Hydro Grow: California Orange Bud

Thats sort of what happens when you top the plant except yours was clearly not topped. Interesting. At some point energy went equally into that side shoot and the top shoot. Did you ever crimp the main stem above that point? Your probably looking a 2 nice fat colas there nice work.

Thanks so much StonerGrower, Doctor Dread, McBudz, Zenmaster, and eitay69!

Well, more bad news today... That nice looking plant with the V stem has turned out to be a male...I have 2 plants now. 1 B52 and 1 COB... I just hope that last COB's a female, because if its not, I'm at a total loss. I know stress can make a male or make a female go hermie... So, do you think that I have caused this without knowing?

Thanks so much StonerGrower, Doctor Dread, McBudz, Zenmaster, and eitay69!

Well, more bad news today... That nice looking plant with the V stem has turned out to be a male...I have 2 plants now. 1 B52 and 1 COB... I just hope that last COB's a female, because if its not, I'm at a total loss. I know stress can make a male or make a female go hermie... So, do you think that I have caused this without knowing?

Who knows, ...maybe the lack of nutes in the first 2 weeks had an adverse effect? Looks to me like you did everything else spot on. Looks like you are having better luck with soil huh? Where did the B52 and COB seeds come from? Try contacting them maybe they will be helpful. Sorry about the bad news, you and floridabud.

Thanks McBudz. Maybe you're right about not giving nutes from the beginning being the cause. FloridaBud and I both have seeds from Nirvana. I'm just gonna try to stay positive. It's not the end of the world... yet. ;-)

Everyone keep your fingers crossed for me on this last COB. Still no signs of sex yet. Which I'm hoping is a good thing, because the males all showed their balls before I saw the first female. The first pic is of the B52 and her flowers and the second of the COB and new growth.

Day 12

Day_12_B52_Flowering.jpg

Day_12_B52_Flower.jpg

Day_12_Last_COB.jpg

Day_12_COB_new_growth.jpg

Sorry to hear about all the males Ms.Fox but as long as you've got some females to clone with, you're golden. :smokin:

++reps in hops of all ladies for here on out!!

:peace:

Harry

My thoughts exactly...

Peace :roorrip:

Heres my band playin music to induce good vibes for fems
:smokin:
.:theband:

Thanks for the reps Harry Red!

Thanks Runamok and Minus. I really appreciate that.

Still no signs of sex on the COB... I'm dying to know! I keep opening the chamber up every morning when they wake up hoping to see SOMETHING. The B52 has started to show flowers all over her. I'm out of Co2, so i need to get some more here soon.

Day 14 Flowering

Day_14_B52_COB_flowering.jpg

Day_14_COB_FL.jpg

looking super green. I can't wait to see them grow into big beautiful ladies!

Thanks Dr. 215, Pill13, and StonerGrower! ;-)

Guess what! The last COB is a confirmed female! I saw her first pretty little flower today! I'll try to get pics later on.

Thanks Dr. 215, Pill13, and StonerGrower! ;-)

Guess what! The last COB is a confirmed female! I saw her first pretty little flower today! I'll try to get pics later on.

WOO HOO!!! Pink blunts for everyone! Congrats ;)

impressive. ive alwyas been somewhat scepticale about hyrdo grows but i read this from start to finish. now im inspired. im about to start my first indoor grow with some amazing genetics. but your plants that turned out to be female look great. goods job and quick one at that too but i guess thats the benefit to a hydro grow. im deffanlty going to keep tabs on this jorunal. good luck hope you get a decent harvest off your babies

Thanks McBudz and rome420!

Here are some pics of the COB's underside. I have a little bit of a dilemma, because I've never cloned a plant this small before. Should I wait till she's more developed to take clones from her?

Day 15 COB
Day_15_COB_FL.jpg

Day_15_COB1.jpg

Day_15_COB_C.jpg

cloning from those plants might take a bit to take- they are already budding, so don't they have to revert to vegetive growth?

props on the females though!

Thanks DaMagoMan! You're help is appreciated. ;-) How far down on the main stem should top? I was thinking down to the 2 main large fan leaves.

Back
Top Bottom