Hydro NFT - 600W - Super Skunk White Label

Greetings fellow reader :)
It's day 8 in 12/12. It is time to check on the change of the nutirent solution that occured 2 days ago and give an update For Archives Purposes of course :p

Nutrients concentration are set as follow:
plan06032016.png

EC is 1.15, PH rose to 6.8!! Damn! I was lazy this weekend. PH was downed to 5.5. I'll let it slide untill I reach 6.2.
I think I can increase the nutes but before that I need to know. If by tomorrow the EC has dropped, I'll add some nutrients in my solution. Either, I'll increase as soon as the EC falls.

I don't think they will strectch a lot. Since I've never grow Super Skunk#1 I've no basis to corroborate to. If anybody has a comment it'would be so nice :) The Skunks looks pretty but very very indica. I d'ont think they will reach more than 70cm. Which is the perfect size for my needs :)

Last update was 3 days ago. Here's what they are at today:

SAM_01852.JPG
SAM_01821.JPG
SAM_01801.JPG

Here's a little diff For Archives Purposes also :p
3comapre.png

Peace !

Looking good. Doesn't look like they will stretch much, and super skunk is indica dominant. I suppose you could get a pheno which leans more to the skunk #1 side, and you could expect a pheno like that to stretch a bit more. Looks like yours won't do that though. My super skunk is sitting on about 65cm, and i doubt it will stretch any further.

Greetings fellow reader.
10 days into 12/12 and it's all about SEX! The girls all made their coming out! One is still a bit shy but I'm glad :) They'll soon become women!

In my previous post I suggested that I'd increase the EC if needed. When I checked the EC yesterday it dropped to 1.00. I increased it to 1.35 using half MR1/MR2 (around 3mL of each into the 16L in my tank). Yet the girls are still hungry. Today the EC dropped to 1.1 so I increased again the EC, this time only with MR2, reaching 1.45. PH was 5.66, which is nice.

I've seen bigger stretches but first time I haven't got many phenos! Good job WL! They look like clones ^^

Enough words, here are some pictures:
SAM_01862.JPG
SAM_01873.JPG
SAM_01892.JPG

The shy one:
SAM_01902.JPG

Peace !

Greeting fellow reader :cheer:

Day 15 in 12/12. buds will soon start to fully form. They look beautiful. They are 40cm to 50 cm. I had to trim a little bit (2 days ago) for better light penetration. But not too much to avoid stress. I'm also using ventilation (not shown in pictures for better image) and extraction 24/7 to reduce hygro. I want the climate as good as I can provide. Another more complete trim will occur at the end of W3 of 12/12. I want buds to the ground !

Starting week 3, I just changed the nutrient solution and is set as follow:
Sans_titre.jpg

I'm starting to use diamond nectar, with around 1mL/L dose. It's great, but expensive.
EC is 1.35, ph is a lucky 5.55. I'll let it drift untill 6.2 maximum.

Here are the girls just waking up!
DSC_0012104.JPG

DSC_0010105.JPG

DSC_001692.JPG

DSC_0004112.JPG

Some close up
DSC_0008103.JPG

DSC_0005113.JPG

DSC_0006119.JPG

DSC_0007107.JPG

No sign of herma so far. I'll inspect them little girls more closely in a week. I just hope I had more branches! I'll have no more than 18 colas. Let's have these as big as possible !

Peace!

Yes, great recovery :) I almost lost hope before I got back to my regular nutrient brand. I'm really happy even if it made me lose 2 to 3 weeks on my schedule!
Dem girls are well on. The canopy is almost even and the grow room should soon be filled completely. They are not tall enough for my taste but I have hope they will gain another 10-15 cm.

I kept a clone of the fastest and healthiest plant. I keep it next to my aquarium. Little experiment going on for 4 years now, I use my aquarium as a nutrient provider for my other plants at home. When I clean aquarium filter, I save the "dirty" water and feed my plants with it. I started to do that when I noticed the smell of my filtering system. It smells like forest ground. I thought I'd try something and it's been working fine for 4 years now !

Peace!

Greetings fellow reader

Day 18 into flowering. Buds are showing up everywhere. It's time to stop MR1 and use only MR2 + my old bottle of amino bloom which doesn't sell anymore. Highest plants are 60cm tall, the little are 45cm. They should gain few more centimeters by the end of flowering stage. I noticed the plants on the front are not as developped as the other. I pushed the groTank deeper into the grow room (80cm x 70cm).

Mid S3 nutes are set as follow:
engrais_mid_S3.png

PH is set close to 6, at 5.95 to improve flowering. This is necessary in NFT systems (maybe others?) to help the plants absorb the proper nutrients in this stage.

I also sprayed a solution of Galgreen tuned at EC 1.35 on the leaves and buds. A spray of MR2 will follow in two days (36H recommended between foliar applications, and no mix).

Here are the girls:
DSC_001784.JPG

DSC_002178.JPG

some close up on apex:
DSC_001883.JPG
DSC_001973.JPG
DSC_002282.JPG
DSC_002082.JPG

And the grils after a little shower:
DSC_002579.JPG

Let's see how this Super Skunk #1 strain fill the gaps! It should be the case in ten days or less :D I don't expect more than 400g yield in the end because the place is too small for my 600 watts. To improve my yield I'd need a grow room about 120cmx120cm of surface, at least a full m². Will think about it for my next grow journal which should start before this one ends ;)

Peace !

Hello Blaze !

