I dry trimmed 26 ounces and found 5 seeds?

pointer80

Hello everybody, I just got done dry trimming one of my plants and ended up with about 26 ounces and I found about 5 seeds in the trimming process. Did this plant hermie or get pollinated, or is this just some freak thing that happens sometimes? Seems like if it hermied or got pollinated we would have found more seeds. Thanks all.

The answer my friend is blowing in the wind. Line out of a song that popped into and is now stuck in my cannabis riddled mind. My outdoor has random seeds I can only assume insects, wind or will of mother nature put there.
Happy420!!
Grow Hard!!
:yahoo:

I've ran em too, it is what it is, free seeds to "Try" or not? SSgrower

Sometimes plants do this thing where they get all weird at the end of flower due to no male presence and then produce some seeds in hopes to carry on its lineage (apomixis or vegetative propagation).... Hopefully it's this and not rogue pollen.... But nothing ventured nothing gained.... Plant those beanz!

produce some seeds in hopes to carry on its lineage (apomixis or vegetative propagation)....
I have been looking for the "apomixis" word as one of the botanical terms for the processes that plants use for producing seeds when there is no male plant available. If I followed the explanation the plant will produce a viable seed without any pollen what so ever being available.

The other term, "vegetative propagation" is another way of saying taking a cutting and getting it to root to produce a clone. It does not seem to have anything related to seed production with or without a male flower involved.

Time to make a short cut to a website explaining apomixis.

I have been looking for the "apomixis" word as one of the botanical terms for the processes that plants use for producing seeds when there is no male plant available. If I followed the explanation the plant will produce a viable seed without any pollen what so ever being available.

The other term, "vegetative propagation" is another way of saying taking a cutting and getting it to root to produce a clone. It does not seem to have anything related to seed production with or without a male flower involved.

Time to make a short cut to a website explaining apomixis.
Kewl glad I could help out and yea I agree a link explaining the process would be helpful for many gardeners with questions.

And thanks for clearing that up... I knew both can Produce seeds... But wasn't sure the exact science behind the propagation technique.

The will to propagate is so strong in some plants if they go long enough without getting pollenated they will grow a few male flowers inside a bud and make a few seeds.

careful if you grow them. it reinforces a hermie trait down the line. a large grow here lost over a decade of genetics that way.

I'm just small time. 3 or 4 plants a year. Back in the 80's it saved my ass having hermi seeds. growing outside was very stressful and costly, if caught they would have taking everything I owned. so knowing I had three female plants that would take all summer to grow and give me all the weed to last till next year kinda made it worth it. wish I still had the pics.all I have is this walking stick made from a plant grown back in 85'ish

IMG_20240115_061516045.jpg

Back
Top Bottom