I found 3 seeds when trimming

A feminized plant grows from seed that has been made using pollen collected using a few methods like STS. Sure you know this. That means that the plant that you grew was female. The one you found seeds in was feminised. Unless you use feminized pollen (which you generally have to make) the pollen is from a male and that gives you regular seeds. So yes the mother plant with the seeds is feminized but she still produces seeds of both sex because the pollen isn't made intentionally to provide feminized seeds. You would not be asking about the seeds if you went to the effort to make feminized pollen. Hence its either from hermie pollen or pollen from a male that got into your grow space.

I've tried them before and totally wasted my time with herm seeds.
That's why I always check under the plants between 21-28 days since flipped to flower to avoid pollination. Couple sac here and there sometimes from seed, just remove and spray it down with water.
Here's what Lerugged talking about reversing the plant making pollen.
Reversed my Marshmallow OG and pollinated my Cap Junky around 28 days in flower

35 days flower

IMG_20240222_084351247.jpg

IMG_20240222_084347341.jpg

I've tried them before and totally wasted my time with herm seeds.
That's why I always check under the plants between 21-28 days since flipped to flower to avoid pollination. Couple sac here and there sometimes from seed, just remove and spray it down with water.
Here's what Lerugged talking about reversing the plant making pollen.
Reversed my Marshmallow OG and pollinated my Cap Junky around 28 days in flower

35 days flower

IMG_20240222_084351247.jpg

IMG_20240222_084347341.jpg

That’s the biggest problem with hermies in my opinion. You can’t tell what’s going to happen. You can herm before buds build and waste all your effort or you can herm in the middle of flower and pollinate without realizing, or you can make it to harvest and only find a nanner or two.

If it’s not going to cost you time or resources, then it’s definitely worth practicing germ and veg at least with them and seeing what happens. However it’s absolutely brutal to spend months of time and energy just to lose it all. If a plant full on herms before flower week 6 your product is almost worthless, and most herms happen way before that.

If it came from a Feminized line then the offspring will be Female being that No Male plants were around to shed pollen before or after flowering. Feminized plants that produce Feminized pollen produces Feminized seeds.
This is the proper explanation. SSgrower

Without knowing where the pollen came from there is just no way to know if they are male or female without growing them. Coming from feminized plants means nothing with regards to female or male seeds. There was pollen from somewhere that got to them. If it was from a feminized plant that produced nanners then it's likely those 3 seeds will have hermie genetics, even if they are female. They might grow female but if the mother threw nanners then the offspring will likely do the same or worse. Not always though but most of the time.
If the pollen blew in from a male somewhere, then you will have regular seeds. 50/50 male or female.
Stable feminized plants do not produce pollen. You have to use one of a few techniques to get them to create pollen.
I say grow them and see for yourself. I grow seeds from bud all the time just to see.
Good luck
Very well said and absolutely spot on!

Thank you,
I Love My Girls... :smokin:

Yep, I grow bagseed and my 1st. 2 years indoors I did because I wanted to make sure my S.O.P. was stable and tried. Now I grow breeders gear as I search for "My Strain", the one I can use daily, great smell, wonderful taste. You know. SS

Back
Top Bottom