I Can't Even Get My Seeds To Sprout - Help!

Hi Sky, I transplanted all my mothers to 10" pots and already took 3 clones from my big mother! I have been preparing my flowering chamber and getting ready for the cooler temps. I hope that all my clones make it to the flowering chamber in a couple of weeks.
I suppose that I will be topping my mothers in a few weeks also. Do you think that I should top my clones when I move them to the flowering chamber??? I can hardly believe that I made it this far! :thumb: Where are you @?
In12InchPots.JPG

InCloneDome.JPG

I topped my clones and I think 2 of your seeds that were doing the best. It stunted the growth, but they all bounced back and have split nodes very low to the ground. If I were to veg them a few weeks longer, I bet they would've turned into pudgy little power houses, but I just want to finish this grow and focus my energy on the new space I will be working with in a few months.

Edit; I did not top them till they were out of the dome and in the new medium for a little longer than a week and they recovered from that shock.

Sky, Did you already put your recent clones and a couple of my good seedlings into your flowering chamber? I can't wait to see some pics and an update on that! I will do the same thing you did and top my clones a little over a week after I take them out of the clone dome and they establish a good root base. I am also getting ready to top my biggest mother in a few days. Quick question...I know that you can "top" the top of a plant, but can you (and should you) top some of the lower "but sites"???

I am quickly becoming a proponent of that method. Every topped location produces 2. You can then use that to plan the skeleton of the plant and ultimately exactly how many bud sites you create. When I get my next grow off the ground, I will put a lot of emphasis into vegging the plant efficiently to produce a monstrous skeleton at a shorter stance. This (in theory) should give me that much more room to flower. Big roots, short but very broad body and big hair like a treasure troll. I'm hoping to have the scrog net short off the top of the root chamber.

Hi All, Well...I took 6 clones from the mothers, waited 4 weeks, and started flowering them about 7 days ago. Two days ago I took a chance and topped all the small plants for 2 reasons. Reason 1 being that I hope to get "two buds" at the top of the plant since I will have two main stems. I realize that I might not have enough time, but I am taking a gamble. Reason 2 being that I hope to strengthen the lower nodes so they sprout-up to the top of the plant and act just like new colas!!! Well...that's the plan any way.

Hey Sky!!!! Did you already harvest and smoke all my plants!!!:lot-o-toke:

Nah, bro. All the seedlings and clones got pythium and quickly died. Few days later found out the bigger plant was a male. Talk about a kick in the nuts, but you're just in time to sub to the next episode. As far as your toppings, I too "think" they'll bounce back. I don't think they'll get very big because while the rest of the plant uses the first 3 weeks to grow out, the new shoots will spend it recovering. Thankfully the intended purpose was to help the rest of the plant produce and compete. That's just my intuition on it, but I have no form of experience to base all that off of.

Hi Sky. I am so sorry to hear about the root rot and the male plant. That sure is a "kick in the pants"! Did you order some feminized seeds from your vendor?? What is the "next episode" that you mentioned. I think that my fem seeds actually worked. I think that my 3 mothers are really mothers because they are actually showing these white fuzzy looking pistol-like looking things even while they are in veg. Also, the clones in the flowering chamber are already showing some white pistols. After topping a few days ago, all the new clone-tops are looking good and are starting to grow in. The lower nodes are also looking good and starting to sprout-up to the top of the plant. I think that the plants will have enough time to grow the new tops and make some big buds. Only time will tell!! This is my first time... Keep in touch...

Pictures are worth a 1000 words. My seedlings didn't sprout yet, but everything has been outlined in my journal. Click on my signature.

Hello All!

I am RollingPapers and joined the 420 Magazine with the hope of communicating with an experienced grower regarding my problem. This is my first grow.

I received some Royal Queen Seeds that are the Special Kush #1 Feminized Seeds strain and the seeds will not sprout after planting them in soil. The seeds look a little small and a little greenish.

I read many articles and viewed many YouTube videos and I think I am doing everything correctly, so I am wondering if I just got some bad seeds. Has anyone ever had this experience?

I used the paper towel germinating method and the seed showed a small tap root about 1/8th inch long after 24 hours. I planted the seed in a very small pot in some high grade cocoa potting soil that I bought at my local hydroponics head shot. I keep the soil moist with bottled water with a PH of about 7.0. I did not see a sprout after 5 days, so I pushed a little soil aside to take a quick look at the seed, and the tap root did not grow at all. It was the same exact size of 1/8th inch. I have the pot in a warm climate 75 - 85 degrees and humidity around 40. I also kept a 65 watt over the pot just to keep it warm.

Am I doing something wrong, or did I just get some bad seeds.

Any help will be appreciated!!!

Thanks,

RollingPapers

I put mine in distilled water with superthrive (1 drop per gallon) for 24 hours then put inside a paper towel damp with the water the seeds soaked in and put in a tupperware bowl sealed and put on my dish tv box wrapped in a towel. Within 2 days i get a half inch sprout 100% of the time without fail

Thanks DS! I really appreciate the tip. However, I've come a long way since I made that post. I must have made every newbie mistake that is possible, over watering, under watering, too many nutes, too much heat, not enough heat, too much humidity, not enough humidity, UUGGHH!!! That seems like the only way to learn the trick of this trade when you don't have an experienced grower looking over your shoulder. I will tell you one thing, the people on this web site are very helpful and supportive and helped me get to the point where I am into my 3rd week of flowering on my "first ever" grow! DS, are you working on a "grow" right now? Thanks for dropping by! RP

I sure am! Doing super lemon haze and og herojuana under 400w mh for veg and hps for flower. Just two ladies for now cuz its mostly for the old lady. Shes got bad back pain and is tired of taking pills every day. Gonna pick up a couple of 42w daylight and a couple of soft white cfls today for supplemental spectrum lighting that will be placed along side the canopy in a square pattern cuz you cant have too much good light right! Peace!! :)

This is getting more fun by the minute! :smokin: However, I have one little problem. Two of my three mothers in veg have a few leaves that have turned a little yellow and developed some brown spots. Also, a few leaves developed some black blotches. Now, the brown spots and black blotches are causing a dried up "dead spot" in those few leaves leaves. It's weird. Does anyone know what might be causing this? Other than that, all is fine here.

I'm by no means an authority on plant diseases, but a picture would help a lot. From your description, it sounds a lot like blackspot, a disease common to roses. I'm not even sure if MJ can or will come down with it; although both species do get silvery mildew. The main drawback to the blackspot idea is that it doesn't generally kill the leaf. It could also very easily be leaves that have been leached dry through feeding your plant and are simply dying off and becoming discolored in the process
I'm sure some more authoritative members will stop by and help you out.

A few pics of my spot problem. I think that it might be that the mothers have become too big for the pots that they are in. They are about 24" tall and in 10" pots. I do not over over water them. I only give them 1/2 strength nutes every other water. I always check the water ph level to be around 6.0. The temps are always between 70 and 85. The plants in the flowering chamber, my clones in the clone dome, and my little 6" plants are all doing great! It's just the tall mothers that seem to have this problem. UUUGGGHHH!
Pic_with_spots_5.JPG

Pic_with_spots_4.JPG

Pic_with_spots_2.JPG

Pic_with_spots_3.JPG

Hi D, Thanks for dropping by. I am using three products that are included in the XNutrients grow schedule. The schedule indicates that I should mix a little of each product in one gallon of water. I am only mixing half strength and I just realized by doing that, I might be creating a def. However, I really don't know how to trouble shoot this. I hope that you help me figure this out. I seem to be on track with everything else. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Product #1: Grow Nutrient - 20ml per gal. full strength (I am using half) N=1.6 P=2.1 K=5.5
Product #2: Micro Nutrient- 15ml per gal full strength(I am using half) N=3.3 P=0 K=1.3
Product #3: Animo Blast -15ml per gal full strength(I am using half) N=0.5 P=0.0 K=0.1

When you say water ph is 6.0, do you mean the nutrient solution, or the runoff? 6 would be too low for the runoff, I usually set my solution ph kinda low as well, to offset ph spikes since the last watering.

Back
Top Bottom