMan and notreallyhere +reps! Thanks guys!

Thanks notreallyhere! Lol! It's obvious I've never topped before, huh?

I found a somewhat of a pic tutuorial. I'm pretty sure I got it now. DaMagoMan and notreallyhere +reps! Thanks guys!

TOPPING:

IMG_1539.JPG

The red arrow is where I cut my top. the green arrows (hard to see) is where the new tops grew out after the cut (top).

Now looking at one of the new tops you see where you should top at " red line". the blue arrows will be your new tops that grow out after you top. So its important not to cut those when you top. If you hit them on accident you are more than likely just fimming them and they will survive they will just grow out without points. This is actually FIMming (Fvck I Missed) if you intentionally did it to your top. I prefer topping over fimming.

Depending on how bushy your plant is this can be tough. Use very small pointy snips to get in there. You'll be please with the results. Hope this helps.

In a couple of weeks you will have 2 very nice thick sturdy cola's to be.

Here is bigstinky, I topped about 2 weeks ago.

IMG_1541.JPG

^Thanks soooo much for taking the time to do that. That was real nice of ya! I tried reppin ya, but I guess I've already given you too many. Sorry.

I've got the rockwool cubes soaking, so tomorrow it's game on! ;-) I'm really excited! Do yall think the stress of topping will increase the chances of my girl going hermie?

^Thanks soooo much for taking the time to do that. That was real nice of ya! I tried reppin ya, but I guess I've already given you too many. Sorry.

I've got the rockwool cubes soaking, so tomorrow it's game on! ;-) I'm really excited! Do yall think the stress of topping will increase the chances of my girl going hermie?

No problem. eager to give back to the community where I can.

I wouldn't top during flowering. Not sure if there is enough time it to regrow for buds. the tips do stretch a bit in flower but on my plants I'd like to see thick growth tips before going to flower. My 2 cents. I've never topped a flowering plant. I would say don't top inside of 2 weeks before flowering? give or take. Def. top those clones once they get going though. It will increase yield.

As far as stress due to topping during veg, my plants never complained. Of course I feed them a small dose of valium so they stay nice and stress free :)

When you cut anything on your plant like topping, clones, or just pruning safest practice is to keep the cutting instrument sterile. Alcohol and flame should be more than enough. I keep mine in alcohol sort of like how a barber keeps combs in barbicide :smokin:

Well, I do have the option of putting her back into veg, which I have no problem doing. I'm in no hurry. ;-) I just want a happy healthy plant.

I like the alcohol and flame idea. ;-) I disinfected my scissors with bleach, and I'll probably do it again just before I cut.

Well, I do have the option of putting her back into veg, which I have no problem doing. I'm in no hurry. ;-) I just want a happy healthy plant.

I like the alcohol and flame idea. ;-) I disinfected my scissors with bleach, and I'll probably do it again just before I cut.

Bleach has Chlorine I believe which is toxic to the plant. I would make sure they are dry before using or just stick with alcohol which evaporates fairly quickly. I could be wrong about the bleach thing may want to look further into it.

I've heard you can put diluted alcohol on a plant to rid mites and it doesn't harm the plant. If you top and reveg for 2 weeks or so I think you'll be happier with your results/yields Especially since you culled so many males out of the mix.

Nope! You are correct! Thanks! I'll use alcohol tomorrow. ;-) You've been so helpful. I will be revegging her then. She'll be happier in the end, and so will I. ;-)

I've never revegged a plant before, but wouldn't changing light cycles like that stress the plant out? guess we'll see...

BEST of luck madame fox, may your clones root quickly and your buds grow fat.

(pass the bong)

Hey Ms. Fox, I just read through your journal and it was a great read. Thanks a lot for posting. I feel a lot more confident about my upcoming hydro grow. A couple of my friends said to go the soil route just to be safe, but after I have read this I now know hydro is the only way to go. Good work and keep those updates coming!

