I found 3 seeds when trimming

Hey, I have just finished off two kosher Kush (feminised seeds)plants and they have turned out lovely. Today I was trimming and have sound 3 seeds, my question is, if I was to use them would they be female or male or even a hermaphrodite ?
Many thanks
If it came from a Feminized line then the offspring will be Female being that No Male plants were around to shed pollen before or after flowering. Feminized plants that produce Feminized pollen produces Feminized seeds.

If your careful you can grow some really nice plants from hermie seeds. These were second generation dosi-doe

20220819_065346.jpg

Without knowing where the pollen came from there is just no way to know if they are male or female without growing them. Coming from feminized plants means nothing with regards to female or male seeds. There was pollen from somewhere that got to them. If it was from a feminized plant that produced nanners then it's likely those 3 seeds will have hermie genetics, even if they are female. They might grow female but if the mother threw nanners then the offspring will likely do the same or worse. Not always though but most of the time.
If the pollen blew in from a male somewhere, then you will have regular seeds. 50/50 male or female.
Stable feminized plants do not produce pollen. You have to use one of a few techniques to get them to create pollen.
I say grow them and see for yourself. I grow seeds from bud all the time just to see.
Good luck

If it came from a Feminized line then the offspring will be Female being that No Male plants were around to shed pollen before or after flowering. Feminized plants that produce Feminized pollen produces Feminized seeds.

that's terrible advice. if you get a hermie they'll produce almost only hermies.

Without knowing where the pollen came from there is just no way to know if they are male or female without growing them. Coming from feminized plants means nothing with regards to female or male seeds. There was pollen from somewhere that got to them. If it was from a feminized plant that produced nanners then it's likely those 3 seeds will have hermie genetics, even if they are female. They might grow female but if the mother threw nanners then the offspring will likely do the same or worse. Not always though but most of the time.
If the pollen blew in from a male somewhere, then you will have regular seeds. 50/50 male or female.
Stable feminized plants do not produce pollen. You have to use one of a few techniques to get them to create pollen.
I say grow them and see for yourself. I grow seeds from bud all the time just to see.
Good luck

pretty much this.

with so few seeds being produced there is a chance that the plant rodelized and did not hermie. getting a plant to rodelize is generally not random and requires the right environment conditions and a little work. it's usually not something a grower will stumble into. most times what you are looking at is a late developing hermie.

that's terrible advice. if you get a hermie they'll produce almost only hermies.

pretty much this.

with so few seeds being produced there is a chance that the plant rodelized and did not hermie. getting a plant to rodelize is generally not random and requires the right environment conditions and a little work. it's usually not something a grower will stumble into. most times what you are looking at is a late developing hermie.
Correct, however, as it comes so late, there is most often not enough time for seeds to mature. This is what made me exclude it being from rodelization.
Yeah, again, using hermie genes can result in tears.

Seeds don’t appear out of thin air or spontaneously. A plant MUST be pollinated to have seeds. How it got pollinated is the question. If it did it by itself then you just created or had an unstable line. I typically lean toward the line being inherently unstable due to poor breeder practices. I’ve never hermed a stable line, even after trying to do it.

It’s not worth growing herm seeds in my experience. Too easy to stress, too much chance of losing the whole crop, too much risk of pollinating other plants. Good for practicing veg, germination and training though so there is that if you’re willing to be proactive and observant

Seeds don’t appear out of thin air or spontaneously. A plant MUST be pollinated to have seeds. How it got pollinated is the question. If it did it by itself then you just created or had an unstable line. I typically lean toward the line being inherently unstable due to poor breeder practices. I’ve never hermed a stable line, even after trying to do it.

It’s not worth growing herm seeds in my experience. Too easy to stress, too much chance of losing the whole crop, too much risk of pollinating other plants. Good for practicing veg, germination and training though so there is that if you’re willing to be proactive and observant
💯

pretty much this.

How is that terrible advice when a female plant threw off a nanner that produce a Feminized seed in return? The seed will be Female. You won't get a Male from a Feminized line. The person who asked the question initially asked if the seed will be Male , Female or Hermaphrodite. My answer is correct, because even if the seed came from a hermaphrodite it was originally a Feminized plant therfore it will be a Female before it Hermaphrodites if it even does, because it came from a Feminized line not a M/F line it will be Feminized. Or let's be VERY CLEAR with my answer..It will be a Feminized Seed with a possibility to Hermaphrodite!

pretty much this.

Well you must not have been working with this plant very long because anybody with experience will tell you if you grow the plant past its point it will eventually throw out nanners as a survival tactic.

Well you must not have been working with this plant very long because anybody with experience will tell you if you grow the plant past its point it will eventually throw out nanners as a survival tactic.

it doesn't return female seeds. it returns hermie seeds. been working with the plant since the late 80's.

hermie seed doesn't lead to good genetics or decent growers. it screws up the gene pool long term. there's too many bad breeders and canna cowboys.

Figured id show you a pic or 2 of what I'm working with.

Screenshot_20240205_162937_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20240205_162945_Instagram.jpg

that's a pronounced variegation. i've seen a literal 50% albino but it wasn't mine.

i've had heavy ones but not that far. has it carried forward ? they can be hard to flower.

Hermie genetics is trash. You can't really breed it out. It will always be there unless you can change DNA. Feminized plants do not produce feminized seed. They produce regular male and female seeds. Thats the cold hard facts.
If you want to breed with hermies that's up to you but for others reading this, it's bad practice. Maybe it works for some but in general it's a waste of time that leads to heartbreak.
I've seen it and I have been there.

Back
Top Bottom