These are White label Feminised superslunk#1 , obtained through sensi seeds website! Big fan leaves indeed. Yet I cut them several days ago, they already have their replacement leaves. They are big but they don't look like an overfeeding to me (salady like). Just a regular indica indica ++ :p hope the resin will be everywhere ^^

There is a smell going on. Not particularly Skunky. it smells preflowering weed ^^ even through my carb filter! I've never cultivated skunk but I hear the smell is HUGE. Well, not yet! Soon though :) It's said that it gives out a fruity smell indeed :)

Mini update today!

Day 19 into 12/12. I can now officially call the extrusions on top of apexes Buds! It has grown since yesterday. It's the phase I love, when the tiny buttons grow to fill the gaps. Of course, my fav phase is late flowering, looking between the buds looking for signs of molds and so on ^^.

Here's a couple pictures:
SAM_01953.JPG
SAM_01961.JPG

EC dropped to 1,23. It's going down 0.1 a day it seems. PH is quite stable at 6.12. I'll leave it like that for the day. I will change the solution *IF* EC drops under 1.00 by tomorrow and increase the nutrients to reach 1.45-1.5. Metrop is very very concentrated. You cannot have an EC as high as with other brands. I rarely went above 1.6. Depending on how the plants are taking it!

Peace!

Greetings fellow reader!

Day 22 in 12/12! Almost mid-flowering. It's getting more interesting each day ^^ The girl were trimmed and pruned yesterday. No sign of herma at all. I usually do not prune... at all as I don't care to have a lot of "manucure" since I recycle it in hash, oil, Rhum arrangé and space cakes. I caught the girls waking up to provide normal light pictures, For Archives Purposes of course ;) For the very same reason I must add that I had to put 8L of solution to my tank two days ago as both water and EC dropped significantly (1.08, there an error in the pic below also CG is missing but I use CG=MR2/2) . For that refill I used:
nutes3.png

I mixed that new solution at EC 1.8 with the water in the tank at EC 1 to have a total EC of 1.55. Water tank of 20L (max) is being sucked quite rapidly by the plants. When this happens it usually means that I need to lower my EC as when too much fertilizer is used in NFT, plants tends to consume a lot of water and EC rises sky high. But today's check got me at 1.40. The Ec didn't drop much which means I can increase the nutes a bit more. Like 1.6 - 1.65 imo.

-Here it it for the catching up-

Plants are entering the realm of 4th week of flowering, hence a new batch of solution must be provided to the plants. The nutes are originally to be set with as follow but I figured it was a big high. So I diluted until the solution dropped to 1.62. PH is 5.98.
nutesS4.png

Enough words, let some pictures take over :)
DSC_001974.JPG
zomm1.png
zomm2.png

Today's also the second weekly spray of MR2. In two days they'll get Calgreen again. Girl drying after a little shower:
DSC_002684.JPG

Peace !

Greetings fellow reader!

Day 24 in 12/12. Trichromes are strating to sprout :)(actually since yesterday).Today EC rose to 1.78. As well as yesterday. I think it's due to my mixup in nute doses which I tried to dilute the other day. Apparently, plants don't like it. I didn't actually see much grow between yesterday and today so I changed the sauce for a lesser EC, set as follow, for 16L:
10mL of MR2
12 mL of aminoBloom
15mL of diamond nectar
about 3ml of PH-
6ml of Calgreen (always use calgreen at last, when your PH is under 7 to avoid precipitation of Ca)
EC is 1.55 PH is 5.98

Plants also received a CalGreen spray with 2mL/L, on buds and leaves.

Trichromes showing up means I need to reduce the hygro (or at least, not let it fly). For that I have my exctraction and fan working 24/7.

Does anybody have some pictures of SuperSkunk#1 trichrome production? Breeder says it's profuse but I'd like to have some feedback :). In my experience, the best trichrome producing plant I had the privilege to grow was a G13 Widow. The leaves were COVERED with whitey trichromes. In a way I've never seen again. If I recall, The Blaze has got one. I'll sneak into your topic ^^

Here are some pictures of the girls :)
SAM_02063.JPG
SAM_02042.JPG

Peace !

Greetings fellow reader.

Day 28 in 12/12! The nutrient solution will be changed tomorrow, today's update is just pictures :)
SAM_02072.JPG
SAM_02082.JPG
SAM_02091.JPG
SAM_02112.JPG
SAM_02142.JPG
SAM_02152.JPG
SAM_02163.JPG
SAM_02174.JPG
SAM_02182.JPG

The smell is now there ^^

Peace !

Greetings fellow reader!

Day 31 in 12/12. Starting week 5, well, things should accelerate towards the end of flowering. There is some frostiness going on here and I'm happy about it :) The leaves I remove sometimes have a strong smell of cannabis and a really nice fruity smell.

Girls are drinking quite a lot. 8 liters of solution barely coping for 24 hours. I might need to reduce my EC. A part of this is also due to 24/7 ventilation.

Today's batch consist of about 20L in which I put 15mL of MR2, 12mL of amino Bloom, 3mL of PH-, and 6mL of CG. That makes the EC about 1.75 and PH up at 6.08. And a spray of CallGreen at the usual dosage for foliar applications.

I'll monitor closely during the next 24 hours and react if necessary. The spaces between buttons are getting more little everyday. It looks promising ^^ Breeder says I'm past half flowering which should total around 55-60 days. But who knows, it can be less, can be more. I remember of an extremely fast flowering PowerPlant. It was ready more than 3 weeks before the others. Damn I didn't save a clone of it!

Now let's get to pictures !
DSC_002973.JPG
DSC_003757.JPG
DSC_002787.JPG
DSC_003361.JPG
DSC_003453.JPG
DSC_003068.JPG
DSC_003659.JPG

And a beautiful zoom
zomm11.png

Peace !

Back