I revegged a favorite indica/sativa I had growing outside this year as a back up plan if all my seeds I planted ended up males. I topped it way over half way thru flowering and used the top. (I didn't want it in my yard anymore). The chopped thing did absolutely nothing for 4 weeks in cloner box with low CFL lumens. I was about to toss it, as I pulled it out of the vermiculite I realized then it finally started rooting. I left it in 3 more days. I put her under 12/12 @ 125watt T-5 HO CFL. After the 3 days of rooting it started emitting stems out of the buds. Looked really cool. The leaves didn't look like pot leaves. It looked like a house plant for about 3 weeks until it finally started getting regular looking leaves. It branched out very stangely, and is now a bushy little bugger. I clipped it Sunday, and cloned 3 of the pieces of chopped. It is healthy and ready to rock. I am amazed what these plants can do....

I revegged a favorite indica/sativa I had growing outside this year as a back up plan if all my seeds I planted ended up males. I topped it way over half way thru flowering and used the top. (I didn't want it in my yard anymore). The chopped thing did absolutely nothing for 4 weeks in cloner box with low CFL lumens. I was about to toss it, as I pulled it out of the vermiculite I realized then it finally started rooting. I left it in 3 more days. I put her under 12/12 @ 125watt T-5 HO CFL. After the 3 days of rooting it started emitting stems out of the buds. Looked really cool. The leaves didn't look like pot leaves. It looked like a house plant for about 3 weeks until it finally started getting regular looking leaves. It branched out very stangely, and is now a bushy little bugger. I clipped it Sunday, and cloned 3 of the pieces of chopped. It is healthy and ready to rock. I am amazed what these plants can do....

Thats funny you say that I thought the same thing when I re-veg'd a budding plant. The cola stretched and these tear drop shaped leaves grew out. Looked strange but is was growing nonetheless. Looked like a weird house plant at first. incognito weed :)

Thanks notreallyhere!

Thanks 1qwkdsm! I owned a dsm. It was a 97 Gst. I loved that car! There's really no safe route when it comes to growing hydro or soil. Each one has it's owns issues, but you learn to overcome them. ;-) Good luck with your grow!

karagrows! Thanks for the info!

Here's some pics from the beginning to the end. I'm pretty sure I got the cut right, but as far as what to clone... Well you'll see. The holes in the veg container are covered now.

Rockwool_Soak.jpg

Tool_Clean.jpg

Root_Gel.jpg

COB_Topping.jpg

COB_Top.jpg

COB_Clones.jpg

COB_and_BS_Clones.jpg

Thanks notreallyhere!

Thanks 1qwkdsm! I owned a dsm. It was a 97 Gst. I loved that car! There's really no safe route when it comes to growing hydro or soil. Each one has it's owns issues, but you learn to overcome them. ;-) Good luck with your grow!

karagrows! Thanks for the info!

Here's some pics from the beginning to the end. I'm pretty sure I got the cut right, but as far as what to clone... Well you'll see. The holes in the veg container are covered now.

Rockwool_Soak.jpg

Tool_Clean.jpg

Root_Gel.jpg

COB_Topping.jpg

COB_Top.jpg

COB_Clones.jpg

COB_and_BS_Clones.jpg

Nice pictorial!.

Chop those big fan leaves down to about 1/3 in length. This will help your clones. There is no root system to sustain life in that much leaf. By trimming them will help reduce surface area of leaf which reduces transpiration (water evap.) and makes the clone a little less top heavy. You want all the little gal's energy going right to root development at this point.

Good work.

I think 4twenty4all's journal had a pic of clones with chopped leaves.

I've always trimmed my clone leaves (admittedly that means since august)
makes good sense, seems to work, and provides a reference point when there is new growth starting.

Thanks notreallyhere!

I'm not real happy about the clone dome being so big, because it's blocking some needed light to my COB. I'll be investing in a smaller one as soon as possible. ;-)

Day 16

B52
Day_16_B52.jpg

B52 Flowers
Day_16_B52_Flower.jpg

B52 Flowers
Day_16_B52_FL.jpg

Day_16_COB1.jpg

BloomBox.jpg

Looks like everything went well with the cloning and topping.. Nice work. The B52 looks like it should turn out to be a beautiful young thing with those flowers. Keep it coming.. =]

Thanks notreallyhere!

Thanks 1qwkdsm! I owned a dsm. It was a 97 Gst. I loved that car!

Ooh a 2nd gen girl eh? My GF also drives a 2g, I'm more of a 1st gen guy myself. I'd post some pics for ya, but it's really one of a kind and I don't want to draw any unwanted attention to myself. :s

Back
Top Bottom