Hydro Grow: California Orange Bud

Good idea notreallyhere!
Thanks so much StonerGrower. ;-)
Thanks DrKran! I'm pretty sure they're on there last couple of days vegging. Sometime tomorrow (I hope) I will be moving them into the flowering chamber.

Day 29
Day_29_COB.jpg

Very very green. I love the color.

Thanks Doctor Dread! The BloomBox goes for $3500 New. We got it used for $650, but had to get a new computer and bulbs for it, so all together it cost about $950.

Thanks Dr. 215 and StonerGrower!

Today I moved my girls into the flowering chamber. Here's some pics! They start Day 1 Flowering tomorrow! They look a little limp only because the smaller plants were bearing the weight of the larger plants, because they were so tight! They should straighten out tomorrow... hopefully... ;-)

Day_1_HPS_COB.jpg

And now the fun begins! That rooms gunna fill up quick.

Nice fox! They will perk up for sure... Glad to see them getting the space they need...
Cant wait for a couple weeks to see how they fill out!

Thanks Dr. 215 and StonerGrower!

Thanks Doctor Dread! I can't wait either

Day 1 - Starting the flowering count today, because they received no HPS light yesterday.

Day_31_COB.jpg

Looking good Ms Fox. A few questions about the transplant.. you had 9 pretty close in the original container, did the roots grow together and was it a problem removing them from the lid? And what size net pots are you using? Are you going to go to a 5-6" netpots once they start to get thick stalks? I'm just wondering since I've never seen anyone say how to transplant from a small netpot(roots grown through bottom) to a larger one without hurting the roots. I was just going to start mine in 5" and leave them in the same netpot the entire time to skip the transplant. But if someone knows how to remove them safely, please shed some light.

I'm just wondering since I've never seen anyone say how to transplant from a small netpot(roots grown through bottom) to a larger one without hurting the roots.

I was wondering the same thing... I just put the smaller pot inside a larger one with more Hydroton
Babies-2-10-09-08.jpg

Dunno if that's right or wrong, but that's how I handled the problem.

Sorry Ms.Fox for posting one of my pics here...just wanted to show him...

Peace :roorrip:

That makes perfect sense runamok, but what happens if the roots are grown together? I had a 30Gal rubbermade, cut 6 holes for 6" netpots, but had only 3 clones(each different strain) to put in the container. They took off, but immediately saw that 6 would be too crowded for such a small area in one reservoir. Luckily, I kept checking the roots daily, and saw that they were massing together in time. The middle plant of the three was shocked for a good week for tearing the roots apart from each other. Now I have all 3 in 5 gal buckets and doing fine. I plan on keeping the mom's seperate, and having 4 reservoirs(16 gall for $5 each) with 4 plants each. After seeing the water consumption firsthand(they drink around 1/2 gal-1 gal a day each), I felt that 6 per container would be too crowded, besides 16 flowering should be plenty:yummy: I was going to go with the 3" netpots and have 12-15 in one reservoir, but after thinking of the hassles if the roots grow together I changed my mind.

Thanks FloridaBud and eitay69!

Looking good Ms Fox. A few questions about the transplant.. you had 9 pretty close in the original container, did the roots grow together and was it a problem removing them from the lid? And what size net pots are you using? Are you going to go to a 5-6" netpots once they start to get thick stalks? I'm just wondering since I've never seen anyone say how to transplant from a small netpot(roots grown through bottom) to a larger one without hurting the roots. I was just going to start mine in 5" and leave them in the same netpot the entire time to skip the transplant. But if someone knows how to remove them safely, please shed some light.

Yes, the roots did grow together, but they were easily untangled. If I had left them in much longer though they would have been much harder. I basically just gave a gentle tug and they came loose. The veg and bloom sides of this system have the same size netpots 3.5", so there's no need to undo them or put them in larger ones. Runamok's got a great idea if you're looking to go bigger. I don't think the size of the pots is as important as the size of the reservoir. If I'd left them in the veg container throughout the flowering process I'm almost positive they would not do anything but die. Plus since roots require oxygen to live, they would probably be so crowded they'd be starved of that too. FloridaBud is using another box similar to mine, but his plants stay stationary and are never moved throughout the entire grow. His are spaced out just like the bloom side of my box. Hope this helps! ;-)

Runamok, that's quite alright! Great example pic! ;-)

Here's a pic of FloridaBud's Producer

ice_B52_all.jpg

Your plants are lookin great!

I am just about ready to start my seeds... Did you start your seeds off in the rockwool? Or did you try the paper towel method?

I'm glad someone mentioned feeding the plants right away with nutes, I was going to wait a week or two and just do only water, now I know to give them a little to eat right off the bat!

I hope your babies give you a good yield!

+subscribed

Back
Top Bottom