Hydro vs Soil vs Aero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me personally i think hydro is better. Grows faster, larger, better yields. Also more exp and more electric.

I have a aero setup also and love it. Grow plants super fast. VERY sensitive though.

Soil i have no exp in but i see comparison videos where they seem to not be able to keep up with hydro

Aero sounds the most difficult, hydro isn't that far behind. They both have delicate systems from what I understand. One thing to think about is your power grid. What do you do if the power goes out on your hydro grow for an extended period of time? You could be screwed. Soil will be easiest no doubt but hydro and aero will probably produce a better product while also demanding more growing experience

What's businessman, Even though I'm a new grower im gonna go with aero as that is my method as well. First time growing, might be able to hit 1 pound per plant dry with that method. For me though, aero is the only method I personally know.

My first grow was also aero. It seems to work well with small plants but is very temperamental

Aero sounds the most difficult, hydro isn't that far behind. They both have delicate systems from what I understand. One thing to think about is your power grid. What do you do if the power goes out on your hydro grow for an extended period of time? You could be screwed. Soil will be easiest no doubt but hydro and aero will probably produce a better product while also demanding more growing experience

Do you grow soil?

Here is how I have mine setup. At this point I start in a 5 gallon aero setup and transplant into a 30 gallon for flower
image18739.jpg
image18740.jpg
image18738.jpg
image18741.jpg

i have grown them all,soil is the safest/easiest my dwc/areo gardens all had issues at some point,Im to cheap to buy a chiller,so I had root issues,nothing as easy as what I do now,top feed RW

I had a 20kw generator installed so,its instant on, if power cuts out.

I'd like to try hydro. But, my fear of a power failure will always stop that thought in it's tracks.

I'd love the generator as back up, but the price tag for that peace of mind isn't cheap.

Soil for me, for now

no sir its not cheap,but i live straight in the middle of tornado alley, power gone for weeks at a time blows hard.

of course if a f-5 hits us again,generator wont help

I have a backup to my backup--I have 4 deep cell batteries from my bass boat that I run from an power inverter,it will keep pumps running for a week

i have grown them all,soil is the safest/easiest my dwc/areo gardens all had issues at some point,Im to cheap to buy a chiller,so I had root issues,nothing as easy as what I do now,top feed RW

I had a 20kw generator installed so,its instant on, if power cuts out.

I change nutrient solution weekly and have a few airstones in reservoirs. Haven't had any issues. Initially I had some problems for being a first timer but as soon as I solved issues, things been running smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom