I Can't Even Get My Seeds To Sprout - Help!

I am growing in coco soil. I check and adjust ph after I mix with the nutes and before I do my watering. What do you mean by "run off"?
Do you think that it would help matters if I water with full strength nutes for 1 watering and see how they react??? Tomorrow is water day.

Ok if you're in coco, you want the ph kinda low, 5.5 to 5.8 just like hydro. When I say runoff I mean the liquid that comes out the pot when you water. The runoff ph tends to a few points higher than the nutrient solution you add, which is why I ph my solution lower than the target ph.
I am growing in coco soil. I check and adjust ph after I mix with the nutes and before I do my watering. What do you mean by "run off"?
Do you think that it would help matters if I water with full strength nutes for 1 watering and see how they react??? Tomorrow is water day.

I will use full strength today and see how they react and post an update tomorrow. Actually, when the plants were little babies, I started with 1/4 strength and worked my way up to full strength. When the plants started getting about 24" I did not want them to outgrow the 10" pots so I lowered the nute strength to try and slow down the growth. Do you think that part of my problem could be because the plants are getting too big for the 10" pots that they are in??? Thanks.

your photographs show several deficiencies, I would feed your plants full strength nutrients. your plants are also too large for the small pots they are in. you want pH5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Hi King John, Thanks for the deficiency chart. That sure answers a lot of questions for me and confirms what some people already told me. I gave them full strength nutes yesterday and they look better already. I am glad that I figured out the problem, "with a lot of help from you and other members on this web site", so now I know how to keep it under control. Will the mothers die if I keep them in those 10" pots. I don't have enough room to use three bigger pots. I was trying to stunt their growth by only giving them a little bit of nutes and keeping them in those 10" pots. I might have enough for two 12" pots and just work with 2 mothers instead of 3. would that be a good idea?

if you can not devote a larger area to house your mother plants in I would reduce the number of plants you are keeping in your area. I would not add any nutrients to a seed or seedling, far too many seeds die that way. I do not add nutrients before my plants are 4-5 inches tall and have 5 nodes of growth.

here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Pick the best 2 and clone the one you'll toss, just to give you more time to decide if you like her phenotype.

Hi Sky, I was thinking of that for one of my options. I was also thinking that since it's close to Christmas, I might give it away as a Christmas present! :cool:

I might have mine off by then so maybe I'll gift a life long commitment too!

Hi Rp,

Glad to see things are rolling along (very droll, I know), and you are getting some great advice from some great people.

I just planted my 4th crop this weekend, but I don't think I'll do another journal until I'm ready to pick a mother and start cloning -so I'll have something different. I still had some more Lucy's and some GS I got as a bonus, I have a super cheese and northern lights x skunk. They're in the clone dome right now and they always look pretty iffy to me at this stage but it should be ok in a week to transfer to the res.

My mother-in-law is coming for a visit next week so we are in major stealth mode. Nothing like family visits, phew!

Take care RP :high-five:

Surprise, Surprise...Hi LJ and welcome to my forum and good luck with your stealth situation! I had a really rough start, but things are really rolling along now, that's for sure. I think we both have about 4 more weeks until our harvest time. I can hardly wait! You really have to know what you're doing to go through a full cycle. I learned that you must have to have a green thumb, be a little bit of a scientist, have a lot of patients and have a great sense of timing. You also need a lot of room if you are going to make mother plants because they keep on growing and growing. At this point in the game, I am not even sure if I really need a mother plant. I think that I could keep the cycle going just by taking clones from my clones after they grow a little. Oh, yeah, that's the other thing I learned about growing...a lot of the learning comes from trial-and-error and experimenting, and figuring out what works for "you".

I am looking forward to your next update! I bet the buds on your girls are getting very fat and full of trichomes. mmmmmmmm!

TTYL, LJ :high-five: right back at ya'

hope it go.s ok pal ..;)

Do any of you know if seeds from female clones will sprout? I grew 2 female clones last season and found 3 seeds from my harvest. I have had them in paper towels on a plate covered with a plate nice and warm going on 5 days and no sprouts. My rationality tells me that seeds that are not exposed to a male plant for fertilization will not sprout. What do you think? Thank you.

Do any of you know if seeds from female clones will sprout? I grew 2 female clones last season and found 3 seeds from my harvest. I have had them in paper towels on a plate covered with a plate nice and warm going on 5 days and no sprouts. My rationality tells me that seeds that are not exposed to a male plant for fertilization will not sprout. What do you think? Thank you.

It sounds like you're doing the germination process correct. The temp should be about 80 - 85 degrees.
I thought that a female plant had to be exposed to some type of male fertilization to make seeds. Sometimes, a plant can have both female and male characteristics and pollinate it self. Maybe you harvested your plants before the seeds were mature. Also, there is such a thing as "bad seeds" that just won't grow no matter what you do!

I would look through the 420 sponsors and buy some seeds from those guys. Good luck:thumb:

Thank you Rolling for your reply. I'm using stoneware plates because it holds heat and I have them on top of the cable box because it's the warmest out of the way place I could find. Our box emits a lot of heat. I am taking special care not to get any moisture into the box, lol. The more research I do pushes me closer to the idea that my seeds were not fertilized and will not sprout.

I have been shopping some of the seed sites on here. I grew confidential cheese last season and those seeds are hard to find. After shopping a few sites I tend to get overwhelmed and I stop shopping. If you or anyone can make a recommendation I would be grateful.

I need to get going because I wanted to try to have 2 harvests this season. 1 mid summer and 1 in the fall. The summer harvest would be grown inside til it warms up and the fall would be grown totally outside. Thank you again. :)

Back
Top Bottom