I have Specific questions about my "future" setup

NinjaGrowPwnz

i've decided on mylar lined with a home-made hood using CFL's and a shiny heater flue, Going the Hydroponic way instead of using soil as I planned, so I have Just a few questions, if I can remember them all since today is my pot-detox day, LOTS of coffee haha. Anyway:

for CFL lights I've seen many many variations, i know the 2k lumens min req's and such, Can I use the same watt CFL's from start to finish and just changed from the cool/white higher K rating to the warmer color ones for budding or should I add a few more CFL's during the final stages and get more wattage going since its lower K rate? Haven't really looked hardcore at bulbs other then Walmart, their selection sucked sadly when it comes to the higher watt ones... My plan is to make one that has 4 sockets in a row(suspended/raise-able) inside the makeshift reflective hood, and if my lumens output seems too low, i can always add a splitter to each and double the number of CFL's i can use which will be handy for getting more light output for the flowering/final stages

ABOUT USING CEDAR: I've looked around online and have seen people Rarely use Cedar for their projects, I was wondering if it really does help prevent "Spider Mites" from infesting crops & people just overlook it, or if its redundant to use cedar for an indoor grow...? just wondering how much is hype and if this is worth the extra cost, NOT going to use the chips anywhere on/in the grow medium(especially since I'm indoor & growing hydro).

WATERING: using the storage-tote idea with air stone & drip line to the top of plant with a recirculating single tote, BUT: 6 times a day, just during light cycle? do hydroponic grows need to be watered during night cycle?

As normal, all feedback is welcome, Thanks! tomorrow I blaze again! haha

Actually, I've read that the minimum lumens for vegging is 2500/sq. ft. and for flowering is 3500/sq. ft. I've found that Home Depot/Lowe's has a better selection of CFL bulbs than Target/Walmart and that it is easier to get higher wattage 2700K CFL bulbs than 6400K bulbs. When I'm planning the lighting to meet the 50 watt or 2500 lumens/sq. ft. minimums for vegging, using higher wattage 2700K bulbs meets the flowering requirements without needing to add any more bulbs to the lighting setup. The K rate has nothing to do with how much watts/lumens you need, vegging requires less, flowering requires more.

plants grow and take water 24/7

what in heavens name is a "pot-detox" day? Don't answer that, I won't understand even if you try to explain it.

for the hell of it i'll reply anyway haha, i just stop smoking for a day or two when i can so i don't build up a tolerance eventually leading to smoking more to feel the same, not completely sure if it works but going to try it a few times a month to find out.

@ColoradoHigh exactly what I was needing to know about CFL's Thanks =)

@Buckshot Figured that much lol, should they have a longer watering during daylight cycles though or does it even matter with hydro?

Back
Top Bottom